• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Virizion EX / Genesect EX / Roserade

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Virizion Ex
    3 Genesect Ex
    2-2 Roserade DRX
    1-1 Raichu XY
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Juniper
    2 N
    2 Shauna
    3 Skyla
    1 Colress
    2 Shadow Triad
    1 G Booster
    2 Skyarrow Bridge
    2 Level Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    3 Energy Switch
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    3 Muscle Band
    1 Town Map
    1 Switch
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Super Rod
Energy:

• 9 Grass
    4 Plasma

Strategy:
Standard Strategy for VirGen. Turn 2 Emerald Slash into G-Boosters. Roserade for added consistency.

The metagame here is mostly Fairy and Dark with a few Plasma. The rest are rogue decks. I found this set up fairly reliable since there are no fire decks what so ever.

Atm im trying to decide what to do about all the cards that cycle out in the future. The ones that i assume are cycling out are in bold. It will ruin a bunch of the consistency.

Also not entirely sure I am playing this deck correctly. I run it very aggressively and usually start going after energy as soon as I can. Usually only end up setting up 1 Genesect and leaving me a little vulnerable. But I find if I spend that extra turn charging another Genesect, things get a little crazy.

yo_chocola

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Virizion / Genesect / Roserade

The 3 Skyla can be replaced with Korrina when the rotation comes around, it can't get you a supporter or stadium but it will be the next best thing to Skyla as it can still get your G-Booster
Enhanced hammer maybe won't rotate out as it was printed as a promo card in Japan so we might get it here (fingers crossed) it would be huge in helping to balance the new Strong Energy in Rising Fists
Tool Scrapper can be replaced with Startling Megaphone, although this does stop you getting rid of a Muscle Band on Genesect to replace it with a G-Booster, this could still perhaps be achieved with the new Tool Stripper but this would obviously have to be tested when the new set comes out
Super Rod could maybe be replaced with a 1/1 split of Sacred Ash/Energy Retrieval
Town Map will of course be a huge loss, leaving you unable to get your G-Booster out of the prizes easily but I can't really see a way around this
I don't really feel that Roserade is necessary with this deck and I normally run a 3-2 line of Raichu due to the popularity of Yveltal in my area but that's just my preference and I can't really see a viable replacement for Roserade, however you may consider a 2-2 line of Floette to help your Genesect/Virizion survive a hit from Yveltal and makes it almost impossible for Lugia to score a OHKO which could be something to consider
What really concerns me is the loss of Skyarrow Bridge, you could try and get around this with the inclusion of a Superior Energy Retrieval to get your energy lost from retreating back from the discard or maybe just some more switching cards (Switch/Ecape Rope)
Level Ball could perhaps be sorted out with 2 more Ultra Balls and maybe an Exeggcute but Leval ball will certainly be one this that is sorely missed
I hope that my suggestions have been of help and let me know what you think as I am too trying to build a Genesect/Virizion deck at the moment as well :)

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer

I run both Roserade and Skyla so i can do plays like. Roserade Le Parfume for Plasma Energy, Skyla for G-Booster. Red Signal out a huge threat on the bench, then wipe it out with G-Booster. Having 2 powerful search cards in one turn can make a huge difference and is quite game changing. Also Roserade acts as computer search, that allows me to grab any card in my deck. It adds some crazy consistency. As long as i have Roselia on the bench, i have 15 ways to draw into a supporter. 4 Juniper, 2 N, 2 Shauna, 1 Colress, 2 Roserade, 2 Level Ball, and 2 Ultra Ball. It gives me 10 ways to hit a Plasma energy. There are basically 6 cards in my deck that fetch me any card i want.

My deck is currently the top deck at my league, so i must be doing something right.

As for this deck for next set. I was considering adding Tropius to help the consistency, and as a really weak replacement to roserade. Things like Turn 1 Return to draw up to 6 cards into Turn 2 Emerald Slash with the help of energy switch works really nicely. Though i would add in a 4th energy switch if want to use this strategy.

I'm not sure i want to add Herb Energy to this deck. Granted it will probably help to keep my pokemon alive. But it isn't attachable via Emerald Slash, and i think that hurts this deck. I think if anything i would add 1 or 2 Herb energy, but keep grass energy at 8 to a minimum.

Floette is interesting. it might actually make a huge difference in certain match ups. I know most of the time my opponent is hitting for around 170. Having just 40 more Hp would be so irritating for them. With the addition of being able to heal 30.

