Strategy VGC 18 Ideas

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
I'm trying to get the ball rolling for some good VGC 18 team ideas, but I don't really know the best place to start, so I thought I'd ask you guys for some suggestions so I can put something strong together.

Mostly I'm interested in:
  • Based on recent regional tournament trends as well as Smogon VGC usage stats, what are the top threats? Why are they good? What's the best counterplay?
  • I prefer being a little unorthodox so that a savvy opponent can't immediately guess my strategy. Things like underused Pokémon, slightly unique strategies (Vacuum Wave Kartana to finish off sashes, etc.), and the like that can match top threats.
  • The only thing I know for sure is I want a strong Imprison + Protect user in order to disrupt opposing Protect. Other than that, I'm completely open to suggestions with no Pokémon bias.
  • Please post full sets and why they work, and suggest good teammates and why they work with that set.
  • You don't have to give me the gory details; just give me a few top threats/strats and a sentence explaining its effectiveness.

Back