• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Updated Honchcrow GX deck

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
3 Honchkrow-GX UNB 109
3 Murkrow UNB 108
1 Sableye V SSH 120

1 Weavile-GX UNM 132
2 Sneasel UNM 131

2 Crobat V DAA 104
4 Jirachi TEU 99

1 Wondrous Labyrinth Prism Star TEU 158
1 Black Market Prism Star TEU 134

1 Jessie & James HIF 68
1 Boss's Orders RCL 154
2 Red & Blue CEC 202
2 Guzma & Hala CEC 193
2 Cynthia & Caitlin CEC 189
2 Erika's Hospitality TEU 140

4 Dusk Stone UNB 167
4 Quick Ball SSH 179
3 Tag Call CEC 206

4 Switch SSH 183
2 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
2 Air Balloon SSH 156

4 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
1 Dangerous Drill TEU 138

8 Darkness Energy

Card choices:
Jirachi was the search engine of choice because it lets me find dusk stone very quickly which is a very big part of this decks ability to function. It also influenced the choice to run the tag call engine since it will be almost guaranteed to get supporter for turn with the combination of Jirachi and tag call if you don't already have a supporter in hand.

Weavile was the energy acceleration of choice because it lets me use Red & Blue (which I can grab with tag call) to both get 2 energy in play but also let me move it to who I please. It also lets me semi protect crobats since black market only denies prizes of dark pokemon with a dark energy attached to them.

Cards I want to use:
memory capsule to use Murkrow's attack that removes a card of your choice from your opponent's hand.

Telephoto Scope to increase Honchkrows bench damage to 60 which sets Sableye up WAY better.

A second Sableye. I find myself almost needing a second one most matches but It's really hard to find a cut for it.

A second Weavile for consistency

A zigzagoon to make sableyes cleanup on bigger pokemon more consistent.

Some other way to deal damage from the bench consistently. having 3 energy in the active is really dangerous so any way to deal damage over time to protect your energy would be great.

Strategy:
Get a wondrous labyrinth locked into play asap. play control while you set up Weavile, don't focus on attacking. once your fully setup or the opponent has progressed through your control enough to pose a threat, replace wondrous labyrinth with Black Market and keep it in play for the rest of the game if you can. Setup GX knockouts with Honchrows benched damage so that Sableye can easily clean up.

Save GX attack for when the opponent has a low card hand and you have Jessie and James in hand. I think this doesn't really help enough to even include the J&J because most of the time they get a supporter of the top so if I can find a way to include a Ice axe then the combo might work.

Final Thoughts:
This deck works really well as long as you get a jirachi early on which is not hard to do. The biggest problem with the deck is the massive 3 energy cost of Honchkrow for only 90 damage and 30 to GX pokemon on the bench. If the attack was 2 energy or 3 colorless it would be way less of a inconvenience. I also REALLY need to find a way to add a second Sableye. The deck is getting closer to being Optimized and I'm going to keep testing.

Thanks for making it this far.