Victini/ Sharpedo

juunkmilk

3nd coming
Hey PB, here's a fun little deck idea.
It's not very good, but I might take it to a BR's or something.
30-sharpedo.jpg
SUS said:
Victini – Fire – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Victory Star
You can use this when your Pokemon flip coins as part of an attack. Ignore all results of those coin flips and reflip from the beginning. You can’t use Victory Star more than 1 time during your turn even if you have multiple Victini in play.

[R][C] Assist Power: 30 damage. Move all Energy attached to this Pokemon to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

The idea is you get out a Sharpedo and a victini, then you use strip bare.
Strip Bare normally has a 25% chance of working, and Victory Star brings it to 50%.
20 for one (30 with sp. Dark) could be better, but a 50% chance of discarding your opponent's deck is pretty rad, especially in the first couple turns.

Fun techs:
12-maractus.jpg

Possible 60 for one? Why not, it will at least do some damage.

12-slowking.jpg

Control their draws if you can't delete their hands.

Here's a skeleton or something:
PK MN:
4-4 Sharpedo
3 Victini
2 Maractus
2-3 Slowking

T/S/S:
3 Oak's
3 Communication
4 Collector
4 Poké Ball
3 Copycat
2 Junipers
2 Switch (Reversals, man, and Slowking)
3 Reversal
4 Junk Arm
3 Revive

NRG:
4 sp. Dark
3 Dark
3 Rainbow

SO MANY SPOILERS YOU GUYS

Its 20 for 1, 30 with Sp {D}.

I think it has potential. Just add Weavile and possibly Slowking (Slowpoke's 2 retreat cost hurts).

I really like the idea though.

Oh lol, sorry.

I think Weavile adds too much unwanted inconsistency for what it does, it's not really worth it to me.

I actually quite like the Slowking idea, if you can't delete their hands at least control them.

This could get really annoying, really fast. It's a nice idea, but then again, you'll lack consistency. If your opponent gets anything up, (Yanmega Prime?) before you do, it's gonna snipe the Victini and tear you apart. The poor damage output gives your opponent more than one change for a Supporter to help him/her out, so I'd suggest Slowking hands down.

You'd have to run switch because of Slowpoke though. Victini/Sharpedo/Slowking could work really well.

Dump there hand, and control topdecks? Yes please. To bad the only thing that can discard the top card of your opponents deck is Ursaring.

Yeah definitely.
Also it's probably a good idea to get a lot of Victinis out, or have the resources to.

Glaceon that's the wrong their.

I don't think you'll need to run more than two Slowking. One or two Switch is all you'll need because your chances of starting with Slowpoke are not very high. Pokemon Collector will help you get your Victini out. Play three of those. Don't play 'em all at once though. They're just Yanmega bait.

I like to be sure, but I probably will change it to 2-3.
You almost always need four Collector, it's good to have one in your opening hand.
And three Switch is Necessary even in my Crobat/ Yanmega, because Reversals are a huge threat.

Persian might be a decent bet as it can discard up to 3 cards. Means you wont be destroyed by magnezones or zekroms.

why would you be destroyed by Magnezone? ZPS is a problem. Donphan tech.

If they can get a magnezone up its pretty good for them as they only need to burn 1 energy. I understand that you can stop them getting those magnezones set up but sometimes you dont get the flips you want (or reflips). Donphan tech would be ok if you made room for a pluspower so you can get the crucial OHKO. Im not sure about it here though as damaging the bench may be an issue as Sharpedo is fragile enough anyway.

T2/3 they will have no hand. It will be really hard for them with no hand.

@Magnezone/ZPS argument: Weakness doesn't really matter with something as delicate as Sharpedo.
@Glaceon: That's not often true, unfortunately, but I guess it's pretty safe to say.
Here's my list guys.
TOTAL CARDS: 60

POKEMON: 16
Stage 1: 7
4 : Sharpedo, TM-30
3 : Slowking, CL-32
Basic: 9
4 : Carvanha, TM-59
2 : Slowpoke, CL-70
3 : Victini, Whatever-##

TRAINERS: 33
Trainers: 20
2 : PlusPower, BW-96
3 : Pokemon Communication, BW-99
3 : Switch, BW-104
4 : Poke Ball, BW-97
4 : Pokemon Reversal, GS-99
4 : Research Record, CL-84
Supporters: 13
4 : Professor Oak's New Theory, CL-83
2 : Professor Juniper, BW-101
4 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97
3 : Copycat, CL-77

ENERGY: 11
Special Energy: 7
3 : Rainbow Energy, GS-104
4 : Darkness Energy (sp), RR-99
Basic Energy: 4
4 : Darkness Energy, DP-129
Pluspower are just silly, next time I need to put something in I'll take them out.
Sorry for the Exported from Redshark format.

I think this deck needs Donphan. Don't put me down and say that's not the point, hear me through:

You're doing 30 damage a turn. That'll KO stuff, what, every 3 turns at best? Yeah, good luck not letting your opponent get a PONT, Juniper, Judge, Copycat, etc. with Slowking. I've played decks with Slowking. After about 3 or 4 turns, you will almost always have to give an out. And once that happens, you're not in a good situation. Your opponent gets attackers out and you can't control them with a measly 30 damage.

But there's Donphan. 2HKOing most everything in the format (3HKO for Yanmega, but once you Strip Yanmega Bare, you won't have a problem with that) is nice. Sure, you have Maractus, but that gives you a 23% chance of getting 60 damage with Victini. That's not so good. Especially when you consider it could easily be 0 or 10.

In the list above, you shouldn't have Copycat. You want your opponent to have few cards. Might as well run Juniper... you discard, sure, but it's really not so bad. I would make the changes:
+2-2 Donphan
-3 Copycat
+1 Juniper
-1 Victini (you only really need 1 in play)
-1 Research Record (not a great play, but alright with Sage– which you don't seem to have in here).

By the time you'll be able to play this kind of a deck in a Tournament, Catcher will be in the format. I don't find running anything less than 4 Victini necessary at that point or at least some Revives.

dmaster out.

Why in the world would you play 4 Switch when you could play 2 Switch with 4 Junk Arm? Also 3-4 Slowking isn't need, because you don't need it out by turn 2, and it isn't a Sunflora. I also agree with the Donphan idea previously posted.

Back