'Vivid Voltage,' November's English Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Z_dude Aspiring Trainer
    Z_dude

Zarude looks way to much like a actual anime person that makes me really sad

2. Skeleton Liar サーナ~
    Skeleton Liar

Well, with the official confirmation that Amazing Rares are in this set, my interest in Champions Path is now out the window. It was more likely than not that they'd be in this set, though, after the description of Champions Path didn't mention them. But all that means is that I'll buy singles online of the Gardevoir and Alcremie V's and VMAX's.

I do wonder how rare the Amazing Rares will be, though. Like, how many in a booster box. We'll see in November.

AshCo likes this.
  3. PokemonMasterNate VMAX Charizard will be mine!
    PokemonMasterNate

Wait a sec. Charizard's on the front of the chest. Does that mean...

4. The Binder Guy Aspiring Trainer
    The Binder Guy

That the tournament-exclusive Rainbow Rare Charizard VMAX is coming to international markets? It’s looking more likely but it’ll probably be in Champion’s Path as the set’s main selling point.

5. Kaizaac Aspiring Trainer
    Kaizaac

It says 6 Vmaxs, so they would be:
    Pikachu
    Orbeetle
    Togekiss
    Coalossal
    Eevee (possibly)
    Unknown (Water type? Pls?)
    And eleven Vs
    Pikachu
    Orbeetle
    Togekiss
    Coalossal
    Zarude
    Ampharos
    Steelix
    Eevee (possibly)
    Greedent
    Unknown
    Unknown (has Vmax)
    And 4 special energy
    Stone Fighting/ Grass Special (can’t remember name)(Whichever’s not in champions path
    Water Special
    Metal Special
    Unknown (Dragon if it’s not deconfirmed)
    This isn’t confirmed, just speculation.

6. Kaizaac Aspiring Trainer
    Kaizaac

Also, Orbeetle Art is fire

7. WillyCharizard Aspiring Trainer
    WillyCharizard

Charizard and Drednaw as Theme deck just as I predicted

Will be funny if Charizard its the one who take out Charizard TEU deck from theme meta but is quite unlikely anyway

8. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Expect amazing rares take the reverse holo slots and like prism stars, 2 per box

Skeleton Liar likes this.
  9. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Nah, Maybe Twin Energy reprint in Champions Path

10. PokemonMasterNate VMAX Charizard will be mine!
    PokemonMasterNate

True, but it would be cool

11. Emerfirek Aspiring Trainer
    Emerfirek

Having the theme decks be a gym leader vs. a (former) champion feels kind of unbalanced, but w/e. I kinda wish it was Bea vs. Nessa instead, but we did just get the Sirfetch'd deck.

They're prob not gonna give us more than 2 Leon/Nessa in the respective decks, but I hope Nessa contains Cramokuda (even though Nessa doesn't actually have a Cramorant in the games) so we wouldn't have to pull or trade for them. On the other hand, I also kinda want the Leon deck to have some more of his mons (like Haxorus or Dragapult, but w/ [C] attack costs so [R] still works for them), rather than it just being another heavily [R] mon saturated [R] deck. His team in game only has 1 Fire mon unless you choose Grookey, after all.

12. Z_dude Aspiring Trainer
    Z_dude

i am excited because with this we then have my favorite theory deck, orbeetle vmax-ampharos spread, look out mad party i t2 knock out your entire feild

13. johnwick Aspiring Trainer
    johnwick

I hope all Amazing Rares are in this set. If it's like the new Prism mechanic and spread across various sets, it's too early.

Usually, every 4 sets, there's a new mechanic.

Last 4 XY Sets (Break)
    1st 4 SM Sets were GX
    Middle 4 SM Prism Star
    Last 4 Sets Tag Team GX
    1st 4 SwSh V & VMAx

If the pattern changes, who knows what next thing will be.

Also, Dibs on Cases of the Charizard Theme decks (I know it's a 4 Zard 4 Dred deal, still taking it

14. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

RIP Ultra Pro 3x3 portfolios, we hardly knew ye

15. AshCo Ouchies!
    AshCo

Honestly my interest in it was out the window when I learned that the set in general, rather than the Alt. Art Tag Teams that actually have some form of collectible appeal to it, it was Celebrating all these BELOVED Gym Leaders from the Galar Region! with a bunch of Pokemon-V I couldn't care less about, along with all these products based on characters I couldn't care less about. Amazing Rares would've been an okay substitute for that but it definitely wasn't likely they'd have been in at all.

I'm gonna just get an ETB for that Full Art Charizard. Might even get the single of it if it's cheap enough.

Not really too early though, in the English/Mostly International TCG this has happened before:

• Boundaries Crossed introduced Ace Specs only three sets after EX's were introduced.
    • Primal Clash~Ancient Origins only did the Ancient Trait mechanic for three sets-BREAKThrough was the last set of 2015, starting the BREAK era for five sets (Including Evolutions).
    • Crimson Invasion partly introduced the Ultra Beast mechanic only three sets after GX's were introduced. Of course Prism Stars and Tag Teams were the more major mechanics of 2018 and 19 respectively, but Beast support was also throughout that year as well and a major part of especially 2018.
    It still does follow a general pattern but there are definite variations out there. That being said, I am wondering if Amazing Rares are going to be a one-off. Legendary Heartbeat came before Shocking Volt Tackle, right? I'm not sure if there's any mention of AR's being in the upcoming set, but correct me if I'm wrong on that, I barely follow the Japanese TCG.

16. Chimecho3000 Aspiring Trainer
    Chimecho3000

I understand the promo numbering, but jeez having Vaporeon wedged between Scorbunny & Sobble...

17. johnwick Aspiring Trainer
    johnwick

18. FireLizard Dragon shipper
    FireLizard

So no Amazing Rares in Champion's Path?
    What cards will have Champion's Path now?
    And especially...
    that Sobble promo and the Charizard theme deck are gorgeous

19. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

As Japanese main sets tend to have 4 VMAX cards, and the "in-between sets" have 3, I'd say our 6 VMAX cards are Pikachu, Orbeetle, Coalossal, Togekiss and then two unknown VMAX cards from Shocking Volt Tackle.

It's the same with the regular V cards. We know there's 11 regular and 13 FA. Main sets tend to have 8 and "in-betweeners" usually have 6. Furthermore, we already know regular Sirfetch'd won't be in the set. This leaves Pikachu and Orbeetle from Shocking Volt Tackle and Coalossal, Togekiss, Zarude, Steelix and Ampharos from Legendary Heartbeat. It would not surprise me if two V cards got removed from the Japanese Shocking Volt Tackle and made into English promo cards (we already got one with Sirfetch'd), with their FA cards being left in (hence the 13 vs 11 V cards).

I could see Greedent being featured in Champion's Path maybe, and Eevee VMAX in a Collection of sorts, as the regular Eevee V from the decks became a tin promo

20. johnwick Aspiring Trainer
    johnwick

RIP Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman)

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 2 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?