[UPDATED 7/2/14] Need Help For Nationals [VGC 2014]

RE: (UPDATED 6/17/14) Need Help For Nationals (VGC 2014)

OK with 3 days before my nationals début in VGC I`M FREAKING OUT! Any help with my team now would be greatly appreciated and please don't skimp on the details I need this team to be flawless cause I want to best fit for the Pokémon.

RE: (UPDATED 7/2/14) Need Help For Nationals (VGC 2014)

Check said:
So this is the team I`m working on while playing the Showdown Simulations and with suggestions I think I have a good team together. Any help would be amazing because I would like this to be my team for nationals.

681.png

Aegislash (Deo) (Male)
Item: Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Quiet
Iv`s: 31 HP/31 Attack/ 31 Defense/ 31 Sp. Attack/ 31 Sp. Defense
Ev`s: 252 HP/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 4 Attack
Moves -
-King`s Shield
-Flash Cannon
-Shadow Sneak
-Shadow Ball

658.png

Greninja
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Nature: Timid
Iv`s: 31 Sp. Attack/ 31 Sp. Defense/ 31 Speed
Ev`s: 252 Sp. Attack 4 Sp. Defense/ 252 Speed
Moves -
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Scald/Surf
-Mat Block

Greninja is the 1st turn protector and the speedy Sp. Attacker. Mat Block helps when its the 1st turn and your opponent is using powerful pokemon, this helps set up a status or a OHKO on 1 poekmon. The spread of different types of moves helps when the opponent is using a fire move when ice and you switch to water not very effective hit then. Finally Focus Sash because Greninja are not very defensive and it makes sure you get off at least 2 hits on the opponents.

706.png

Goodra (Lavender) (Female)
Item: Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
Nature: Modest
Iv`s: 31 HP/ 31 Defense/ 31 Sp. Attack/ 31 Sp. Defense/ 31 Speed
Ev`s: 252 HP/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 4 Sp. Defense
Moves -
-Sludge Bomb
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Dragon Pulse

Goodra is the special sweeper/wall to the team. Having such high Sp. Defense plus the boost from Assault Vest makes it perfect to take down special sweepers, and Pokémon with low Sp. Defense. With Gooey any move that makes contact slows down the attacker, and then makes them more vulnerable to being hit faster by my attacks. Finally the type spread on her moves can cover most Pokemon with a weakness to them.

479-w.png

Rotom-Wash (Virus)
Item: Sitris Berry
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
Iv`s: 31 HP/ 31 Defense/ 31 Sp. Attack/ 31 Sp. Defense/ 31 Speed
EV's: 252 HP/ 44 Defense/ 60 Sp. Attack / 148 Sp. Defense/ 4 Speed
Moves -
-Thunder Bolt
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder Wave
-Substitute
Rotom is the wall/status starter of the team. Thunder Wave adds in the status fetcher that also slows enemies speed. Substitutes adds in extra defense and stall effect because it can save Rotom form a super effective hit or from being double attacked. Thunder Bolt and Hydro Pump add in powerful STAB and power moves that cover a few types out there. Finally the EV yield on Rotom covers great because he has a Modest nature.

115.png
mega115.png
115-m.png

Kangaskhan (Ka`mi)
Item: Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
mega115.png
Parental Bond
Nature: Adamant
Iv`s: 31 Hp/ 31 Attack/ 31 Defense/ 31 Sp. Defense/ 31 Speed
Ev`s: 252 Hp/ 252 Attack/ 4 Defense
Moves -
-Sucker Punch
-Fake Out
-Power-Up Punch
-Earthquake

M-Kangaskhan is purely a sweeper hands down. Turn 1 out Fake Out to get the target to flinch. Then the rest all depends on what the opposing Pokemon's type is. Her Ev`s help when needing to do extra damage to the opponents and with high HP it can wall for a few turns. Finally with combining Earthquake with a Pokemon of mine that is immune that 2x the damage to the opponents with a powerful attack.

