• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded "Vengeance is Mine!" (Flareon/Team Magma's Aggron[???])

legolover322

Aspiring Trainer
Hello people of Pokèbeach! Today I am revisiting an old archetype for a themed tournament!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 28

* 1 Audino BCR 126
* 4 Eevee CEC 166
* 4 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Team Magma's Aggron DCR 14
* 4 Flareon PLF 12
* 2 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 1 Leafeon PLF 11
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 1 Mr. Mime PLF 47
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 27

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 2 Professor Juniper PLB 84
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

##Energy - 5

* 1 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Although this decklist is a fan favorite of those who have played the Expanded format for years, for those who are unaware of how the deck works, I will explain; dumpster as many Pokèmon as you possibly can, so that Flareon swings for big numbers with Vengeance. It's that simple!

So, what's up with the 4 copies of... Team Magma's Aggron????

The special part about this list, however, is that you can effectively run whatever you want for these 4 slots, provided that they are NOT Basic Pokèmon. These 4 slots are simply filler that you can painlessly dumpster in order to increase Flareon's damage output by 40 damage. So go crazy. 4 copies of your favorite Evolution? Heck yeah! 4 copies of M Camerupt-EX? Why not! 4 copies of Alolan Golem-GX? Go for it! 4 copies of miscellaneous BREAK Evolutions that you found at a flea market for a dollar? You got it! Ideally, you would like these slots to be as confusing as possible in order to divide the opponent's attention.

The rest of the deck is designed around dumpstering your Pokèmon as fast as possible. Compressor, Unown, Dedenne, and Exeggcute are all pretty standard in these sorts of "Revenge" lists. Audino strictly exists because I cannot flip a Heads to get out of a Status Condition to save my life. Parallel City, more often than not, is used in the late game to dumpster your own bench in order to boost your damage over the top and get rid of many 2-prize liabilities on your bench (Bye bye, Shaymin!). If attempting to whittle down your opponent's bench, just note that you will be dealing 20 less damage every turn due to the fact that Flareon is a Fire type! Everything else should be self-explanatory.

Unlike most Flareon lists, I do not run any Vespiquen in my list. This is because I am, ideally, constructing this deck for an Eeveeloution-centric format, in which I would not be allowed to let the Vespiquen attack. Although this means that the deck suffers in the sense that I lose out on a potential attacker, it's not too big of a deal, as the deck mainly relies on OHKOs of Basic EXes and GXes, and even most V-Pokèmon on Turn 2 or Turn 3.

Ideally, there are two changes I would like to make to the deck: more recovery for Flareon and a somewhat reliable Garbotoxin Garbodor line. Because I will likely be playing this in an Eeveeloution-centric format, I sense that a lot of people will be running the "Cheer" Eeveeloutions from Cosmic Eclipse; shutting these off could be potentially devastating!

I know this deck archetype has been powercrept (power-creeped?) to irrelevancy, but that doesn't mean that this archetype can't do well; cards like Battle Compressor, Unown, and Ultra Ball are all huge boons for this deck. Ideally, I would like to tweak this deck to more consistently hit 200 damage ASAP (as this is the HP of most of the GX-"Eeveeloutions"), while also setting up Garbodor.

What do you guys think? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Play 4 Jirachi! I'm playing Nightmarch with Vespiquen on the ladder. Playing a lot of Pokémon in the deck means it can be a little inconsistent, but if a lot of your consistency comes from support Pokémon, you can play more Pokémon without sacrificing too much consistency. I'm working my way up to 4 Unown, 4 Jirachi, 4 Shaymin, 1 Dedenne so Vespiquen hits like a truck. I might be pushing it with the number of Pokémon you can play in the deck, but one shotting ADP feels pretty great.

-4 Aggron
-2 Float Stone
-1 Teammates

+4 Jirachi
+2 Scoop Up Net (does Float Stone's job, but better since you can reuse Shaymin or discard Jirachi / Shaymin after you use it. That's easier for me to say because Vespiquen has free retreat.)
+1 Ranger

Might post my list later.

Play 4 Jirachi! I'm playing Nightmarch with Vespiquen on the ladder. Playing a lot of Pokémon in the deck means it can be a little inconsistent, but if a lot of your consistency comes from support Pokémon, you can play more Pokémon without sacrificing too much consistency. I'm working my way up to 4 Unown, 4 Jirachi, 4 Shaymin, 1 Dedenne so Vespiquen hits like a truck. I might be pushing it with the number of Pokémon you can play in the deck, but one shotting ADP feels pretty great.

-4 Aggron
-2 Float Stone
-1 Teammates

+4 Jirachi
+2 Scoop Up Net (does Float Stone's job, but better since you can reuse Shaymin or discard Jirachi / Shaymin after you use it. That's easier for me to say because Vespiquen has free retreat.)
+1 Ranger

Might post my list later.
Jirachi was an option that I haven't really considered, but I will say that it sounds like it migjt be worth a shot. The only reason why I'm slightly opposed to using Jirachi in Expanded is becuase, from what I've heard, the card is going to age like milk when compared to the likes of Shaymin and Dedenne. Additionally, I am a little skeptical about removing Float altogether, but, hey, I've been wrong before!

Also, "one shotting ADP"; hold. The. F*€&. Up. My deck, on average, barely scrapes the 200 damage mark, even AFTER the effects of Choice Band. I would LOVE to see your list so I can give it a spin!

Jirachi was an option that I haven't really considered, but I will say that it sounds like it migjt be worth a shot. The only reason why I'm slightly opposed to using Jirachi in Expanded is becuase, from what I've heard, the card is going to age like milk when compared to the likes of Shaymin and Dedenne. Additionally, I am a little skeptical about removing Float altogether, but, hey, I've been wrong before!
Maybe so, but Jirachi still has to be better than Aggron which does nothing (though I would totally flex and play all of my favorite BW secret rares: Dusknoir, Empoleon, Garchomp, Charizard.)

You could make the argument that you need Float Stone since your deck lacks a pivot, unlike Vespiquen. You might have trouble one shotting ADP and Mewtwo though, because I like to pick up Jirachi / Shaymins, and then not put them back down, just discard them.
Also, "one shotting ADP"; hold. The. F*€&. Up. My deck, on average, barely scrapes the 200 damage mark, even AFTER the effects of Choice Band. I would LOVE to see your list so I can give it a spin!
Go for it! I just posted it in the Deck Garage. It only happens late game when literally every other Pokemon is in the discard, and you don't pull it off every game, but it's pretty sweet when it does happen. Zacian V is resistant to grass, so I have to hit 250 sometimes, which is pretty high up there. No way you're pulling that off turn 1.

Back