'VMAX Climax' Pokemon TCG Trademark Filed!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Really don't care if VMAX's end or not so long as they print all the GMax forms for Pokemon. I don't like Dynamax or Gigamax as a game mechanic at all (It's just a poor man's Mega Evolution) and VMAX's are just kind of a... Whatever mechanic, but the Pokemon forms themselves I feel, much like Mega Evolution should be represented in card form regardless.

As someone who likes completeness, I value when they make something that can "Complete" a collection-for instance, something like all Mega Evolutions getting an EX... Which they didn't. I don't want them to make the same mistake twice with this, but they very likely will ignore some of them when VMAX's inevitably end, and it's a bummer on that alone. (Less so for the competitive TCG, but I'm talking strictly as a collector right now).

I can't really see this set or whatever it is being the "End" of VMAX's unless this came out around the end of the year, though.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
my guess is they’ll be doing a HGSS-type year of sets next year for the DP remakes
No... don't give me hope...
I’d say rather than get too much hope up for this type of occurrence, more people should just design sets for Lackey DPPt+ and the pretend it’s the real deal.

I hope we at least get the remaining G-Max mons as cards, unlike megas. Still missing Machamp, Gengar, Kingler, Garbodor, Melmetal, Rillaboom, Cinderace, Inteleon, Appletun, Sandaconda, Hatterene, and Duraludon
No way we’re going to get 12 VMAX’s in three... actually, wait, now that I think about it, we got four VMAX’s in Darkness Ablaze, 3 in the mere 70 card Champions Path, and another four in the upcoming Battle Styles, so if they carry on with the four GMAX per set policy of Battle Styles, chances are we could get ‘em all out the door by next year. But again, why not focus on what’s good this year and check out projects like Lackey? (I still need to test out the program itself, but I’m having fun designing cards for the program!

This and the series 8 VGC ruleset confirm my theory: Pokemon generations are dead. Each game is completely self-contained. The Sinnoh remakes will not be Gen 8, will not have every Pokemon currently available in SwSh, and will not have direct compatibility with SwSh. The ********* when this is revealed is gonna make Dexit look like nothing.
To be fair, Pokémon is such a monstrously complex game that given the graphics of Sword and Shield we were lucky to get 2/3rds of all Pokémon. And to be honest, I probably WOULDN’T buy it unless it was almost exactly the same as the original Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. If they even make the battles easier to mirror modern games, they can give up on convincing me to buy the game, nostalgic memories or not. We need remakes that truly IMPROVE the old games, and while the standard set by modern games is OKAY for new games, I guess, there is very little about Sword and Shield that would be an IMPROVEMENT to a D&P remake. Of course, if the Pokémon Company International decides otherwise, I can always enjoy the original. Still, it WOULD have been nice to see Spear Pillar with a 3D natural landscape.

Shadow Lugia

Aspiring Trainer
so EX lasted 5 years (2012-2016)
GX 3 years (2017-2019)
and we are guessing V (or VMAX) are lasting 2 (2020-2021)?

feels a little short if they end V poke that quickly but could see them dropping VMAX as we shift to a region without Dynamax/Gigantamax pokemon.
If they make a diamond and pearl remake, they might do that as a set line. They kept EX's from black& white in XY. They might do that with V's, too

Last edited:

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
I think Vs are staying, VMAX will be phased out or make minimal appearances as the sets start to focus on sinnoh. Wonder if V-Union is just tag teams coming back with a new name - regardless about what you think about them relative to game balance, they were/are pretty popular cards from a collector's point of view

Are the DP remakes going to have their own gimmick that gets a TCG equivalent? Megas coming back as Vs?

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Well if Diamond and Pearl is indeed getting a remake then does that open the door for a VS Seeker reprint?

Well if Diamond and Pearl is indeed getting a remake then does that open the door for a VS Seeker reprint?
If it does then will that drop the price of VS Seeker? Because I’m certainly not spending $3 a piece for four of those.

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
more likely a finishing move or attack designed to quickly win a game... through use of a layover card in the similar format of a break card

If this is a set coming out in Japan, by when would the set be out? Because if we know when we will be getting the cards in English, that could help us determine whether this is truly the end of the line for VMAX’s. I would be happy to grant TPCI a “detox” year of just V’s before moving on to a pre-B&W meta, in which Ultra and Secret Rares do not mean 200+ HP basics and 300+ HP Stage 1’s. But we’ve had multi prize Pokémon for the last nine years, so, you know... I don’t see them breaking the habit any time soon.

JaxuTCG

i love swinub
Okay, so we are getting 600-hp garbodor ultimate max 123, which does ultimate max trashalanche 123 which does 300 damage for each item card in your opponent's discard pile.

MtSilverHermit

Aspiring Trainer
I really hope the remaining mons get their G/D forms shown off in card form. Really thought Gengar would be a safe bet given it's popularity but now I'm getting a little nervous.