• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Vileplume Toolbox Is Best Korea

Alaska

formerly princemeat skarmheart
I have no idea if the attackers I put in here are the best for this or not. I'm just going by some ideas I had.

Pokémon: 22
x4-1-4 Vileplume Boundaries Crossed (Cold Flare/Freeze Bolt)
x2 Mewtwo EX
x3 Sawk BW
x2 Rayquza DV
x2 Lapras ND
x2 Aerodactyl DE
x1 Zekrom BW

T/S/S 28
x4 N
x3 Professor Juniper
x2 Random Receiver
x4 Rare Candy
x2 Twist Mountain
x3 Eviolite
x3 Switch
x3 Ultra Ball
x4 Pokemon Catcher

NRG 11
x4 DCE
x4 Blend WLFM
x3 Basic Fighting

Strategy:
Set up Vileplumes ASAP while at the same time utilizing Lapras to set up the variety of Pokemon I have in my deck. Use Twist Mountain to get out Aerodactyl and get OHKO's on Mewtwo with one DCE, OHKO's on Darkrai with Sawk, etc.

Any help is great. Thanks guys.

Azurial

Aspiring Trainer
Personally this list seems to suffer from A.D.D. I'm not trying to flame, but I see the problem lying it trying to do too much too soon.

Examples:

Areodactyl is theoretically a great bench sitter, however, in order to run any Fossil effectively, I've found that you really do need to play Twist Mountain as well as the Item card that goes with said Fossil - the engine is much too slow.

Another problem I potentially see is in Vileplume. Realistically this could help make or break a game, but if I see an Oddish hit the bench, I'm going after it. The x4 Weakness could be huge, but it's also going to be a huge risk and it will need proper as well as precise timing.

The energy count in this deck is odd, but I understand why you need it. The problem is that Enhanced Hammer is a huge threat to it.

The last thing I see here is Lapras. Sure it has a great 100 HP, but it has an unjustifiable 2 retreat.This makes it easier for me to drop a catcher, bring it up and knock it out, using your own Vileplume to my advantage.

That said, I think this deck could use the following changes:

3-1-2 Vileplume Boundaries Crossed (Cold Flare/Freeze Bolt)
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Rayquza DV
3 Aerodactyl DE
1 Zekrom BW
2 Emolga DR
1 Sableye DE

T/S/S 28
3 N
3 Professor Juniper
2 Skyla (BC)
2 Bicycle (BC)
2 Bianca/Cheren (preference)
2 Rare Candy
2 Old Amber
2 Twist Mountain
1 Eviolite
3 Switch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Levelball
2 Revive
1 Super Rod

NRG 11
3 DCE
6 Lightning
3 Blend PRGD

So the whole point is to make the deck a bit more consistent. Since you're using the Vileplume, why just stop there? There are a whole host of awesome Trainers in the next set that warrant use. Skyla, and Bicycle, being probably your greatest options here, and when combined with a well placed Cheren the turn after or before, give you huge hands where this deck really needs it. This will make you have to play not only conservatively, but also fast.

Picture setting up on turn 1, all you have in the active slot is Emolga. You know you have the first turn, but What do you do with it? You can either play it and Call for Family, OR hit the Skyla in your hand to bounce a 'Cycle into it, play out your hand to nothing (as the case very well may be), and draw another four before you attack for the turn, thus opening your options for a Turn 1 Mewtwo Donk off of a bad start, a Turn 1 Rayquaza or all sorts of other shenanigans while you get your Vileplume out on a devistating Turn 2.

Sableye sets up a midgame recycle engine that will get Revives and your Rod back for stuff you may have had to drop with Rayquaza, Juniper or Ultra Ball.

Also added the Levelball for the potential Turn 1 Areodactyl which could make Donks easier.

Alaska

I like some of your ideas, including a few Skyla and Bicycle, but I personally think this deck needs sawk. It really does help with Darkrai. I can also attest to taking out Lapras, it was a pretty meh idea.

Alaska

Puff said:
I'd say Landorus EX over Sawk. It's a great starter, and can put pressure on the bench early.

I guess, but that gives up two prizes, and will be more expensive.
The point of this deck is to have something that functions well off of what would be just bad nonholo rares. I like Landorus in other things, but I don't really wanna put it in here.

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
Ummmmm....

Prism Energy > Fighting Energy
Landorus EX > Sawk

That should be pretty self-explanatory.

Alaska

Oh lol prism.
Yeah I'll put that in.
Hey VY if we hang out this weekend you should lend me some prism.

Get a job and give me my hammers back

FUGGNUTZ

AKA General Gengar
Personally, I like Terrakion-EX in a Vileplume deck. It can hit 2 for 50 early to do damage to Darkrais and Eels, and can attach basic energies as a form of energy acceleration. Bellossom would also be great in this deck, as it stomps on Terrakion(-EX), Keldeo-EX, and Blastoise for 1 Grass Energy.

Alaska

FUGGNUTZ said:
Personally, I like Terrakion-EX in a Vileplume deck. It can hit 2 for 50 early to do damage to Darkrais and Eels, and can attach basic energies as a form of energy acceleration. Bellossom would also be great in this deck, as it stomps on Terrakion(-EX), Keldeo-EX, and Blastoise for 1 Grass Energy.

I might do that actually. Bellossom sounds pretty wicked. I need to find more space for this deck. Gahhhh.