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer

keep the roserade in the deck. They just add so much consistancy and like you said aloow you to have the big g booster plasma energy turns.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker

Try out maybe 1 or 2 Devolution Sprays, so you can re-use Le Parfum. Also, Skyla is not best choice if you're already running an anything searcher, namely Roserade. Raichu is a good choice if you're fighting a Pyroar, just be careful of Garbotoxin, so make sure you have Megaphones, Catchers, or Lysandre's at the ready if you need them. If Raichu doesn't work out, try Diggersby, since you can use it to get back Devolution Sprays and It has a 50% chance of avoiding damage again. If you DO use diggersby, though, put a Fliptini in there, to increase that damage rate to 75%.

Great Deck, would love to see how it grows in the future!

Bumbleblogn

Aspiring Trainer

I get what your say'n and that's crazy, but wouldn't roserade just become a huge target for lysandre? How do you keep it from getting KO'ed so easy?

Ivy_Profen said:
I run both Roserade and Skyla so i can do plays like. Roserade Le Parfume for Plasma Energy, Skyla for G-Booster. Red Signal out a huge threat on the bench, then wipe it out with G-Booster. Having 2 powerful search cards in one turn can make a huge difference and is quite game changing. Also Roserade acts as computer search, that allows me to grab any card in my deck. It adds some crazy consistency. As long as i have Roselia on the bench, i have 15 ways to draw into a supporter. 4 Juniper, 2 N, 2 Shauna, 1 Colress, 2 Roserade, 2 Level Ball, and 2 Ultra Ball. It gives me 10 ways to hit a Plasma energy. There are basically 6 cards in my deck that fetch me any card i want.

My deck is currently the top deck at my league, so i must be doing something right.

As for this deck for next set. I was considering adding Tropius to help the consistency, and as a really weak replacement to roserade. Things like Turn 1 Return to draw up to 6 cards into Turn 2 Emerald Slash with the help of energy switch works really nicely. Though i would add in a 4th energy switch if want to use this strategy.

I'm not sure i want to add Herb Energy to this deck. Granted it will probably help to keep my pokemon alive. But it isn't attachable via Emerald Slash, and i think that hurts this deck. I think if anything i would add 1 or 2 Herb energy, but keep grass energy at 8 to a minimum.

Floette is interesting. it might actually make a huge difference in certain match ups. I know most of the time my opponent is hitting for around 170. Having just 40 more Hp would be so irritating for them. With the addition of being able to heal 30.

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer

You are fine if roserade gets lysandred out because you would much rather give up the one prize rather then them going after virizion ex or genesect ex. Flotte could just as easily be KO'd and it adds no consistancy to your deck, where roserade already does it job before it gets KO'd.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer

Also i would not play this deck without Skyla. Skyla can grab me every trainer in my deck. Sometimes i have a Roselia on my bench and a skyla in hand, but i need a Plasma energy that turn. I just Skyla for Level ball, Grab Roserade, use Le Parfume, grab Plasma energy, use Red signal, and take the KO.

Also devosprays are in an interesting idea, but i dont have the space. I rather just hope it gets knocked out, use super rod on it and use it again. When using devospray, i have to wait a turn to use Roserade again, theres a chance i could get N'ed or some how lose my hand and instead of being able to sklya for what i needed that turn, i have to wait until i find roserade again.

They can lysandre roserade if they want. It would be a terribly stupid play for them though. If they choose to attack and OHKO Roserade, then my attackers dont take any damage and can then hit their attack for free essentially. I don't think i've played a match when my opponent focuses down my roserade unless its in the active. Roserade usually just sits on my bench the entire game. After it evolves, Roserade is essentially useless to me and thus no threat to my opponent.

I dont plan on removing Roserade until it cycles out, which i assume will happen in a few months. Thats the only reason I'm looking for a replacement.

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer

I would beef up the raichu line but in your list i dont see what you could take out to add more pikachu/ raichu

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer

I don't really need Raichu to be honest. The biggest threats that Raichu counters is Yveltal and Lugia. Though they are both just a G booster away from a knock out. I had a 2-2 Raichu line before, but i never really used them. I like Enhanced hammer for right now since they are useful in more situations than raichu. But there are a lot of times i wished Enhanced hammer was something else. I'm almost tempted to use Crushing hammer since, there are so many times Enhanced hammer sits in my hand and does nothing. At least i could use Crushing Hammer any time. I'm almost tempted to go back to Abomasnow. Since that is useful in any match up and actually can get me the win against fire types.

