VGC - A Fun and Annoying Team

Freezing Blizzard

Aspiring Trainer
So, I am one of those few people whom actually take delight in the art of making my opponents hate me. In the Pokemon world, that means that I like "stall" teams. Here are some ideas that I had, and I would love some feedback. It is a sandstorm / trick room team, but focuses on annoying the crap out of opponents. Doesn't mean it'll work....

Carbink @ Impish
Item: ?
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Ability: Clear Body
-Explosion / Stone Edge
-Trick Room
-Sandstorm
-Stealth Rock
Get in there, set stuff up, then die. That is the basic idea. Explosion / Stone Edge is there so it isn't Taunt fodder.

Umbreon @ Relaxed
Item: ?
252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Ability: Synchronize
-Moonlight / Wish / Protect
-Toxic
-Payback
-Double Team / Taunt / Substitute
This is my Annoyingtoxicdoubleteamsetterupinator. This is not for most competitions and tournaments, as Double Team is banned. That's why you could use Taunt or Substitute as a substitute. Moonlight / Wish is there to be annoying and to help with Sub. Toxic is there to be Toxic.

Shuckle @ Impish
Item: Smooth Rock / Focus Sash
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Ability: Contrary
-Sandstorm
-Shell Smash
-Power Swap
-Rest
This is my fun Pokemon. Shell Smash + Contrary + Power Swap = Mass Amusement. Its based on my theory S+C+P=MA. What that means, the world may never know. Sandstorm is for the theme of the team, Rest is for recovery on that pathetic HP, and Stealth Rocks is there to set up a hazard.

Klefiki @ Bold
Item: Red Card
252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpDef
Ability: Prankster
-Draining Kiss
-Thunder Wave
-Spikes
-Foul Play
Thunder Wave makes people annoyed, and so does Spikes, Toxic, and Draining Kiss. Is it annoying? Yes. Is is a logical Pokemon to use on a team for anything but being annoying? In my opinion, no. Nevertheless, it was either this or Sableye.

Adamant Kangaskhan @ Mega Stone
252Atk / 252Spd / 4 HP
-Power-Up-Punch
-Fake-Out/Return
-Crunch
-Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Relaxed
Item: Weakness Policy
Ability: Iron Barbs
252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 Atk
-Gyro Ball
-Leech Seed / Spikes / Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed / Spikes / Stealth Rock
-Power Whip / Protect

Reuniclus @ Quiet
Item: Life Orb
252 SpAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Ability: Magic Guard
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Trick Room
-Protect
This is the think that has NOTHING to to with stalling the foe out of their minds. It is there to set up TR, then kill people.... The end.

Aegislash @ Impish
Item: Leftovers
252 Atk / 126 Def / 126 SpDef / 4 HP OR 252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 HP
Ability: Stance Change
-King's Shield
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head
-Substitute / Double Team
This would be my alternate to Reuniclus. It can be annoying with King's Shield, which is basically the same thing as protect, Swords Dance makes it a terror once powered up, and Substitute helps with it becoming untouchable. Double Team is there for the same reason.

RE: VGC - Stall team XY 2014

I could help but noticed you put this:
Freezing Blizzard said:
This is not for most competitions and tournaments, as Double Team is banned.
In VCG Double Team is legal! It is only on Smogon that it isnt legal. Saying this you can use Double Team to annoy people ever game!

The firt thing I noticed, is the fact there is 8 pokemon. So I am guessing you don't know what to use and what not to. Here is what I think:
M-Kangaskhan - Great sweeper and can be really anoying when set up correctly and succesfully.
Adamant Kangaskhan @ Mega Stone
252Atk / 252SpAtk / 4Speed
-Power-Up-Punch
-Fake-Out/Return
-Crunch/Sucker Punch
-Earthquake
Fake Out or Return, depends what you want, but Return would be powerful. Crunh and Sucker Punh have the same power and accuracy, but Sucker Punch has priority and doesn't always hit. Your choice.

Reuniclus - Because you need it for the TR. Also, instead of Protect I recommend Recover to heal off Life Orb damage

Skarmory - Great defences and good attack
Brave Skarmory @ Leftovers
252Def / 252SpDef / 4Atk
-Protect/ Stealth Rocks
-Steel Wing
-Iron Defence
-Roost
Never really made a stall Skarmory but this is what I came up with.

Klefki - Because it's soo much fun to use. Give it Red Card. Spikes over Toxic because Thunder Wave is good enough.

Shuckle - You need it for Sandstorm. Give it Focus Sash or Smooth Rock. SS over SR.

Umbreon - Wish (for Wish passing) Toxic Taunt and Substitute. Completely destroys pokemon that need to set up to do anything. Take of te 4 Evs on Ak and put it on Hp. Give it a Sitrus Berry.

