Discussion Viability of M Latios EX

Biokrakenrs

Aspiring Trainer
Hello this is my first post, long time lurker of pokebeach.

I want to discuss the viability of M Latios EX as a competitive deck and a rogue deck this format!
The pokemons ability to hit a 120 damage snipe to bench pokemon gives it a real edge as it can easily shut down shaymin and jirachi ex as well as normal basics and stage 1s. Combined with target whistle and bats this deck can be a real contender!

Also with a turn 2 mega latios ex with 1 basic 1 DDE you can easily snipe benched pokemon before they even get going!

As for mr mime just run silent labs as a natural sky field counter or even a garb line for disruption!

I can see Latios-EX working somewhat well. I feel that M-Latios' best attribute is it's high HP and low retreat. Not it's snipe. The high HP allows you to survive much more hits, especially of Toad, and allows you to retreat from tough situations. The snipe is only a portion. What is commonly overlooked is how often you need to get rid of the powered up attacker. Unless M-Latios-EX can find a way to remove the higher HP threats, I feel the deck will be limited amongst the tiers.

I'm also against using Target Whistle. As mentioned above, you primarily need to be taking out the threats. Target Whistle is really only helpful late game to get an easy two prize cards when necessary, but during the early game, the card's value is Toad bait and a clunky card.

Back