• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

VileGarEon - Masters/Any

pokeman26

Magikarp Hate
Players: (22)

2: Gastly - Stormfront
2: Haunter - Arceus
2: Gengar - 2 Stormfront
1: Gengar lvlX - Arceus
2: Oddish - Legends
2: Gloom - Legends
2: VilePlume - Undaunted
1: Eevee - RR
1: Leafeon - RR
1: Leafeon - MD lvlX
1: Azelf - Legends
1: Azelf lvlX - Legends
4: Spiritomb - Arceus

Energy (16)

8: Psychic Energy
4: Leaf Energy
2: Warp Energy
2: Cyclone Energy

Trainers/Stadium/Supporters (22)

Stadium:
3: Broken Time Space
1: Miasma Valley

Supporters:
3: Seeker
2: Interviewers Questions
2: Professor Oaks Theory
3: Pokemon Collector
3: Bebe's Search
1: Palmer's Contribution
2: Lookers Investigation

Trainers:
1: Premier Ball
1: Luxury Ball

Strategy - Trainer lock with Spirtomb and Vileplume. Poltergeist with Gengar. Heal and Energy Support from Leafeon. Basic support from Azelf. What do ya think?

Why a 1-1-1 line of Leafeon Try a 2-2-2 line and take out 1 interviewer's 1 seeker and 1 cyclone energy. Whats the full strategy?

I posted the strategy. Trainer lock with spiritomb and vileplume. Poltergeist with Gengar. Heal and Energy support from leafeon.

Why the two Trainers? You shouldn't be playing any Trainers during every game (and especially not your opponent) if it's a key part of your strategy. Since you don't play any Uxie, I suggest another PONT and another Bebe's Search for consistency.

dmaster out.

I agree dmaster... do you think I should should switch to a 2-2-2 leafeon line instead of 1-1-1 as "Dark Sonic J" suggested?

Also, how do you think this deck would hold up in a tourney?

Tbh, Idk about Leafeon at all. I've never seen it in a deck like this and I personally have a build that just focuses on Gengar and the Spiritomb/Vileplume combo that works fine. Again, that's just me, but you should test out different lines of them if you feel you need to add another one.

How it does in a Tournament is almost completely reliant on what other people are playing there. So I wouldn't be able to answer that effectively. If there is quite a bit of SP (not with Dialga) and Gyarados, then this is solid play for sure.

dmaster out.

Yea... Leafeon hasn't really been introduced in a deck like this. I guess its because I didn't want to rely entirely on Gengar. Leafeon is extremely useful. It can heal your pokemon AND let you attach additional energy. Plus it has some pretty nice attacks. I guess I wanted to catch my opponents off guard. If I didn't use Leafeon, I wouldn't know what to replace them with... Possibly my original setup with Misdreavus and Mismagius... considering Mismagius has Energy Trans and Poltergeist (same as gengar)

I'm going to update the deck again - I was wondering...what are the most common weaknesses of a vilegar deck? Pokemon, supporters, etc...

Back