~Updated with CT States~ GM's 2014-2015 TCG Return Season

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
I will be posting tourney reports of the ones I go to this year. I love making tourney reports!

I won't remember much from this Cities.
Cities #1 (And the only one)

This was my first tourney after a 4 year hiatus from the game so I was expecting an ok day. Tested a lot of Speed Lugia so I decided to go with it.

Round 1 V.S Donphan
I started with Seismitoad EX as he starts with Zekrom. I only hit him with 2 Quaking Punches because Outrage would hurt my toad bad. I thought I would lose this one because I couldn't get out Lysandres until late in the game. Luckily I got one in time to kill the Zekrom on the bench when my opponent could've easily Lysandre my Lugia EX and kill it.

1-0-0

Round 2 V.S Fairy Toolbox
Oh man this is a bad match up. The whole game I had to work around Aegislash EX and he just uses Lysandre to kill my basic energy attacker (Glaceon). I also make a misplay in the beginning where I attached a Muscle Band to my Deoxys EX and he later 2 hit KO'd that with Assault Laser.

1-1-0

Round 3 V.S Yveltal EX / Seismitoad EX
We both start Seismitoad and he goes first. This allows mw to use Quaking Punch first as I set up my Lugia EX. We had a toad war until he retreats into Yveltal EX. Can't really remember the rest but he misplays and plays a Enhanced Hammer on a DCE attached to Lugia EX and he could've killed the Lugia EX with Evil Ball if he didn't play it. I won the game with 2 Plasma Gales.

2-1-0

Round 4 V.S Wobbat w/ Mewtwo EX
Ok this was very interesting. We start trading prizes for a bit. Then we had an interesting ruling with Wobbuffet's Bide Barricade and Lugia EX's Overflow. The question was how many prizes do I take if I kill the Wobbuffet with a Plasma Gale? 1 or 2? The judges discussed this for a bit (~7 minutes) and it ended up as only one prize. I think my opponent and I both thought I take 2 because I knock out Wobbuffet then take 2 prizes and Wobbuffet is no longer active so I do. I ended up not wanting to take 2 anyways because my opponent had N. (Yikes) He ends up killing my Lugia EX and I have no back up.

2-2-0

Round 5 V.S Fairy Toolbox
So yea...Pretty much similar to my round 2 match. Had to work around Aegislash EX and din't get my Lysandres to kill things around it.

2-3-0

Round 6 V.S Donphan
My opponent kept dead drawing and I slowly set up my board but I was dead drawing as well. We pass a lot and I get some prizes. The game ends with a misplay (though I don't think it would've changed the outcome if he didn't do it) when he Sycamores and doesn't have any cards left in his deck. I pass and he thought he could use Trump Card before he drew and I unfortunately had to tell him he had to draw before he were to play it.

3-3-0

Ended up getting one pack and 27th/54 people. I was right in the middle. It was so fun playing the game again.

Looking forward to Winter Regionals!

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
RE: GM's 2014-2015 TCG Season

Massachusetts States:
After getting 5 ties at Regionals I desperately wanted a deck that doesn't get ties so I went with Night March.

Round 1 VS Fighting/Bats
I got everything to go my way. First turn I got 10 marchers in the discard pile and OHKO'd his Landorus EX with my Joltik. I kept attacking with Mew EX and he couldn't respond.
WW
1-0-0

Round 2 VS Toad n' Bats
Nothing much to say, it's Night March after all, got set up and plowed through each Toad.
WW
2-0-0

Round 3 VS Yveltal / Garb / Toad
Game 1 was ugly. Started lone Joltik and he N'd my Jirachi EX in hand away. Then I didn't get a single basic next turn and that was game. Game 2 he Quaking Punched me after Trump Card...Ouch...
LL
2-1-0

Round 4 VS Landorus EX / Lucario PLS
I honestly had no idea what was going on but I knew him as a player and he knew what he was doing. Game 1 I figured it would be an easy kill for my Beartic to OHKO his Landorus EX but I whiffed the DCE... He kept killing me with Lucarios to take advantage of the little lead I had. Game 2 was a little closer but I ran out of DCEs in my deck and I couldn't OHKO his last attacker that was charged up because he put a Focus Sash on it.
LL
2-2-0

