Ruling Vileplume's Allergy Panic VS. Lucario GL's Boundary Aura

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Well, I just have another question regarding a supposed match in an Unlimited battle: What would happen if both this cards were in play at the same time?
8-lucario-gl.jpg
3-vileplume.jpg

Luispipe8 said:
Well, I just have another question regarding a supposed match in an Unlimited battle: What would happen if both this cards were in play at the same time?
8-lucario-gl.jpg
3-vileplume.jpg

Thats a wonderful question and the answer looks to me as so.
Since it is "Apply Weakness for each pokemon" its not an addition of damage or of a multiplier its simply replace the weakness with 2x and 4x. I would only assume one to take effect but youd have to get word from another professor to be sure ^_^

Haha, yeah, the thing is that even the Wording is exactly the same, so there's no void in there, causing this confusion. :p

Luispipe8 said:
Haha, yeah, the thing is that even the Wording is exactly the same, so there's no void in there, causing this confusion. :p
I cant wait to see what the other professors have to say about this

CarlosDuranJr said:
Whenever there is an instance where there is more than one effect in play, the player triggering the effects chooses. So, whoever is attacking chooses if it's 4x or 2x.

Mora said:
CarlosDuranJr said:
Whenever there is an instance where there is more than one effect in play, the player triggering the effects chooses. So, whoever is attacking chooses if it's 4x or 2x.

Hm, fair enough, I guess that works. :D It would have been nice to have an official source for that, though. But thanks to the both of you! (and Carlos as well!)

Just FYI, I just got a PM with this:
ViehTee said:
Hi,

I saw your question on Vileplume and Lucario GL and I was unsatisfied by the answers because I was quite sure that this is false. So I asked this at official Organized Play Forum.
"There was an interesting ruling question for unlimited regarding Vileplume from BCR and Lucario GL.
[...]
Now I want to forward this question to this forum because I'm interested in the answer (imo the answer at pokebeach is not right but I'm unsure).

I guess it's something like 'new is always better'. So the effect which comes later into play counts but as I said I'm very unsure."

And here is the answer I got from Pokepop:
"Well, there are two ways that one could go with it, and neither of them are the 'rule' that was given in PokeBeach. That was totally wrong. If anything, it is the opposite. The person whose Pokemon is being affected usually chooses the order if they are effects taking place at the same time.
And that's what I'm thinking would apply.

However, one could make an argument for 'last played' taking precedence. But, these are both 'continual' effects. They are constantly being applied and are not triggered. Given that, I'm leaning toward them being something that the player whose Pokemon is being affected would get to choose the order. And that would be the Defending player.
Of course, this situation will never come up in a real game."

I'm writing you that you can fill it into your thread because I have no rights to answer in this section.

Kind regards,
Fiete

Well, whatever PokePop says goes :)

We had a lively discussion on the topic, but there was no previous compendium ruling, even in the meta-rulings, that I saw that I could easily quote.

Back