'Venusaur' and 'Blastoise VMAX Battle Box' in March!

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Interesting little package here! We already have V boxes; makes sense that VMAX boxes would have this little something extra! Who can turn down some good quality sleeves? Also, no XY packs to be seen (although Evolutions wouldn't have hurt at this stage, unless that would be reason for this box to be scalped)!

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Are there any ways to accelerate a lot of grass energy? Venusaur could be interesting if so, plus it can use buff padding to be a wall with that retreat cost and healing attack. Blastoise gets the usual Frosmoth support, and can accelerate itself albeit with a steep 3 water cost. 'Stoise could work, adequate damage with a little snipe power.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
That's not horrible as far as product standards go, nice promos, and the sleeves are a nice addition. It's a decent bonus to ease the likely disappointment of pulling nothing at all from abysmal pack rates.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Is venusaur going to be the card that finally breaks the electrode gx + counter energy combo in expanded?

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Wait a minute, they give us the VMAX without the V? I mean, we all know the Vs are in the V Battle decks and that these are essentially add-one to the aforementioned decks, but STILL!
... not that I’ll ever use these in a deck. Besides, I imagine the promos won’t cost too much, being promos. Unless Venusaur VMAX exceeds our expectations in Standard...

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Wait a minute, they give us the VMAX without the V? I mean, we all know the Vs are in the V Battle decks and that these are essentially add-one to the aforementioned decks, but STILL!
... not that I’ll ever use these in a deck. Besides, I imagine the promos won’t cost too much, being promos. Unless Venusaur VMAX exceeds our expectations in Standard...

Because in this case, the Vs are already included in a separate already-released box, or should I say, a theme deck lookalike...

They sure want to make sure there are no more than 1 easy no-pull-required V in the same block... Or do they?

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Are these ones the originals from Japan or are promos?

Their basic forms(Pokemon-V) came from the currently "Internat-slated" "Venusaur & Blastoise VMAX Starter Sets", and, unless I read it wrong, those forms came with their VMAX forms in Jap. Internat-slated means it is currently available in Japan, but will be released, if only under a different label, come February, as opposed to being permanently stuck in Japan as a Jap-exclusive product. But when such product arrives internationally, it will be stripped of its VMAX complements that will be put into this separate "VMAX Battle Box", and such "VMAX Battle Box" will arrive one month later...

^ Why did you take the VMAX out of that deck, Pokemon? Do we need to pay more money before you can give us both halves of the Venusaur VMAX and/or Blastoise VMAX line?

^ If so, then it's just like DLC in the VG... Half-baked unless you pay more than the listed price of the base product.

^ Only this is the TCG, NOT the VG...

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Their basic forms(Pokemon-V) came from the currently "Internat-slated" "Venusaur & Blastoise VMAX Starter Sets", and, unless I read it wrong, those forms came with their VMAX forms in Jap. Internat-slated means it is currently available in Japan, but will be released, if only under a different label, come February, as opposed to being permanently stuck in Japan as a Jap-exclusive product. But when such product arrives internationally, it will be stripped of its VMAX complements that will be put into this separate "VMAX Battle Box", and such "VMAX Battle Box" will arrive one month later...

^ Why did you take the VMAX out of that deck, Pokemon? Do we need to pay more money before you can give us both halves of the Venusaur VMAX and/or Blastoise VMAX line?

^ If so, then it's just like DLC in the VG... Half-baked unless you pay more than the listed price of the base product.

^ Only this is the TCG, NOT the VG...
Ok,so they're gonna release the V in the decks and the VMAX in the box,right?

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Ok,so they're gonna release the V in the decks and the VMAX in the box,right?

You are correct!

Ah, how one story that deep in the Pokebeach news archives is connected to this Beach article... And yet, some people forgot that article existed, and as a result, don't know where the other half will come from...

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I guess that's better than shoving them in packs.

Still super scummy though. A true mankey's paw.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
What on earth are you talking about, scummy?

They're selling a product at a fair price.

If you think ripping something from a deck and making it a big box product is fair then you are accepting a scummy business-practice.

These should have been in the V Decks

End of story.