Round 5 VS Yveltal EX / Mega Manectric EX
Dead drew game 1. Game 2 I won because he dead drew and I got set up pretty quick. Game 3 was dead drawing for me again.
LWL
2-3-0
With only 2 more rounds, I knew I couldn't win anything so I decided to, for my first time ever in a tourney, drop. I felt confident at the beginning when I was 2-0-0 but then my luck ran out. I played one of the most consistent decks out there and I find a way to dead draw. That's my luck. I still have 0 CPs so I pretty much give up on Worlds at this point. Hopefully, I can place better next weekend in NH. I'm deciding between Night March again or Yveltal / Seismitoad.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
RE: GM's 2014-2015 TCG Season

From Hero to Zero
NH States: 3/28/15
Deck: Yveltal / Toad / Hammers
From week 1 States results, I expected a ton of Toads. So I figured Night March would not be a good choice. That left my Yveltal / Toad deck. I decided to add a Dedenne FFI (for other Yveltals), a laser, and a Teammates.

Round 1 VS Leafeon PLF / Deoxys EX
This was very unexpected. His only attacking Poke was Leafeon PLF.
Game 1: I start with Toad and go first, I manage to get a DCE on it. He gets a Leafeon PLF T1 with a Silver Bangle and plays tons of Item draw like Skates, Acro Bike, Bicycle. Manages to hit my Toad so he could kill it the very next turn. He continues to stream Leafeons with laser banks to rack up damage and I got horrible luck flipping tails about 1/20 times on my sleeping Yveltals and my Crushing Hammers. Next game we go even on prizes, but the game breaking move is when I top decked a Seismitoad so then I could place it down with a DCE and Muscle Band and retreat into it. Then I Lysandre the one Deoxys EX on his bench without a Float Stone and lock him there with Quaking Punch. Time is called so we tie.
L-W-T
0-0-1

Round 2 VS Metal
Both games I lock his heavy retreat cost Pokemon like Cobalion EX with Quaking Punch. I find another DCE when he gets a chance to take it off with Cobalion's attack. I have Yveltals building on the bench for clean up both games.
W-W
1-0-1

Round 3 VS Manectric EX / Toad
Game 1 he couldn't find his Virbank to prevent me from nullifying my Lightning weakness using Shadow Circle. So I use my Yveltal EXs to 2HKO his Manectrics without him being able to OHKO me. We keep even on prizes in Game 2 but he plays a crucial N which leads me to dead draws the rest of the game and I lose. This time, in Game 3, I eventually N him and plays his hand down to zero and can't draw anything.
W-L-W
2-0-1

Round 4 VS Toad / Slurpuff / Dragalge / Annoying Items
Uhhh....Lasers, Hammers, my luck on flips, etc...
L-L
2-1-1

Round 5 VS Toad / Garbodor
He doesn't get many draw supporters but still manages heads on tons of lasers and hammers. I made a misplay by using Lysandre on his other toad without DCE instead of his Garbodor with a Rock Guard. I guess he was aging a DCE in his hand because he places it down on the Toad in the active spot and KOs me with a Quaking Punch.
L-L
2-2-1

Round 6 VS Yveltal EX / Mewtwo EX
Game 1 is close but off a N to 2 from me she gets the energy needed for the last 2 prizes.
Game 2 goes to time but, with me having 2 prizes left, promotes the garbodor so I couldn't get my last two prizes because I couldn't find the Lysandre next turn to bring up her Darkrai EX to kill.
L-L
2-3-1

Round 7 VS Toad / Jynx FFI
I lose the first game from not drawing into energy when I needed it. Next 2 games I get my own Toad to lock him down so he couldn't draw his DCEs because he ran a lot of Item draw. I think he gets fed up in the third game so he just scoops, despite us both having 6 prizes and plenty of time left in the round.
3-3-1

Again I start off great then I go on a losing streak and ruin my chances at Top 16. I was happy that I didn't play Night March or I would've done much worse. Last States I will be going to is in 2 weeks in CT. I will either join the Toad train or go with a Flareon deck.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
RE: GM's 2014-2015 TCG Return Season

A Disappointing Finish
CT States: 4/12/15
Deck: Yveltal / Toad / Hammers

I decided to stick with my most comfortable deck this time. The only thing I changed from last time was taking an Enhanced Hammer out for a Ghetsis. Ghetsis was for Night March and Flareon but also came in handy in other situations.

