• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard VeGen (2018 rotation)

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 18
Bulbasaur SHLx2
Ivysaur SHL x2
Venusaur SHL x2
Fomantis SUM x3
Lurantis-GX x1
Lurantis SMP 25 x2
Shining Genesect SHL x4
Tapu Lele-GX x2

Trainers - 30
Sycamore x4
N x4
Ultra Ball x4
Choice Band x3
Random Receiver x3
Field Blower x2
Rescue Stretcher x2
Aether Paradise Conservation Area x4
Guzma x2
Skyla x1
Brigette x1

Energy - 12
Grass x12

For those who don't read the front page very often

Shining Genesect – Grass – HP130
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Energy Reload
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may move a [G] Energy from 1 of your Pokemon to this Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Gaia Blaster: 50+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each [G] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Venusaur – Grass – HP160
Stage 2 – Evolves from Ivysaur

Ability: Lord of the Jungle
Each basic [G] Energy card attached to your Pokemon provides [G][G] Energy instead. You can’t use more than 1 Lord of the Jungle Ability each turn.

[G][G][C][C] Solar Beam: 90 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

The combination of Venusaur and Shining Genesect is very natural, with 2 grass energy and a Venusaur you hit a solid 130, 160 with band. Going to 3 energy takes you to 170. Choice Band and Lurantis Promo give you a few different paths to hitting numbers in the low 200 range from those 3 attachments.

APCA is a great stadium for Genesect at the very awkward number of 160 on a non-GX which places you right outside of OHKO range for a lot of new decks. I'd rather have FOGP to make the Venusaur line a little more consistent but it's gone with rotation and I don't see this deck being that great in expanded.

One issue I have is getting the balance of my Lurantis cards right, two evolution lines adds a bit of jank factor to this deck but I think both GX and promo contribute a lot to this list, Chloroscythe-GX is the best GX attack to partner with Venusaur's ability, you can hit OHKO on anything for 3 energy, and the ability to recover grass energy is important here. I almost feel I should go up to 4 Fomantis and 2 GX since that's my ideal starter.

Back