Upcoming Games of 2013

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
There are plenty of video games coming out in 2013. From big budget games like Call of Duty: Ghosts and Grand Theft Auto 5 to cheaper indie games like Amnesia and Payday 2, the rest of 2013 is bound to be fantastic. The Xbox One and PS4 were recently announced, bringing in the next generation of console gaming.

We've already received the masterpiece that was Bioshock Infinite, and Tomb Raider was pretty good as well. Dead Space 3 didn't quite meet expectations, but it was fun nonetheless. Pokemon X and Y are set to release this October, and the childish but still outrageously fun Pikmin 3 is be released August 4.

Here's a list of upcoming 2013 video games.

So, here you can discuss the future of 2013 in regards to video games. What are you looking forward to? What are your predictions on ratings/sales? Grand Theft Auto 5 is predicted to be the highest rated/selling game of the year, and we have another Battlefield/Call of Duty war this year (fun).

Begin.

I am looking forward to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle on PS3. I've wanted to get back into fight games, so this is perfect for me as many of my internet friends will be getting it. Like many, I discovered the series from the recent Anime and I really liked it. I'll be importing it from Japan; I already have my preorder on AmiAmi.

GTA5 and Pokemon X will probably be the only games I buy this year. That said, I expect to get a lot of playing time out of them, especially GTA5. I've been waiting for GTA for so long haha.

I'm really curious as to how they're going to manage the release though. People have already pre-ordered it for Xbox-360/PS3. I'm sure there will be a PS4/XB1 version, but it'll piss people off if they have to buy two of the same game.

What I'm hoping they do is have the game for both PS3 and PS4 (Essentially, the same disc), with a download code for PS4 if you buy the PS3 version. That eliminates any problems.

Namely the one that everyone somehow forgets to even mention,
THE LAST OF US!
And also, I'm getting Saint's Row 4, not GTA5. Sure, you got 3-player lobby. You know what you don't have? A game that is fun to play because the fun never stops!
That, and I find it funny how GTA, the more realistic one, has a worse physics engine than Saint's Row 4.

The one's I'm most looking forward to are:

Pokemon X and Y
Super Mario U (the 3D Mario game being shown off at E3)
Zelda 3DS
Watch Dogs
Knack
Infamous: Second Son

I'm also looking forward to Super Smash Bros. 4 and Sonic Lost World, but those might not even come out this year.

Haunted Water said:
Namely the one that everyone somehow forgets to even mention,
THE LAST OF US!
And also, I'm getting Saint's Row 4, not GTA5. Sure, you got 3-player lobby. You know what you don't have? A game that is fun to play because the fun never stops!
That, and I find it funny how GTA, the more realistic one, has a worse physics engine than Saint's Row 4.

Gonna be completely honest here, I hated Saints Row 3. It tried way too hard to be the opposite of GTA. I liked the first two that were both serious and fun. From the looks of things, Saints Row 4 is just an expansion of Saints Row 3 that was made into a full-fledged title (which is funny, because it WAS an expansion until THQ went under).

Bolt the Cat said:
The one's I'm most looking forward to are:

Pokemon X and Y
Super Mario U (the 3D Mario game being shown off at E3)
Zelda 3DS
Watch Dogs
Knack
Infamous: Second Son

I'm also looking forward to Super Smash Bros. 4 and Sonic Lost World, but those might not even come out this year.

Mrr? Suh-weet! I loved SSB. I always play that game with my friends and siblings. Can't wait!

Off the top of my head, the games I'm looking forward to the most would have to be...

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Pokemon X
Mario Kart U

I'm interested in a lot of others, but these three take my top three (New Leaf can be replaced with Wind Waker HD once it releases in two weeks.)

I know its not upcoming anymore, but I'm still hoping to get Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

I also am trying to get:

Pokemon Y
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Black Flag

..and some others that I can't think of at the moment.

Jonn said:
I am looking forward to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle on PS3.

Awwww yeeeaaah! All that hype can't be wrong. So can't wait for this.

Also MGS V is taking up a very large amount of my brain power. It's gonna be the greatest thing ever.
Working up a strong appetite for Pokemon Y too.
Watchdogs is an obvious one.
I know they have already been released elsewhere but I am still waiting for the EU release of Shin Megami Tensei IV, Soul Hackers and Devil Survivor 2.

There are bound to be more but all this MGS is screwing with my mind. 2013 is a good year for games.

@RS: Well, SR4 was originally a DLC add-on for SR3, but it became too large and was made into a stand-alone. My friend and I found this out earlier than most when it was January and the DLC was overdue.
Also, ones I missed other than the obvious:
Pokemon
Watch_Dogs (on the PS3, dammit!)
inFamous: Second Son
And that's about it.

Matty said:
Mrr? Suh-weet! I loved SSB. I always play that game with my friends and siblings. Can't wait!

We don't really know much about SSB4 yet, so don't get too excited. It may not even be coming out this year.

These are my most anticipated this year:

Pikmin 3
Pokemon X/Y
Zelda 3DS
Mario 3D Wii U

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
These are my most anticipated this year:

Pikmin 3
Pokemon X/Y
Zelda 3DS
Mario 3D Wii U

dmaster out.

Huh... Pretty sad that it's been so long of a wait that I forgot about Pikmin 3. That's right next to Animal Crossing as my most anticipated game of the year. I guess I just forgot it even existed. .-.

I've waited so long with it that I couldn't forget about the game even if I tried. They also just showed off a lot of footage in a recent Nintendo Direct.

dmaster out.

Back