Help V-create alternative for 20th Anniversary Victini Event?

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Apparently current event Victini doesn't know V-create with no way to relearn or tutor for it so I was wondering what would be a better substitute for it. Here's a moveset I recently came up with:

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 Speed
  • Flame Charge / Flare Blitz
  • Zen Headbutt
  • Thunder Punch
  • U-turn
Flame Charge helps increase Victini's speed without having to rely on Jolly Nature where as Zen Headbutt still gains an accuracy boost from Victory Star for STAB. I was going to opt for Flare Blitz instead of Flame Charge due to it's higher base damage however the recoil seemed too risky to take advantage of. Thunder Punch was my next best option against Water Types since I'm unable to gain access to Bolt Strike. U-turn is here to help switch out when needed.

Last edited:

matthewbny

no
Victini can learn Wild Charge by TM93, but I doubt that you would want to go that way due to your issue with Flare Blitz. Off of 100 Base Speed and a Scarf it hits pretty hard, and with 100 Base Attack, Adamant nature and some strong moves it should hit pretty hard.

Why would you want to use Flame Charge? It only has 50 base power, and you're choice locked anyway.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Victini works well as a wallbreaker. Thus, I think you should go for Choice Band. You can also remove one move and replace it with Trick, so you can catch your opponent by surprise, if needed.
Life Orb might be a better item for your current set and strategy, since you rely on Flame Charge to boost your speed, but not to be your main attack. And Choice Scarf is unneeded, since you already get the speed boost from Flame charge. That gives you the option to switch moves, at least.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
I guess it'd probably be better than running this mediocre Special Sweeper set without V-create:

Victini @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
4 DEF, 252 Sp. ATK, 252 Speed
  • Fire Blast
  • Psyshock
  • Energy Ball
  • Focus Blast