VGC Training/Discussion Thread

but black and white has a different hack check from what someone told me. if its the same then it can be easier to just make the teams with pokesav/pokegen and just make them legit.i do remember something about someone brining an R4 card but i think the person got kicked out not arrested.

Chariblaze said:
The Assassin said:
In terms of PUSA's ability to detect hacks, or even cheats from AR, don't worry about it. I used straight pokesav'd pokemon at VGC '10 and i had no problems, 3 other people used clones of my same team, all got checked, and came up clean. I used the same SID checker for AR, so don't worry about it buddy.

Of course, that doesn't really help. I think there's another quote around here somewhere. Someone once said that someone was arrested for bringing an R4/other flash cart to an event, though I can't remember who at the moment. Might have been a rumor, I vaguely remember this.

Well, i wouldn't take the R4 card to the contest, I would transfer them to my actual white game that is real (if i even go to a contest :s not sure yet on that) But to sum it up, overall it's not against the rules if got the pokemon off there? I didn't hack them. I played the game legit on there, just that it's an R4 :/

well after everything that chari said, i'd think it would be okay. im not 100% on this, but i think it would be okay. and do you happen to have a thundurus with timid/hasty/naive nature that you haven't trained and would be willing to let me borrow for vgc?

pokemaster563 said:
well after everything that chari said, i'd think it would be okay. im not 100% on this, but i think it would be okay. and do you happen to have a thundurus with timid/hasty/naive nature that you haven't trained and would be willing to let me borrow for vgc?

sorry bro. i don't have one lol. i didn't catch him yet D:

dang, cause i really need a better one then the one i got. it has a friggen brave nature. so if anyone has a timid/hasty/naive natured thundurus--untrained-- and would be willing to let me borrow it, PM me asap.

I'm going to Newark for the VGC, but I kinda need some help.. I'm trying to make a team for the VGC this year, but I don't have any good pokemon.. Which pokemon should I use? Any advice? :(

I'll finalize my team fully after the results of tomorrow's VGC. Then I've got the week off to RNG and get everything ready in time for next Saturday.

Best of luck to all those who are competing tomorrow!

If anyone needs any help (RNG/VGC team building) and not going to Birmingham, I'm willing to help out.

I might go to the VGC Nationals in Indianapolis. I was hoping to get in last year, but I couldn't make it in time for the grinders thing. Might as well since it's Single Elimination, and I have all the luck in the world. We'll see what happens, I'll have to get a team before then.

I'll be attending the ATL competition (Masters) I'm still putting together a team. So far I know i'll be using my: Haxorus, Eelecktross, and Terrakion. No strategy as of yet. I suppose I'll have to make final selections only 6 days left! :headbang

99% sure I'll be in ATL. Guessing Pokemaster563 said that already since my name was on the list. Does anyone have any idea how early you'll need to get there since the registration is finally fair to those who get there early enough? And I'm using a Sandstorm team, just because I want to.:p

Darkvoid57 said:
Im sticking with a Genie, just to counter TR. So far, my team is;

Thundurus, Meinshao, Hydreigon, Siesmitoad, and Conkeldurr.

Sadly, the only 1 I have in my game and ready is Thundurus right now

@Hipoke

Did you go to Regionals last year?

Yus, I got second last year in juniors. Also, I have well iv bred and ev trained clones of Mienshao and Hydreigon. Interested?

I can't wait for Newark guys, only three weeks away! :D Thankfully i only have three more 'mons to finish eving and i should be ready to go come June 18th. I have a question for all of you guys going to Newark, can you guys post something or some way i can recognize you or something of that sort, I've been planing to do a video of the event in the case i get knocked out in the earlier rounds( i pray to the hax arceus i don't though) and i'll probably get to do it even if i don't lose early, as I'm gonna be there really early, since a group of my friends are coming with me so they can compete in seniors, anyways as i was saying, i would like to include as many of you as possible in the video so somehow i think we should organize a way to meet up so i can take a picture or interview or something of that sort. Thanks in advance if you put in effort to be in my video as it's something i have wanted to do in the past for the VGC's but haven't gotten a chance to. Anyways good luck to everyone competing and team building in the coming weeks. And to everyone competing in Newark Master's, get ready because ATR is in it to win it!

If seniors is still going on during Masters for some reason, I'll be there in a green Puma shirt.

Well, found out my Thundurus was hacked yesterday, so my friend gave me his.

I have 2 out of 5 pokemon ready and 16 more days to go.

Lets do this!!!

I found out that I may be able to go to D.C! I'll PM you Red a couple of days before the tourney to say what I'll be wearing. I'm in seniors so good luck to everyone else!:D

I am going to the D.C. one and in masters. My team is all done. I just have to help my sister's team now.

Darkvoid57 said:
If seniors is still going on during Masters for some reason, I'll be there in a green Puma shirt.

Well, found out my Thundurus was hacked yesterday, so my friend gave me his.

I have 2 out of 5 pokemon ready and 16 more days to go.

Lets do this!!!

Hmm, who would that friend happen to be? (lol it's meh, i'm so awesome)

Birmingham, United Kingdom tomorrow.

Finished my team and ready as I'll ever be.

Wish me luck :p.

Pokeplayer44 said:
99% sure I'll be in ATL. Guessing Pokemaster563 said that already since my name was on the list. Does anyone have any idea how early you'll need to get there since the registration is finally fair to those who get there early enough? And I'm using a Sandstorm team, just because I want to.:p

Can someone please answer this question? Were heading to atlanta from about 30 miles north of nashville and don't wanna get there and not be able to get in. I really really need an answer from someone who has went.

Well let's see, your 15, but born in 1996. Seniors division. The line opens at 8 AM, but closes at 8:30 AM...that means you have to be on the line before 8:30. 30 miles...going about 60 mph it would take about 30 minutes...traffic...highways...sidestreets...try to leave at about 7:00. Saturday mornings can be pretty busy.

Back