591.png

Amoongus (Pwanzy)
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Sassy
Iv`s: x HP/ 31 Attack/ 31 Defense/ 31 Sp. Attack/ 31 Sp. Defense / 0 Speed
Ev`s: 126 HP/ 4 Defense/126 Sp. Attack/ 252 Sp. Defense
Moves-
-Spore
-Rage Powder
-Giga Drain
-Protect

Amoongus is a filler because Tyranitar did not work out. Although it is a filler it works well and I might quickly breed another so that it is all perfect. Black Sludge helps in the case I get tricked or magician and they cant use the item. Rage Powder and spore help when wanting your opponents to not attack your attacker. Finally the Ev`s are sporadic and yes I know it`s not flawless but it was shiny and on a dare I trained it.

ReplacementPokémon
663.png

Talonflame (You guys name it)
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Adamant
Iv`s: 31 HP/ 31 Attack/ 31 Defense/ 31 Sp. Defense/ 31 Speed
Ev`s: 4 HP/ 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Moves -
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Tailwind
-Flare Blitz

Talonflame is the same as any other Talonflame pretty much. First if I run slower pokemon I`ll use Tailwind for a speed boost, or I`d use Brave Bird turn 1. Next depending on HP Roost or another Brave Bird. Having Gale Wings means that Talonflame gets Priority for its flying moves, so having Adamant instead of Jolly will give more attack and does not affect speed unless I use Flare Blitz. Finally I`m not sure on Ev`s in speed but if I do need Flare Blitz they should come in handy.

Again I am still taking suggestions and would love help because I would like to get my team fully together before nationals. So I have time to make quick changes the night before with your guys` help.

Good team but I can see Kangashkan taking a huge dunk. It has decent stats but a ghost type with levitate and focus blast and your Kangashkan gets OHKO or at least 2OHKO. This might sound stupid but remember if Kangashkan gets a status ailment like burn or poison then all the oppenent needs to do is spam status moves until your gone.

In this case I'd go for Ambipom or Miltank (like wtf right). Ambipom with a life orb almost guarantees instant KO. An Adamant or Jolly Ambipom is good with EV's 252 Atk/148 Sp. And teach it Fake Out to start the fight off with the opponent having half or less HP. Miltank is a decent enough wall and it has scrappy. Just toxic stall and your good to go. Ev's distribution here I'm not too sure cause I had Miltank before I got into EV training and IV breeding and it works.

Think about it :cool:

Um... thanks but could you read the title again cause this is not OU it for nationals XD sorry for the mishap but yah. Also your comment about kangaskhan is spot on it happens all the time to me but I have no other mega that works well with the team that is trained right now and nationals I for me starts in 3 days!

EDIT: Sorry if I come up a bit harsh up there I`m just freaking out last chance to change and all. Also only Miltank is available in X and Y`s Poke`dex so I`d only be able to use it from the 2 suggestions.

The5thMak said:
Good team but I can see Kangashkan taking a huge dunk. It has decent stats but a ghost type with levitate and focus blast and your Kangashkan gets OHKO or at least 2OHKO. This might sound stupid but remember if Kangashkan gets a status ailment like burn or poison then all the oppenent needs to do is spam status moves until your gone.
Ummm....no? His Kangaskhan has Scrappy to hit Ghost types before mega evolving and it has Sucker Punch to hit them after. He should really be fine. Not only that, but Mega Kangaskhan is one of the best megas in the game and really should never be replaced. Speaking of Kangaskhan, you should replace EQ with Return/Frustration. You could use a powerful STAB move, reaching like 200 base power after Parental Bond instead of a measly Fake Out that only works once per switch in and EQ isn't affected by Parental Bond so it isn't as powerful. You also already have PUP for Steel types and EQ will hurt your teammates as well.

Cinesra said:
The5thMak said:
Ummm....no? His Kangaskhan has Scrappy to hit Ghost types before mega evolving and it has Sucker Punch to hit them after. He should really be fine. Not only that, but Mega Kangaskhan is one of the best megas in the game and really should never be replaced. Speaking of Kangaskhan, you should replace EQ with Return/Frustration. You could use a powerful STAB move, reaching like 200 base power after Parental Bond instead of a measly Fake Out that only works once per switch in and EQ isn't affected by Parental Bond so it isn't as powerful. You also already have PUP for Steel types and EQ will hurt your teammates as well.

Fudge I did replace it for return sorry for not putting that now fixing all the errors in the post.

Back