• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Vespiqueen/Meganium

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone! I think Vespiqueen could be a good card if used properly. I tried to build something with Meganium and Decidueye GX in order to hit for significant numbers (mainly 130 and 180). It's just very clunky! Could you help me here?

Pokemon (22)
4 Vespiquen (LOT 32)
3 Chikorita (LOT 5)
3 Meganium (LOT 8)
4 Combee (LOT 31)
4 Rowlet (SM 9)
4 Decidueye-GX (SM 12)

Energy (7)
6 Grass Energy (SM 164)
1 Super Boost Energy Prism Star (UPR 136)

Supporter (13)
2 Cynthia (UPR 119)
3 Professor Elm's Lecture (LOT 188)
4 Guzma (BUS 115)
4 Lillie (SM 122)

Items (18)
3 Acro Bike (CLS 123)
4 Net Ball (LOT 187)
4 Ultra Ball (SM 135)
4 Rare Candy (SM 129)
3 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)

This is the sketch. I need at least two stadiums to counter Shrine and other stadiums: I was thinking about Life Forest and Champion's Festival. Then I'm a bit suspicious about the thick Meganium line. Maybe I should replave Acro Bike with some supporter drawer, but I'm not sure. The ball line can be too thick, too. And maybe three Rescue Stretcher are too many. It will be nice to found some room for a Max Potion: Decidueye would be pretty happy.

Michał Gicala

Aspiring Trainer
I would drop that Meganium line. Add Treecko (this one with Fiend a Friend) + Grovly (LOT). It will be easier for you to get Vesp oraz Deci. Maybe add 1 Sceptile as a counter to Ultras.

Summing up:
-3 Chikorit
-3 Meganium

+2 Treecko
+2 Grovly
+1 Sceptile

And now you will gain 1 spot for stadium. Best choice imo is Life Forrest.

With 2 Grovly on your bench you can also consider reducing amount of balls or changing them. Try replacing ultra balls. I would add 2 Timer Balls and 2 great balls. I am not a Net ball fan. I would drop all of them. You have 4 lillies, 2 Cynthias so you shouldn't have problems with lack of energies. This will create spots for max potion or another stadium.

Last edited:

Wolfe_XD

Metagross :)
drop the Mega/Deci. I've been testing pure sceptile/grovyle with Vesp, it works just as well. hitting 120 turn 2 is 100% possible with the grovyle speed. Also will make blacephalon a super easy matchup. if you want my list I'll post it. Also scep GX hits 130 so thats not a major issue.

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
I tried Vespiqueen with Groovyle, but it didn't convince me: if you could post your I will bebe very pleased :)

Wolfe_XD

Metagross :)
****** Vespiquen/Grovyle ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 2 Sceptile CES 10
* 4 Treecko LOT 20
* 4 Grovyle LOT 21
* 1 Sceptile-GX LOT 22
* 4 Combee LOT 31
* 4 Vespiquen LOT 32
* 1 Shaymin LOT 33

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 3 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Max Potion GRI 128
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 1 Life Forest ◇ LOT 180
* 4 Net Ball LOT 187
* 3 Professor Elm's Lecture LOT 188

##Energy - 8

* 8 Grass Energy SUM 164

Total Cards - 60

Here's what I built. The idea is to blast all your Pokémon out in the early turns and get sceptile-GX for the pesky 130 damage, kukui + choice band is a Lele knockout if you wanted to add shrine it'd be fine to hit 180 but then sceptile-GX would be less effective but.

To add shrine I'd
-1 Field blower
-1 Choice band
+2 Shrine

Choice Helmet is a consideration over band if you want survivability.

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
Isn't Lurantis promo better than Sceptile GX in order to kill 130 hp pokemon?
Thanks for the list, anyway! :)