• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Vespiquen/Vileplume (Best deck in Exp. Obv.)

Yo guys! This is my Vespiquen/Vileplume deck! Sadly Forest of Giant Plants is BANNED! so this deck won't be much good afterward. I don't really need help wih the list, but I do want some feedback or suggestions if you have any. Before I add the list, here are somethings I'm considering:

- I want to add a Revitalizer somwhere but I'm already comfortable with the list and can get the lock turn 1 about 97% of the time

- I kinda want to add a Red Card so my opponent draw all Item cards and hopefully won't have anything so I can win easily (Not that this deck does not won easily lol)

- A single Muscle/Choice Band would help when I prize a lot of 'Mons, since I can hit 180+ first turn

Now the list:

'Mons: 28

~ Combee x4
~ Vespiquen x4
~ Oddish x4
~ Gloom x4
~ Vileplume x3
~ Unown x4
~ Toxicroak EX x1
- Bunnelby (PRC) x1
- Shaymin EX x3

Trainers: 28

~ Professor Sycamore x2
~ Lysandre x1
~ AZ x1
~ Ultra Ball x3
~ Computer Search x1
~ Level Ball x2
~ Trainers' Mail x4
~ Acro Bike x4
~ Battle Compressor x4
~ Float Stone x2
~ Forest of Giant Plants x4
Energy: 4

~ DCE x4

Wow! This deck is fast, deadly and can take autowins most of the time. It is the perfect ladder deck and the best tournament deck. In case any of you were wondering here is my win to loss ratio, 399/439, which I think isn't accurate because I'm sure i've played more games. Also if this deck bricks, which happens more often than you might think, it will most likely lose.

Anyway! Thats the deck. I hope I can some feedback for all you people!

399/ 439

Last edited:
My bad....they might not BUY into the deck with the banning of FOGP....ie. forest of giant plants

You mentioned getting the turn one lock off, but you don't have any way to get Vileplume in play first turn without Forest of Giant Plants. If you're going to play it without the Stadium, you should at least play Rare Candy (maybe like two) so you can at least get Vileplume out turn two.

Also I'd change Battle Compressor to 3. The problem I had playing this deck back in XY-On was having a hand full of Battle Compressor early on, but no Oddish in play and I didn't really have anything I wanted to discard. Playing 3, you're still bound to see them at some point first turn with all the Shaymins. And that gives you an extra spot to work with.

Did I forget Forest?! UGHHH!

Rare Candy?! Is this a joke?! I mean, it was good with Vileplume from the Rocket era, and the Undaunted one, but now we have Forest.

As for compressors, I really like the consistency of them, prizing one can really hurt, because its so hard to hot over 130 with only three. But if I were to take one out, I'd probably toss in the Revitaliser I mentioned.

Did I forget Forest?! UGHHH!

Rare Candy?! Is this a joke?! I mean, it was good with Vileplume from the Rocket era, and the Undaunted one, but now we have Forest.

As for compressors, I really like the consistency of them, prizing one can really hurt, because its so hard to hot over 130 with only three. But if I were to take one out, I'd probably toss in the Revitaliser I mentioned.
So im confused, you listed a deck around a card that is banned from competitive play Aug 18th? This deck is great for the next 2 weeks,then it will be slow and outclassed, especially in expanded. Without having the ability to first turn Vileplume on bench and vespiqueen you cannot build up quick enough....but again congrats on your build that will be great in all the premier events you enter the next 2 weeks.

Only if you're insistent on playing a Stage 2 Grass type without Forest of Giant Plants (cuz ban) isn't a joke. I mean it's better than Oddish --> Gloom --> Vileplume.
I know about the ban, and i didnt mention that I was playing this deck after the 18th, because thatbshould have been obvious.

Also, I've had this deck for a while about 2 years.

I know about the ban, and i didnt mention that I was playing this deck after the 18th, because thatbshould have been obvious.

Well its not obvious why u'd make a thread this close to it being obsolete....especially if you have had it for 2 years.

People have been known to do dumber things than that. Like play Lugia EX and Garbodor in the same deck. You still could technically play it without Forest of Giant Plants, it just wouldn't be as good. One because you can't Item lock turn one going first, but also the evolutions will definitely clunk up your hand if you can't just play them down.

Funny you should mention that because I just got back into the game after 2 years myself, and this was the last deck I played before I quit. RIP me.

Look dude, you wanted feedback and people are giving it feedback. But I would like to first and foremost, that TCGO stats don't matter. How do I know what matchups you faced? For all I know, you could be playing players at the bottom of the latter. I can't stress this enough, ignore PTCGO stats and think about another way to interpret your wins. Also, Toxicroak EX was only used to do damage to Aegislash EX which no one plays anymore, so that's a cuttable card. 4 Shaymin is really what made this deck good, since it was easy discard fodder and drew you more cards to set up with less hassle. And starting with it was no big deal because Vileplume lock makes it unlikely for Shaymin to be KO'd before you Sky Return. 4 Sycamore is overkill, since like I said, Shaymin draws you more cards, and 4 Sycamore will make you come closer to decking out faster than you already are. Revitalizer is important to ALL Vileplume deck in expanded, since the Compressor/ Revitalizer engine is totally busted, or at least, it was before FOGP ban. I fail to see the point of AZ unless you play more than 2, so just cut it for a 3rd Float Stone since you want those when you discard you're only AZ with Sycamore. 4 Ultra Ball is an absolute necessity in Vileplume, I really don't need to explain why. This is personal preference, but I don't know if I' play the 4th Gloom. It can potentially clog your hand if you draw into multiple copies, and the only reason people played 4 Oddish was because it was 1 of your 2 preferable starters. I don't know what you would cut it for, maybe a Mew EX or something, but that costs 2 prizes, has to pay energy to retreat and isn't a grass type. But yeah, here's the summary of what I said:

-1 Toxicroak EX
-1 Sycamore
-1 AZ

+1 Shaymin-EX
+1 Float Stone
+1 Ultra Ball

I don't know what to cut for the 2 Revitalizer, that could be where dropping he 4th Gloom comes in, and maybe even a Level Ball. IDK.

Back