• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard (Upcoming) AeroToad

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
Pokémon:
  • 4 Aerodactyl (AoPK)
  • 4 Seismitoad-EX (FFI)
  • 2 Jirachi (XYPR)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX (ROS)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 2 Professor Sycamore (XY)
  • 2 N (NVI)
  • 2 Judge (BKT)
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations (PRC)
  • 2 Lysandre (FLF)
  • 2 Pokémon Center Lady (FLF)

• 4 VS Seeker (FRLG)
  • 4 Old Amber Aerodactyl (DEX)
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Battle Compressor (PHF)
  • 2 Ultra Ball (DEX)
  • 2 Energy Retrieval (BS)
  • 2 Revive (BS)
  • 2 Potion (BS)

• 4 Rough Seas (PRC)
Energy:
  • 6 Metal Energy (BS)
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy (BS)

Strategy:
You can heal off Quaking Punches with PCL (Pokémon Center Lady) and then Jet Draft to get rid of DCEs. Then, you can bring up your own Toad to finish the job off. Rough Seas will also heal your Toad.

Like the deck! I would Remove your birch and judge and just have N and Sycamore. Also take out the metal for water energy. And cut down to four of them. Remove your potions for more ultra ball. Then turn your energy retrieval and revive into 4 Puzzle of time/ or 2-2 slowking. And for the 5th and 6th water you took out, put in two fighting fury belts. All of these changes would make your deck much more consistent.

You can heal off Quaking Punches with PCL (Pokémon Center Lady) and then Jet Draft to get rid of DCEs.

Maybe I'm missing something, but, if you're under item lock (the Quacking Punches you're talking about to receive and heal), how do you put Aerodactyl onto your bench? Since you can't use the fossil card :S

Maybe I'm missing something, but, if you're under item lock (the Quacking Punches you're talking about to receive and heal), how do you put Aerodactyl onto your bench? Since you can't use the fossil card :S
You forgot vileplume Locks Both Toad only blocks opponent.

First of all: AeroToad is a great name!
next point:
I really dislike potion as a card
especially if you are using a deck that enables roughseas
instead of using a potion you could always play down a cassius or at least play a super scoopup which on heads would give you a full heal + free retreat

I'm not completely sure on the Jirachi + metal energy ?
you don't need metal energy to discard energy and with blue energy at least your toad could grenade hammer from time to time

Back