Hope I helped!

analyze_
1) This team is not annoying since it has no chance at winning.
2) You can't use Skarmory in VGC14.
3) @UltimateInferno: Earthquake on Kanghaskan is horrible in doubles since it only hits once. Also, you give the choice of Return. Is that a joke? The strong STAB move is a must. Also, if you play Kanghaskan, you might consider (should probably be) playing Double Edge (BP 180) instead of Return (BP 153) for raw power.
4) Such a stall team doesn't work in VGC where both opponents can attack one of your Pokémon at once.
5) Mentioning "stall" in VGC but not playing Lightscreen + Reflect + Safeguard and also Protect on (almost) every Pokémon is a joke.
6) You will use 4 Pokémon per battle, two on the field. Stealth Rock and Spikes are pretty useless in VGC. (= Do not use them.)
7) Something to think about: Why do you need to hit first if your team is supposed to be able to stall anyway (Trick Room)?

_rethink
8] Forget this whole team.
9] You can make a bulky team, but not a team like this.
10] To get you started, I will give you two team member skeletons and a few tips:
Meowstic (M) (Prankster) - Calm 252 HP/Sp.Def @Leftovers/Sitrus Berry - Safeguard - Light Screen - Relect/Charm - Thunderwave/Swagger
Goodra (Gooey) - Modest 252 HP/Sp.Atk @Assault Vest - Dragon Pulse - Flamethrower - Thunderbolt - Focus Blast/Ice Beam
-1- Consider Initimidating Pokémon & Will-O-Wisp.
-2- You need offense or your opponent will just set up on you and sweep you.
-3- "Stall" in VGC works by nerfing your opponent and sweeping them, not upping your Defenses and doing no damage. They will critical hit. Critical hits ignore all of your boosts.

Teal said:
analyze_
1) This team is not annoying since it has no chance at winning.
2) You can't use Skarmory in VGC14.
3) @UltimateInferno: Earthquake on Kanghaskan is horrible in doubles since it only hits once. Also, you give the choice of Return. Is that a joke? The strong STAB move is a must. Also, if you play Kanghaskan, you might consider (should probably be) playing Double Edge (BP 180) instead of Return (BP 153) for raw power.
4) Such a stall team doesn't work in VGC where both opponents can attack one of your Pokémon at once.
5) Mentioning "stall" in VGC but not playing Lightscreen + Reflect + Safeguard and also Protect on (almost) every Pokémon is a joke.
6) You will use 4 Pokémon per battle, two on the field. Stealth Rock and Spikes are pretty useless in VGC. (= Do not use them.)
7) Something to think about: Why do you need to hit first if your team is supposed to be able to stall anyway (Trick Room)?

_rethink
8] Forget this whole team.
9] You can make a bulky team, but not a team like this.
10] To get you started, I will give you two team member skeletons and a few tips:
Meowstic (M) (Prankster) - Calm 252 HP/Sp.Def @Leftovers/Sitrus Berry - Safeguard - Light Screen - Relect/Charm - Thunderwave/Swagger
Goodra (Gooey) - Modest 252 HP/Sp.Atk @Assault Vest - Dragon Pulse - Flamethrower - Thunderbolt - Focus Blast/Ice Beam
-1- Consider Initimidating Pokémon & Will-O-Wisp.
-2- You need offense or your opponent will just set up on you and sweep you.
-3- "Stall" in VGC works by nerfing your opponent and sweeping them, not upping your Defenses and doing no damage. They will critical hit. Critical hits ignore all of your boosts.

(1 This is a fun team only. I don't care too much about winning 100%
(2 Yes you can.
(3 Kangaskhan I'm not sure of, so I will keep your opinion here.
(4 True, but that depends on the Pokemon they attack.
(5 Not really.
(6 They are some of the most annoying hazards in the game. I know how to use them.
(7 It is almost always a good idea to hit first.
(8 No. I really like this team idea.
(9 Yes I can.
(10 ...

(Yes you can use Skarmory in theory but it is not near as viable as you are used to.)
But, if you want to win 1% of the time, please feel free to ignore my free but good advice. It only cost my time.

Teal said:
(Yes you can use Skarmory in theory but it is not near as viable as you are used to.)
But, if you want to win 1% of the time, please feel free to ignore my free but good advice. It only cost my time.

I never said any of you point were totally invalid. I just disagree with the way you said them, and parts of them. I respect that you have their own opinion on the subject, but downright saying it is a horrible idea is not something I would like. If you absolutely don't like the team, then don't comment. I'm not saying your points are invalid, because the majority of them are not. I would rather us be constructive than sending each other bad tones.

I have never really made a stall team so it was a good try at least, and I just picked the poke's I think he should use.
On Kangaskhan I gave him te choice of return because Fake-Out could be really helpful as it's a stab+1.5x due to parental bond, and when he is like seting up with a Poke, Kangaskhan could come in and use Fake Out on somethig that could taunt or kill a very useful poke. But I do know that the suggestion I gave for Skarmory could have some flaws, as well as other things, but hey, it's mainly opinion base and I am just trying to help.

Back