Ruling Venomoth with Surge, Koga and Janine

JMT

Some Broke Weeaboo
If I we’re to fall behind on prizes and then use a Lt. Surge’s Strategy followed by a Koga’s Trap and a Janine, would this allow Venomoth-GX to do both the extra damage and ignore damage from basic Pokemon? It seems that it should work and it sounds like a fun deck to play.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
If I we’re to fall behind on prizes and then use a Lt. Surge’s Strategy followed by a Koga’s Trap and a Janine, would this allow Venomoth-GX to do both the extra damage and ignore damage from basic Pokemon? It seems that it should work and it sounds like a fun deck to play.

Yes, it should allow that. I don't know that I would recommend focusing on that aspect, though; but it would work that way.

The Venomoth deck does tend to be more of a 'control' / 'stall' deck, though, and those do often fall behind on prizes. The issue is getting all three supporters into your hand, which seems infrequent if you don't have a 'get cards into your hand' option - which is why Magical Ribbon Sylveon GX is so good for the Stall archetype.

Last edited: