• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

UPDATED: Darkrai EX/ Absol PF/ Deoxys EX

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
Pokemon-12
3 Darkrai EX (DE 107)
4 Deoxys EX (PF 53)
1 Sableye (DE 62)
3 Absol (PF 67)
1 Keldeo EX (BC 142)

Trainers-37
4 Professor Juniper (DE 98)
4 N (DE 96)
1 Colress (PS 118)
1 Bianca (EP 90)
1 Skyla (BC 134)
3 Ultra Ball (DE 102)
1 Team Plasma Ball (PF 105)
3 Colress Machine (PS 119)
3 Dark Patch (DE 93)
1 Switch (BW 104)
3 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
3 Hypnotoxic Laser (PS 123)
1 Tool Scrapper (DR 116)
1 Computer Search (BC 137)
3 Dark Claw (DE 92)
2 Virbank City Gym (PS 126)
2 Team Plasma Badge (PF 104)

Energy-11
5 Darkness Energy (BW 111)
3 Prism Energy (ND 93)
3 Plasma Energy (PS 127)

Strategy
The focus of this deck is to use Darkrai EX and Absol to attack while having their damage boosted by Deoxys and Dark Claw(Darkrai with a Team Plasma Badge). Keldeo EX allows you to switch freely, get Dark Patch boosts on your Active, and still be able to attack with that Pokemon. Prism Energy serves two purposes: to use Deoxys's attack and use Keldeo as a (kind of) Landorus EX counter. Sableye, Darkrai EX, or Absol are your preferred starters as a lone Keldeo or Deoxys start can be devastating. Try to get an Absol or Darkrai powered up quickly with 3 Deoxys benched as well as a Keldeo with a Darkness/ Prism Energy. Absol it a fantastic Pokemon in this format thanks to the large Benches almost everything has. If they choose to put fewer Pokemon on the Bench, they are shooting themselves in the foot and trying to run a race, as most decks need large Benches to function. Dark Claw and Deoxys add to his destructive power. Darkrai likes to use Dark Claw, Lasers, and snipe damage to take out the popular Thundurus and Deoxys EX, and with a Laser he can KO Kyurem in one hit(provided Darkrai has Dark Claw or Plasma Badge+ Deoxys). Everything else should be fairly straightforward. All help is appreciated!

RE: Darkrai EX/ Absol PF/ Deoxys EX

I made a similar deck called "Absolute Junk"

3x Deoxys-ex
3x Absol
2x Darkrai-ex
3x Sabley
(Mr. Mime is funny to have)

Get rid of the Ace Spec that you have and replace it with Computer Search.
+1 team plasma ball for your absol's
I also use 3x Shadow Triad.If you're using ultra ball and dark patch,might as well use Triad for your plasma energy/plasma cards.

Gusto83 said:
I made a similar deck called "Absolute Junk"

3x Deoxys-ex
3x Absol
2x Darkrai-ex
3x Sabley
(Mr. Mime is funny to have)

Get rid of the Ace Spec that you have and replace it with Computer Search.
+1 team plasma ball for your absol's
I also use 3x Shadow Triad.If you're using ultra ball and dark patch,might as well use Triad for your plasma energy/plasma cards.

Yeah, I did some testing last night and replaced Dowsing Machine with Computer Search. I'm also taking out a Sableye for either a Skyla or Team Plasma Ball. Skyla can grab nearly anything in the deck, and Team Plasma Ball can get a Deoxys or Absol without any cost. I'm removing a Sableye becasue this deck can often get a turn 1 Absol with a couple Deoxys, sometimes with Laserbank and/or Dark Claw. Starting with Sableye interferes with the deck's ability to swing hard and fast. However, I'm keeping a single copy in the deck as a more "techy" card, as grabbing the last Catcher or Laser or getting Computer Search to help get out of a bad start comes in handy.
I'm kind of iffy on the Shadow Triad, because this deck wants to apply early pressure. If I can find space, I would put in one of these or a Super Rod or Revive, because when my Pokemon get knocked out, I can't retrieve them which is a problem, especially in the case of Keldeo.
I'm currently disliking the Energy lineup here, Plasma Energy is really bugging me. It seems like it's always clumping together and then I draw 2-3 of a Juniper, when Darkness would be much more helpful and is good to have discarded for Dark Patch.
To summarize:
- 1 Dowsing Machine
- 1 Sableye
- 1 Plasma Energy
+1 Computer Search
+1 Skyla (testing this first)
+1 Darkness Energy

Hmm.... This is a semi speed deck so having 4 plasma energy's is good.
Let me start over with what you have edited so far and see if it works
-1 Deoxys-EX
-1 Darkrai-EX
-1 Team Plasma Badge
-1 Bianca
-1 Colress
-3 Prism energy
-1 Plasma badge
-1 Switch
-1 Juniper
--------------------------------------
+1 Plasma energy
+1 Sableye
+1 Skyla
+1 Hypnotoxic Laser
+1 Team Plasma Ball
+1 Colress Machine
+1 Dark energy
+1 Tool Scrapper
+3 Moon stone or Shadow Triad( This one is a filler until plasma blast comes out with "Silver mirror.")

