V3rdict's Sprites - lvl 1

v3rdict

Aspiring Breeder / TCG Competitor
Introduction:

I'm new to the community, but not Pokemon, of course! So when I found this tight-knit community I decided to jump right in. I've been in love with Pokemon since it first came out, and one aspect of the game that I seem to be getting into now is Sprite Customization. In addition, since I've played and RPed in MMOs for ages now, I've started to feel that my Pokemon character should have at least some kind of real profession or something more interesting than just "10 year old boy who never studied Pokemon at all until he went into the tall grass and was attacked by a wild Professor-mon". More importantly I believe I can really add that defining, personifying detail to everything in the game that has a sprite, or that can be turned into a sprite.

Current Projects:
My first and probably on-going project is making a sprite that sort of...represent who I actually play/am in the games. After finishing my first sprite, that's when I knew I just might like spriting...though, so far the only thing I can do is make things based on what the game already has and piecing them together. I do know that, if this is something I'm going to do from now on, then please reply with your comments on my works and with any ideas that you have. I'll even consider requests if you mention being interested (if I get enough, I will be applying for request status)

So without further adieu, here's my Pokemon Breeder. Used DP and BW Breeder (whom were the inspirations), with DP Ranger body/pose. Also used Tabitha of Team Magma (not shown) to get an idea for holding a Pokeball.
Cust_Bred_Fin.png

And here's basically the canvas of how I worked on it. This was done in paint, but it would be nice to get GIMP so I can work on layers effectively and get rid of that white background.
CustomBreeder.png

Future Projects:
  • I'll be working on a Trainer card. I'd like to make one that closely resembles in-game cards but the card images not as simple as far as matching pixel to pixels go, but they still seem easy enough. The challenge I'd like to do is add more important information, and then find a way to add region badges or the like, rather than individual ones.
  • One aspect of me, especially in video gaming, is Theiving. Every game I pick up I start as a Theif, Rogue or an Assassin. I'd like to make some kind of character to represent this. perhaps it will be an unrelated DnD character (just as a sprite) or it will be actually related to the cannon as a character who goes around and tricks people out of their Pokemon.
  • I love Team Rocket. I'd like to make a Team Rocket grunt of some sort, but the hard part would be not making him look so...generic. Granted they are supposed to be, but then I wonder if I can put him in an action pose....

Requests: (Coming soon!)

If you have any simple requests now, I'd be glad to take a look at them, to see what the market is like; what people want and how much customization is needed is something I just don't know about.

Welcom to Lilycove! Your breeder sprite is pretty cool. Do you usually combine different sprites like that, or do you ever make anything from scratch? That can be fun too. I look forward to seeing more in this gallery.

If you want to accept requests for sprites, you can submit a shop in the Art Request Thread in this forum if you would like. You can PM me about that, or any other questions about the art forums. :)

Thank you!

Well, it was kinda on a long desire and a whim, so this is my first. I guess I just wanted to show off =P

Nice breeder & ranger sprites! Can't wait until the white background is gone :p

Back