[VGC] Please help want to build politoed electric team

SheNinja said:
Not a chart but here's this (B2W2) and this (BW).

Thank you very much SheNinja you have been a ton of help. Before I start grinding my team how do the VGC tournaments work? Because I come from the card game and there are like battle roads states regionals nationals and worlds does it work the same for the VGC.

I haven't been to one, but first you register and give them your game card. They check the Pokemon in your battle box to see if they are acceptable. then they lock the battle box so it cant be changed. then you start battling and do the rounds after that. 15 minute rds.

SheNinja said:
I haven't been to one, but first you register and give them your game card. They check the Pokemon in your battle box to see if they are acceptable. then they lock the battle box so it cant be changed. then you start battling and do the rounds after that. 15 minute rds.
Yeah I haven't been to one either but I've watched plenty of videos, read plenty of things. Basically it's the same season schedule as the TCG. SheNinja is absolutely right, and by "acceptable" it makes sure you don't break any clauses (see NuggetBridge). Right now, your team does not, but just make sure that you don't give the same item to two pokemon. If you know as much as that, then the ticky tacky stuff like when to get lunch is all taken care of by the event you go to.

I would also toy around with Manectric with Lightningrod and a Choice Scarf as the other lead. The ability gives Politoed safety from it's more used weakness. Make the set like this.

Manectric @Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
Ability: Lighningrod
EVs: 252SpAtk/252Spd/4HP

~Thunder
~Overheat (for when sun is out so you have a backup power move)
~Hidden Power (Grass)
~Switcheroo

Hope I helped! :D

Joeypals!! said:
I would also toy around with Manectric with Lightningrod and a Choice Scarf as the other lead. The ability gives Politoed safety from it's more used weakness. Make the set like this.

Manectric @Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
Ability: Lighningrod
EVs: 252SpAtk/252Spd/4HP

~Thunder
~Overheat (for when sun is out so you have a backup power move)
~Hidden Power (Grass)
~switcharoo

I'll work on a Manectric also and play around with my team. Back to my other question tho about tournaments does anyone know if you have to play in "X" amount of tournaments to play in nationals like the tcg

You can always participate in online tournaments on the Global Link. Registration opened today. The rules this time appear to be the standard VGC rules. The top 128 also appear to get Championship points it looks like also.

You can also try testing your team on the random battle finder. They have a standard lv. 50 doubles format that's good for testing teams on.

Back