Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Blastoise ex looks amazing, massive damage for basically no effort plus a useful ability? They are really pushing this set on all fronts.
I don´t think it is that good in the grand scheme of things. what is the purpouse of this card over something else? 280 damage from a stage 2 tank pokemon. not bad but not good either. would compare this to heatran vmax. you can build a functional deck. but it wont be that effective against the card pool we have, in difference with other, similar cards

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
venasaur could maybe be decent with lilligant vstar (2-2 line) combined with gardenia and arven to search out switches and rare candy

Nirvanna21

Mew.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I don´t think it is that good in the grand scheme of things. what is the purpouse of this card over something else? 280 damage from a stage 2 tank pokemon. not bad but not good either. would compare this to heatran vmax. you can build a functional deck. but it wont be that effective against the card pool we have, in difference with other, similar cards
280 is the magical number that hits a lot of VSTARs, Arceus, Giratina, Palkia, Goodra (if you boss it). The attack is cheap and the "downside" is extremely easy to circumvent, while Blastoise itself has a massive healthpool and an unnecessarily strong ability. It's main downside is weakness to Miraidon.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
With the format heavily slowing down (and also the fact that we still have a lot of decent Water support cards) setting up a Blastoise ex might be more feasible than we think. Base 280 damage with near-0 attack downside is pretty good, and if you adda Defiant Band (because you will definitely be behind in prize), it will hit up to 310 which nabs both Mew Vmax and Garde ex.

creg22

Aspiring Trainer
None of these exs are great but Charizard probably has the most potential due to the pogo zard, basin and armorouge.

Why would anyone play Blastoise when a much much faster, more efficient, limitless damage basic like chien pao is in the format.maybe it can be a 1-0-1 walling tech in that deck.

Venusaur is just bad, the designers continue to show their disdain for grass types.

PaisleyParks

A Story About Breaking a Curse
Blastoise with the Slowbro that lets you move damage counters? Oh these are going to be SLOW games lmao

Keeroh_

Aspiring Trainer
I love this Venusaur! With soothing bloom + leftovers + tsareena + slowbro we can heal 200 hp in a single turn. With 1 picnic basket you can heal 280 hp.

We also have kricketune right now, buffing his life to massive 380 hp. It will be almost impossible to 1HKO this beautiful thing.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Why would anyone play Blastoise when a much much faster, more efficient, limitless damage basic like chien pao is in the format.maybe it can be a 1-0-1 walling tech in that deck.
Chien-Pao takes a lot more resources to hit the amount Blastoise does. 5-6 energies is a bit of a tall order. Granted, setting up Blastoise itself is also a tall order, but once you get there the turtle is going to stick, while Chien-Pao is definitely getting counter-ko'd after swinging once.

Clam

Almost decent
Not fond of the ex cards for the 3; however, I am digging the starter and mid evolution cards... they are amazing!
Honestly, it's crazy that I actually found myself enjoying the design of Charmeleon for once in my life.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Venusaur ex - Fire still sucks atm, so good thing for a G mon with 340 HP with constant healing. Let that sink in that Path is in the format, which makes hinder Venusaur's tankness. 3-4
Charizard ex - we have GO Charizard that makes it need 2 energy attachment to do 330? I mean they're in the same evo line so... there's a possibility but, looping 330 is kinda problematic. The only thing we have is Magma Basin that only attaches 1 from the discard? I don't count Armarouge bcoz it's another evo line. I need to run less mons in my deck, ya know. 4 Geodudes
Blastoise ex - this makes me caught in an argument. I don't count it as a tech because getting it prized kinda screws you up. Although Irida being played as a 4-of in Water deck, because it is "consistent". So yeah, it has an atk that takes out VStars other than Goodra which always tanks with its attacks and Stage 1 exs. 3-4
Sneaky Arm - control decks still suck, let's be clear. But this could nice to distrupt their chance to turn their game into their favor. 4
Leftovers - glad its reprinted after 15 years. Expect errata soon. 3
Erika's Invite - this could drag Lumi and any come-into-play abilities or tech cards that they'll never use later especially some decks considered running Lost City now. 4-5