Using Stunfisk as a counter

Random Numbers

creeper FTW!
[/b]There has been a lot of talk about using terrakion as a counter to Darkrai decks and ZekEels, I have learned that using Stunfisk {F} is a great way to counter against some dark and electric pokemon. Any comments?

Well, Terrakion is used because of its ability to 1HKO all Dark-types and Electric-types without Eviolite, and can use PlusPower for the EXs that do have it. Stunfisk won't be 1HKOing much other than Zoroark and Eels. While it can possibly paralyze the opponent, that's inferior to being able to one-shot the opponent, because your opponent may evolve it or play a Switch. And you may not get heads in the first place, making Terrakion the better choice.

Yeah, there's a guy in my area who uses Stunfisk. I use Terrakion and I've beat him every time I played him. 180 for 2 energy is amazing, but 100 for 3 is not great.

Mehhh. Not so sure. It's got 90 HP, so it's Level Ball-able (which is nice) but that still means you get Bolt Striked without an Eviolite. (But would you want to waste an Eviolite on Stunfisk?) Celebi says 100 for three Energy is bad.

It is. Very.

You can feel cool if you flip a heads to Paralyze, but if you don't, you're still getting Night Speared for the KO. (Dark Claw and Eviolite cancel.)

I don't use Stunfisk as a counter, just to knock out an eel or a Zoark. I just use pokemon catcher and put up their eel or Zoark and OHKO them. Or sometimess I put up an unenergized Darkrai EX and 2HKO them for 2 prizes. Then, I attach an eviolite to it( If they don't have a fully energized tornadus EX or something) and survive their next attack ( unless they have a darkrai with dark claw) and put a large dent in it or mabye 2HKO if somehow I paralyze them and they don't have a switch. If they knock my stunfisk out with a tornadus EX, I'll just put up my Zekrom EX and OHKO it with strong volt. Then my eels energize my other stunfisk, zapdos, or even my mewtwo EX. If I knocked out their Zoark, their darkrai EX, and their tornadus EX, I just took 5 prizes, and all they took was 1, for my stunfisk.

^Exactly. Zekrom can attack anything quite well and has some very good prize exchange rates. Whereas Stunfisk is literally just good against Zoroark and Eelektrik - not even the decks, but the cards themselves. But nobody plays Zoroark and Eelektrik isn't supposed to be active. And regardless, Zekrom and Terrakion maintain the same prize exchange rate Stunfisk does, except it's often better because they have higher HP.

593462 said:
I don't use Stunfisk as a counter, just to knock out an eel or a Zoark. I just use pokemon catcher and put up their eel or Zoark and OHKO them. Or sometimess I put up an unenergized Darkrai EX and 2HKO them for 2 prizes. Then, I attach an eviolite to it( If they don't have a fully energized tornadus EX or something) and survive their next attack ( unless they have a darkrai with dark claw) and put a large dent in it or mabye 2HKO if somehow I paralyze them and they don't have a switch. If they knock my stunfisk out with a tornadus EX, I'll just put up my Zekrom EX and OHKO it with strong volt. Then my eels energize my other stunfisk, zapdos, or even my mewtwo EX. If I knocked out their Zoark, their darkrai EX, and their tornadus EX, I just took 5 prizes, and all they took was 1, for my stunfisk.

Let me make sure I read this correctly. Your strategy for your "5-1 prize exchange" revolves around you:
A) Having a Stunfisk with 3 energies on it
B) Having a Catcher in your hand
C) Having an Eviolite in your hand
and D) Praying to Jesus you flip heads and paralyze them.

Terrakion's strategy revolves around:
A) Having a Terrakion and one Fighting Energy
B) Doesn't need a catcher
C) Doesn't need an eviolite
D) Doesn't need to flip heads

...I think I'll take catcher over stunfisk any day.

Celebi23 said:
^Exactly. Zekrom can attack anything quite well and has some very good prize exchange rates. Whereas Stunfisk is literally just good against Zoroark and Eelektrik - not even the decks, but the cards themselves. But nobody plays Zoroark and Eelektrik isn't supposed to be active. And regardless, Zekrom and Terrakion maintain the same prize exchange rate Stunfisk does, except it's often better because they have higher HP.

Yeah, Zekrom does more than Stunfish even when it's hitting for weakness.

Back