VGC 2011 team

SuperSeaking

King of the sea
First of all, I would like to point out that this team is completely competitive. Its not in-game. I also read all the rules posted on this thread. Im saying this because me and one of the moderators had some kind of misunderstanding, I think.

Anyway, if I go to the VGC, this is the team I might use.

Stunfisk (Leftovers, Static)
Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
EVs: 255 in Attack, 255 in Defense

-Curse
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Rest

Its pretty simple to understand. It can set up with Curse, and attack with Earthquake. If Earthquake wont work for whatever reason, then Ill have it use Stone Edge. Rest is there to recover damage. Its weakness to Water-type attacks is helped by Maractus's Storm Drain. Its weakness to Earthquake is helped by the fact the Earthquake is weakened in double battles. All in all, a sturdy Pokemon. Static also may hurt physical attackers.

Seismitoad (Damp Rock, Swift Swim)
Quirky (+Nothing, -Nothing)
EVs: 255 in Speed, 127 in Attack and 128 in Sp. Attack

-Earthquake
-Hydro Pump
-Sludge Bomb
-Rain Dance

This guy is my teams only mixed attacker. It can hit hard with Hydro Pump, and hit both foes with Earthquake. Rain Dance makes it very fast, and also powers up Hydro Pump. Sludge Bomb is for Grass-types. Rain Dance also helps Accelgor, since the Bug has Hydration. Rain Dance is also making me consider adding another Water-type to the team. Suggestions for a second Water-type?

Accelgor (Focus Sash, Hydration)
Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
EVs: 255 in Speed and 255 in Sp. Attack

-Bug Buzz
-Focus Blast
-Giga Drain
-Me First

The fastest member on my team, not counting Rain Dance Seismitoad. With Focus Sash, this thing can actually take a hit. Bug Buzz is for STAB, Giga Drain is for hitting Waters, Rocks, etc. Focus Blast is mainly for Steels, and if Im feeling lucky, Normals. Me First is for Special Attacking Ghost-types, and possibly other things. Hydration takes advantage of Rain Dance, so it cant get paralyzed.

Maractus (???, Storm Drain)
Bashful (+Nothing, -Nothing)
EVs: 255 in Sp. Attack and 255 in Sp. Defense

-Giga Drain
-Spikes
-Sucker Punch
-Cotton Guard

This things movepool is shallow, so the moveset is...iffy. However, Storm Drain lets it defend members of my team which are weak to Water-type attacks. It can also do a variety of things. It can hit hard with Giga Drain, and hit quickly with Sucker Punch. It can tank with Cotton Guard and Giga Drain. Spikes is if I want to set up. The Sp. Defense EVs allow it to take Ice Beams from Water-types. I dont really now what the item should be.

Archeops (Weak Knees [Forget English name]), Sitrus Berry)
Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
EVs: 255 in attack and 255 in Speed

-Stone Edge
-Acrobatics
-U-turn
-Endeavor

Archeops ability means that when its in the yellow zone, its attack is halved. However, Sitrus Berry helps prevent this. After eating its berry, Acrobatics is also powered up. Stone Edge is for STAB and U-turn is for getting the hell out of there. Endevour is in-case the berry dosnt get it back into the green, allowing it to still do some damage. Maractus's Storm Drain helps prevent it from getting hit from Water attacks. Also, its Flying type allows other members to use Earthquake.

Hydreigon (Levitate, White Herb)
Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
EVs: 255 in Sp. Attack and 255 in Speed

-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Reflect

The strongest member of my team. It hits very hard with Draco Meteor, and White Herb gets rid of the stat drop. Dark Pulse is for STAB, and Fire Blast is for Steel-types. Even in the Rain, Fire Blast hits Ferrothorn hard. Reflect is there to help against physical attacks. Levitate also protects it from my own teams Earthquake.

I really dont have any huge strategy. If I had another Water-type or something, I could claim that Rain Dance is a strategy. I guess that Storm Drain is useful for protecting my team from Water-attacks. Suggestions?

I would drop stunfisk for krookodile. Basicly the same thing, but krook has better stats and can bulk up rather than curse. Btw, weak knee's english name is defeatist. I would also drop endeavor for thrash or dragon claw. Archeops can't take a hit well enough for endeavor to work.

Firstly, you don't need 255 in one stat, you get the same stats with 252, so you can invest a bit in another stat (like HP). It actually does make a difference!! :) Also, abilities like Bashful and Quirky aren't the best. I know you can't change them, but its best to use a different nature, like Hasty on Seismitoad andHasty on Maractus as well.

Yeah, I know about the 252 EV thing. I just find it a lot easier to not keep track of how much stuff I kill. Its less work that way.

I have to agree with you on the nature thing. I dont actually have Maractus yet, so I could always give it a different nature.

And Krookidile....Ill consider it.

There are some things that I think you could change. First of all Storm Drain is an unreleased DW ability, meaning you can't use it. I also reccomend Landorus over Stunfisk. It's the same think as Krookodile, except faster and stronger, with an Earthquake immunity for Siesmitoad. You already have a rock move with Stone Edge, so I also reccomend switching Archeops with Tornadus/Thundorus. Give it your Damp Rock and presto! You have priority 8 turn Rain Dance (due to Prankster), plus 100% Accruate Thunder/Hurracane! Reflect should be replaced with Protect on Hydriegon. That will let your partner use Surf without hitting you. You should give Siesmitoad a Life Orb, so it can Hit harder, and give Rain Dance to Accelgor over Giga Drain, which you already have on Maractus. Hope I helped!:D

Meh. I dont like using ledgends.

Protect on Hydreigon is an option. And Life Orb might just happen.

Storm Drain isnt allowed? Damn it. Looks like I need a replacement. Any suggestions?

I've seen Water Absorb Jellicent used often. Give it a Water Gem And it's even stronger. Water Spout is it's main move, so I'd use that. Hydriegon and Siesmitoad can heal it with Surf.
Quick edit: If you want it to be more like Storm Drain, forget Water Gem and try a Bulb. It's basically the same thing as Storm Drain.

I love Jellicent, so I may just give it a try. I was also considering Amoongus, Lilligant, Leavanny, and Busculin.

Back