2 shadow triad, 3 cloggs the engine also since this deck doesn't rely on a heavy team plasma list since you plan on throwing out the plasma energy 3 would slow you're supporter list down super hard, 2 team plasma badge, 3-4 is to much and 1 is to low, you still want to hit off the ohkos with darkrai and absol.

I'm testing Triad but i'm replacing it with silver mirror once plasma blast comes out

I've worked some more on my list since I last updated it, so some things are different in the list than whats in it right now.
Gusto83 said:
Hmm.... This is a semi speed deck so having 4 plasma energy's is good.
Let me start over with what you have edited so far and see if it works
-1 Deoxys-EX Need 4 for consistency
-1 Darkrai-EX Already did this and replaced it with a Badge
-1 Team Plasma Badge These are part of what makes this deck work
-1 Bianca Already removed this for a Catcher
-1 Colress 4-4 Juniper and N is a very consistent supporter line isn't it
-3 Prism energy I prefer to have Deoxys and Keldeo's attacks accessible
-1 Plasma badge already explained this
-1 Switch starting with a lone Deoxys/ Keldeo makes it hard to get a turn 1 Absol, cause you need 3 Energy and Darkrai otherwise
-1 Juniper Even worse, a 3-4 Juniper/N line
--------------------------------------
+1 Plasma energy I'll never end up using it
+1 Sableye I'd prefer to start with Darkrai/Absol, good as a one-of
+1 Skyla I barely use the one I have
+1 Hypnotoxic Laser Already did this
+1 Team Plasma Ball Not enough space right now
+1 Colress Machine I'll never end up using it
+1 Dark energy I would if I could
+1 Tool ScrapperI'll never end up using it
+3 Moon stone or Shadow Triad( This one is a filler until plasma blast comes out with "Silver mirror.")3 is a waste of space, you shouldn't need more than 1 each game, maybe 2 max

Yo-yos said:
2 shadow triad, 3 cloggs the engine also since this deck doesn't rely on a heavy team plasma list since you plan on throwing out the plasma energy 3 would slow you're supporter list down super hard I'll run 1 if any, 2 team plasma badge, 3-4 is to much and 1 is to low, you still want to hit off the ohkos with darkrai and absol. Took out a Darkrai for this, seeing as I rarely use 2 Darkrai in a match three aren't necessary.
-1 Darkness
-1 Darkrai
-1 Bianca
+1 Badge
+1 Catcher
+1 Laser
Replies in bold.
Thanks for your input.

PTCGMASTER said:
Moon Stone?

LOL sorry wrong game.I meant "Float stone." I play Black and White 2 on the Nintendo 3DS with my daughter and moon stone evolves a pokemon.

PTCGMASTER said:
Gusto83 said:
LOL sorry wrong game.I meant "Float stone." I play Black and White 2 on the Nintendo 3DS with my daughter and moon stone evolves a pokemon.
ok thanks

Well, i tried Triad and it's a no go.

So now i run: 3x Absol
3x Kyurem
3x Darkrai
1x Deoxys-EX
2x Sableye

I lost to Raticate/Victini-spread (go figure) And Thundurus-EX/Deoxys-EX
Otherwise kyurem is great card for this deck

I'll test a single copy of Kyurem out tonight... I'll take out an Absol for right now.

I've found that Kyurem is kind of clunky and doesn't work that well. I love the 30 snipe, because it sets up KOs for my Darkrais, but I don't feel that it's very useful majority of the time. I am liking a single copy of Thundurus EX a lot. It helps recover after a Darkrai goes down, and makes set up a lot easier. So far, I'm still just working on my next list but I'm definitely making progress.

9Tailz said:
I've found that Kyurem is kind of clunky and doesn't work that well. I love the 30 snipe, because it sets up KOs for my Darkrais, but I don't feel that it's very useful majority of the time. I am liking a single copy of Thundurus EX a lot. It helps recover after a Darkrai goes down, and makes set up a lot easier. So far, I'm still just working on my next list but I'm definitely making progress.

Only problem with Thundurus EX is that it needs at least 3xdeoxys to make him work.And this deck has no room for him when you are using absol/darkrai/sableye
Try Keldeo-ex+Float stone with Kyurem to reuse his 120dmg attack again

Majority of the time, I do have 3 Deoxys out. My problem with Kyurem isn't the fact that his attack prevents him from attacking, it's that I rarely get him charged up to use it. The reason is most likely that I only run 4 Prisms, half of which must be attached to him. However, Thundurus needs a Prism too, and I often attach them to my Absols and Darkrais in order to get an attack off faster. So unless I start running Blend WFLM, which is useless with almost everything else, I will probably never be able to consistently set it up.

i run 4 deoxys, 3 absol, 2 darkrai, 2 keldeo, the only problem i mostly have is bench conflict. i play 4 plasma energy, 4/4 laser catcher, but im considering plasma frigate to kill blastoise decks if they waste tbeach by discarding it. i reccomend one plasma badge, bc dark claw will only do 10 damage less than plasma badge when 3 deoxys on bench

i meant the plasma stadium that puts 2 damage counters on pokemon that arent plasma when energy are attached

Back