• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Vespiquen / Eeveelutions / Bronzong

GrimDarkLul

Aspiring Trainer
I am running this list...

Pokemon: 27
  • 4 Combee
  • 4 Vespiquen
  • 4 Unown
  • 3 Eevee
  • 3 Shaymin
  • 2 Flareon
  • 2 Bronzor
  • 2 Bronzong
  • 1 Jolteon
  • 1 Spinarak
  • 1 Araidos
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 26
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Profesor Birch's Observations
Energy: 7
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 3 Metal Energy
Strategy:

Anyways my problem is RARELY win with this deck, I don't know what I am doing wrong, if I am unlucky, or if it is just a bad list. I have never seen a video with thorough explanations on good/bad plays. Yet when I do see a video it's like EZ mode. Then when I do it, Lysandre or just some shenanigan that says no.

These are the thoughts going through my head as if I were going to play your list myself.

Well first I'm not going to waste my time with bronzong when I could just black smith energy onto vespiquen thanks to flareon. I also don't like ultra ball in here, just fan club and level balls, everything you need is basic or under 90 HP, trainers mail could be faded town or broken vine space for turn 1 vespquen options, and slap in a couple of entei with a sacred ash or super rod, depending on how comfortable you feel with taking stuff out of the discard. If your uncomfortable on how or what to play, test it out. It definitely has a learning curve to it.

I recently made a Flareon/Vespiquen list and I'm currently testing it to see how it fairs against lists like night march and turbotina. So far it's been a lot of fun, and it's a great budget deck (sans Shaymin-EX) that can duke it out with the top decks. I think I may be able to help a bit with your situation, and help you get some wins.

I have to agree with Yo-yos on the fact that having the 2-2 bronzor/bronzongs are a waste of space. Having blacksmith is way batter, and I think you should switch to that method of energy gain. When you battle compressor don't be afraid to put supporters in there. On my first or second play I often BC a blacksmith and a teammates, that's what those VS seekers are there for :).

I will however disagree on Yo-yos point about ultra balls. In my opinion they are crucial to the deck. Other than ultra balls, battle compressors and sycamores are the only means to discarding cards, and there is so much to discard, both pokemon and trainers alike, that having 4 is a staple in this deck. for instance say turn one you have 5 cards in hand (2 basic starting on the field) and you draw a card. That's six. now you play a card or two, then ultra ball your Lysandre and your Sycamore (or whatever) to get your Shaymin-EX. now when you play Shaymin-EX you only have 2 maybe three cards in hand and get to draw up to 6. On top of that you've yet to play a supporter card, and are now in a huge position because you ultra ball'd 2 supporters and can VS seeker them at any time.

Your list looks solid over all. You've got a good 1-1 tech line with spinarak and araidos, Just take out the bronzor lines, put in an extra eevee/flareon, a blacksmith, change the metal energy to fire and you've got an extra space for another tech card :)

So if you're having trouble getting wins with this after the changes let me just say this; Make sure every turn you have you do as much as possible. Too often I see players sit on hands that they have playable cards in because they are afraid to get rid of them, and by that i mean playing cards like sycamore. Like I said before my turn one and two I try like hell to play ultra ball, shaymin, and sycamore, getting as many cards in my hand and in the discard pile as I can. this deck is fueled by discarding so do it A LOT! If in three turns you have over half your deck in the discard pile, chances are you're doing something right (btw turn 3 or sooner is when you want to have your board state set up; having a flareon/jolteon, vespiquen attacking with over 5 creatures in the discard, and having a plethora of supporters your discard pile that you can VS seeker at any given time) I hope this helps, keep up the hard work and go get some wins!

Back