1 of Raichu is pretty useful. If its on the bench with 1 energy, it makes my opponents think, and puts them in a bad position. They know unless they take out Raichu, Yveltal is in danger if it chooses to attack. If they do take out Raichu with Yveltal, it will probably be KOed by Genesect and they only take 1 prize while i take 2. Thus they hide their Yveltal with the energy on the bench, and once i hit a plasma energy i Red Signal it out and KO it anyway. Since as stated before i have 10 ways to hit a Plasma energy, 1 more if 1 is in the discard with 2 shadow triad. Its mostly a scare tactic.

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer

Yeah that makes sense with the crushing hammer. You could ry going 1-1 with hammers or just try 2 crushing. I like abomasnow because it helps against fire decks greatly.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer

My choices atm are

-2-2 Raichu

1-1 Raichu
2 Hammers

2-2 Abomasnow

I've played Abomasnow before, but since there are no fire decks and there are tons of Yveltals flying around, it just makes sense to use Raichu.

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer

ok let me know how it works because i built a similar deck and use abomasnow

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer

I play Abomosnow online. It works pretty well. I beat a bunch of fire decks by focusing down the charizards with red signal, bang heads w/ muscle band. I never really miss Enhanced hammer or Raichu.

Whenever i see a Yveltal come down, i just plan to G booster it in the near future.

Fairy decks are pretty simple to beat. The entire match your opponent is either afraid you will KO its attacker with all the energy, or they will be afraid of Aromatisse getting knocked out.

Blastoise decks, its basically the same thing. Either Blastoise or Keldeo. Its great since Blastoise is OHKOed by Muscle Band Emerald Slash.

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer

Yeah im thinking i am going to stick with abomasnow as well because it has worked ok for me. As long as you are able to get the G booster onto genesect then yveltal can do anything to stop you.

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz

+ 1-1 Raichu
- 1-1 Roserade

The consistency is nice, but without DCE a 1-1 line of raichu is virtually worthless. If you manually have to attach 2 energy to a raichu against Yveltal, they can get a catcher/lysandre and one shot easily, leaving you without a real counter besides for Gbooster. Yes, the prize trade is up 2 to 1, but if you are manually attaching to a raichu (I'm assuming you don't emerald slash to a pika/raichu), you aren't attaching to other non-easily KO'able pokemon (like genesect). With 2 level and ultra balls you should be fine searching out for the roserade/raichu anyways.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Na 90% of the time i dont even need Raichu. I would take out Raichu, if i could figure out what to replace it with. I might have to go back to Abomasnow pretty soon, with fire decks finally starting to pop up.

-1-1 Raichu
-2 Enhanced Hammers
+2-2 Abomasnow

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
...that was the complete opposite reply from you that I expected.
2 enhanced hammers aren't needed and abombasnow is really bad. Riachu is much better then abombasnow, besides for the fact that abomb has more HP, he needs 3 energy, doesn't have free retreat, and isn't level ball-able. I really can't see people playing abombasnow competitively as the Meta is mostly Yveltal and not Charizard, but in a local area where that is the only deck around...maybe switch decks until FUF releases?
If you are that conerned of fire decks play a 2-2 line of skyarrow bridge and plasma frigate.
This also brings up the fact that you don't have enough switch cards. 2 skyarrow and 1 switch is not enough. I run 5 and I occasionally get stuck active in bad spots. I'd try to add 1 more switch and 1 escape rope.
IMHO, fire isn't a big deal for this deck. The only way that you can be screwed is if your fire opponent gets a T1 combustion blast/ slash/ litleo's 1st attack. 9/10 times that doesn't happen because the resources needed to set up for next turn are more important then the T1 attack.
if you can KO a litleo they were setting up T2 with an emerald slash and a band, you are pretty much safe to get a T3 Gbooster attack to a charizard...AKA 3 prizes in 3 turns.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Well atm the people at my league are starting to tech against my deck. With both fire and stuff like Sigilyph and silver mirror.

Online my deck is as posted with the changed in the post above. a 2-2 line of Abomasnow is pretty great for fire decks. It like 50/50 with abomasnow, since it really depends on how fast i can set them up.

As for switching cards. Most people ask why i even bother running 1 switch, since skyarrow gives free retreat. You actually want me to add more. There is no space for more switching cards, and i dont need it. There are almost no times when im thinking, i need a second switch in this deck. Escape ropes aren't really important since Red Signal is just better. This deck has up to 6 Red Signals per game, and i think thats enough.