Round 1 VS Yveltal / Toad
Game 1 was close but I had a VS Seeker in hand for the Lysandre to end it. Game 2 goes down to the last play when he Xerosics off the Head Ringer on his Toad so that he could hit me for the final 30 damage remaining on my Yveltal EX. Game 3 I get an early toad lock and he decides to scoop. The game would've gone into a tie but he was nice enough to scoop the game.
WLW
1-0-0

Round 2 VS Yveltal / Toad [Dave C.]
The first game I couldn't get anything out and the second game he couldn't. Game 3 was close and we both even had Dedenne on the bench, but never used it. I had the VS Seeker in hand for the Lysandre to end it, and he luckily didn't N it anyway so I managed to squeak out the win.
WLW
2-0-0

Round 3 VS Vir/Gen [Azul Garcia Griego]
Surprisingly, I have never faced a Vir/Gen deck before this match. I have to say I was pretty nervous because he is, arguably, one of the better players in the North East. First game he scooped because I managed to hit crucial hammers and a Head Ringer on Virizion EX. I also managed to Quaking Punch a Genesect EX to death. Shadow Circle helps a bit because you could have 2 dark energy on Toad and not have weakness to Virizion EXs and Genesect EXs. In the end it didn't matter because he was using LaserBank. Second game I had to bench a Toad so I could Switch into it and retreat to get out of sleep. He uses that to his advantage by killing it later with a Red Signal. I counted the Plasma Energy in his discard the turn before to notice there were 4. I guess I wasn't expecting the Shadow Triad. Game 3 he got everything set up to fast for me to handle.
WLL
2-1-0

Round 4 VS Yveltal / Toad [Kevin Drolet]
This player was only around 40 points away from his invite. Let's just say that flips went my way in each game... I flipped heads every time on sleep going into my turn. Also hit some crucial hammers. My dice actually loved me that day.
WW
3-1-0

Round 5 VS Vir/Gen [Nick Chimento]
Again, I managed to pull off crucial Hammers and he even dead drew both games. I caught him off guard one game with my Ghetsis to make him shuffle the VS Seeker back in the deck, cutting his Supporter supply off his next turn.
WW
4-1-0

Round 6 VS Manectric / Toad [Craig R.]
Game 1 was close because he couldn't get out his Virbank to hit me for weakness on my Yveltals. He still managed to win that game though. Game 2 was down to the wire. He had to start with using 2 Junipers to discard a lot of resources. My Yveltal EX was only TEN damage away from knocking out his Mega Manectric EX. I had to attack with my baby Yveltal instead to set up the KO next turn, which never happens since he brings up my Yveltal EX, Computer Searches for the Virbank to get rid of my Shadow Circle and he Turbo Bolts for the KO. 10 damage away hurt me big time. I even calculated the Evil Ball 4 times to make sure I wasn't 10 short.
LL
4-2-0

Round 7 VS Yveltal / Toad
I get a decent set up Game 1 but I whiff energy one turn which put me where I couldn't set up a Evil Ball next turn. Game 2 was closer. At the end, he only had 4 cards in his hand so I decide to just leave baby Yveltal up and Obvlivion Wing and Lysandre his Yveltal EX with 3 energy on it. Then, out of nowhere, he energy switches and lasers my Yveltal and Evil Balls it for 120 and then poison kills it from there for the win.
LL
4-3-0

Conclusion:
I am very happy with my result. 25th out of 82 masters. However, I was kind of mad that I was so close to Top 16 and/or making Top 8. I currently stood at 15th place before the last round. If I won the last round, I had a chance at Top 8. If I tied, I had a chance at top 16. I managed to lose it and not make either. Lots of my games came down to flips/luck. Luckily I had some luck that day and managed to win some of my games from that. I find the more I play in this format, the more luck is apart of the game. I was looking forward to facing Flareon or Night March to use Ghetsis, which didn't end up happening. I was surprised that 4 out of 7 matches were against the Mirror. Another time I started to do well but did not pull it of in the end. Felt bad for my Round 6 opponent who missed top 8 by one place.

I will just be playing causally from now. Spring Regionals in Boston, MA will be fun as I don't have to travel far. (An hour from my house)

Top 8 results:
1. Dylan Bryan (Exeggutor)
2. James DePamphilis
3. Sam Chen
4. Alexander Zorilla
5. Adrian Barniak
6. Dale Russell
7. Michael Drolet
8. Ray Cipoletti