VGC Training/Discussion Thread

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Welcome to the VGC training/discussion thread.

Here is the place to ask questions/discuss the VGC events, which your going to and other things revolving around the VGC.

Here is the list of dates and locations for upcoming events;

2011 Pokémon Video Game Championship Series: U.S. Dates and Locations

VGC US Nationals, Indianapolis, Indiana

Possibly attending: The Power of Three

Judging- DragonExpert

2011 Pokémon World Championships

August 12th–14th, San Diego, CA — Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Last Chance Qualifier for the 2011 Pokémon World Championships will be held August 12th at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront.

Past events:

May 14th, Seattle, WA — Washington State Convention Center, Hall 4B

May 21st, San Jose, CA — San Jose Convention Center, Exhibit Hall 2

May 28th, Dallas, TX — Arlington Convention Center, Grand Hall

June 4th, Atlanta, GA — Gwinnett Center, Hall A and B

Attending: GHJamesGH (Masters), Porygon-X (Masters), pokemaster563 (Seniors), pokeplayer44 (Seniors), DavuhSaurusX (Masters)

June 4th, Birmingham, United Kingdom — National Exhibition Centre, Hall 8

Probably attending: kazzar (Masters)

Possibly attending: paddy185, ruggercaz

Attending: dragon9

June 11th, Washington, D.C. — Dulles Expo Center, South Hall

Attending: TheFleeee (Senior), Rivallz (Seniors), eevee (Masters), Shadowwiidragon (Masters), superpokemon67 (Seniors)

June 18th, Newark, NJ — Meadowlands Exposition Center

Those attending; DarkVoid57 (Seniors), SuperPokemon67 (Seniors), AceTrainerRed (Masters), Black_Zekrom22 (Masters), Rivallz (Seniors), hipoke (Seniors), crystaltheumbreon, slickmario (Masters)

2011 Pokémon Video Game National Championships: European Dates and Locations

June 11th, Rome, Italy — Fiera Roma, Hall 12, Ingresso Nord

June 18th, Madrid, Spain — IFEMA, Hall 1, Feria de Madrid

June 25th, Paris, France — Espace Grande Arche, Parvis de La Défense

July 2nd , Cologne, Germany — EXPO XXI Köln GmbH, Gladbacher Wall 5

At all European National locations, Junior and Senior Division lines open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 8:30 a.m. The Masters Division line opens at 12:30 p.m. and closes at 1:00 p.m.

I will be going to the Newark,NJ one, in the Seniors Division.
If you post that you're going to any of these events, I will update the list

Im going to the VGC in Washington DC as a senior, I dont really have a strategy but Imma just go and have fun

Unless something really weird happens, I should be part of the VGC Staff at Nationals. I don't know if I'll be able to afford to go to Worlds so I didn't apply for that yet.

I'm hopefully going to the one in Birmingham, most likely using a Rain Dance team. Though I hate the fact you can't have two of the same item, I can't think of a good item for Jellicent, since Lefties are taken.

Well if you feel like going to a Regional, I guess Texas would probably be the closest. You may wish to play the day before Nationals since there is a qualifier. It is a lot closer than going to a Regional.

Well I live up in Arizona but if I go to California during that week like I should then I can make the San Jose qualifier if not then best of luck to everyone else. I don't know what exact team I'll play but oh well point is to have some fun.

I'm going to the one in Georgia. :D I'll be a Master.

James, I'll see if I can find you. I met you at one of the cities down here, but you forgot about me. :p

I'm not going to Atlanta. I actually wasn't going to go because of travel, but I actually have something planned that week. XD

Also, I'd really rather hear what the metagame is like after it's over, then build my team off that for next year.

I am planning on going to the Birmingham one if I can in the Masters Division(as I was born in '93)

I'll be in Newark in seniors. I made a sandstorm team, but I'm not happy with it anymore. I,ll be making a new one. See you there Darkvoid!:D

ruggercaz said:
Its a long shot, but I hope i can go to Birmingham.

Same as me. who knows, maybe we'll both go and end up in the final battle together, assuming we both go in the masters division. which I am

ok, if I have a legit team, and a couple of the pokes are Foreign(NON-UK), would I be able to use them??

To my knowledge, you would. There aren't any rules against it, and I would think that P!P would support using them. I can't confirm this, though.

I'm not going to the champion ships and i never have been to one its not that im bad its that they are too far and my parents would never let me go but i have a question
How would they know if your pokemon is legit or not?

Back