Discussion Unveiling my NEWEST favorite deck! Best Meta Counter I’ve ever built!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I’m going to briefly stick my foot into this one.

I’ve been to a dozen tournaments since I’ve been back, I know the format, I know all of the meta/popular decks

Look, this is just my two cents but in my experience a dozen tournaments is nowhere near enough playing to “know” the format. I’m nowhere near what you’d call a “competitive player” but it seems to me that the people who reach success sink hundreds to thousands of hours into testing not only their deck but every other deck in the format as well. I spend almost all of my free time playing or reading about Pokémon, and, for example, I still don’t know how to fully utilise Wobbuffet or Sigilyph-GX in PikaRom.

I think your deck has at least some potential to see play if it gets out there. Maybe it won’t win worlds, but maybe that’s not the point. All I can do is ask two questions:

1. I know you’ve played your deck against the main top tier decks, but have you played against your deck as ReshiZard, or MewMew, or PikaRom? Knowing how your opponent’s can play around your deck is key to making improvements to your play style and list.

2. Does this deck consistently do better than the decks your trying to beat? I’m not asking if it can beat them, as you’re pretty adamant on that front, but is it actually overall more consistent, harder hitting, faster and generally better than the decks you want to play against not only in that specific matchup but across the board?

(Also if you want to test with me on tcgone or PTCGO just hmu. I don’t need to see your list to play against it :) )

Okay, I’m going to briefly stick my foot into this one.

Look, this is just my two cents but in my experience a dozen tournaments is nowhere near enough playing to “know” the format. I’m nowhere near what you’d call a “competitive player” but it seems to me that the people who reach success sink hundreds to thousands of hours into testing not only their deck but every other deck in the format as well. I spend almost all of my free time playing or reading about Pokémon, and, for example, I still don’t know how to fully utilise Wobbuffet or Sigilyph-GX in PikaRom.

I think your deck has at least some potential to see play if it gets out there. Maybe it won’t win worlds, but maybe that’s not the point. All I can do is ask two questions:

1. I know you’ve played your deck against the main top tier decks, but have you played against your deck as ReshiZard, or MewMew, or PikaRom? Knowing how your opponent’s can play around your deck is key to making improvements to your play style and list.

2. Does this deck consistently do better than the decks your trying to beat? I’m not asking if it can beat them, as you’re pretty adamant on that front, but is it actually overall more consistent, harder hitting, faster and generally better than the decks you want to play against not only in that specific matchup but across the board?

(Also if you want to test with me on tcgone or PTCGO just hmu. I don’t need to see your list to play against it :) )

Thank you for being the most relevant and interested person with some good questions!

To answer your first one, I play test daily 24/7 with use of my opponents deck to see how my deck does against me, I get smoked. I use it I smoke others, it’s that plan and simple! I just battled Pikarom, the 1 deck I have not battled since using this masterpiece and it totally got dominated , they were lucky to get 2 prizes, shutting off their free retreat killed them!

Question 2 yeah I haven’t even had a single bad start with it, generic starts, but not bad starts if you know what I mean. Pokémon has always been my specialty. I created the Regigigas lv x deck, I created a less popular deck but good none the less PG-13, i say this respectively, but I do feel my mind in cards is always on a higher level than most.

The only play testing I do with others is usually FaceTime. I’ve been out of the game for 2 years, so idk what everyone uses these days, I stick to casual play testing with my buddies or myself

Theoretical deck has fun theoretical mirror: I evolved into glaceon, now you can't, i win.

So I decided to build it and test it out last night with Bokoblin's list and the little information you have given us.

FIRST OFF!!
1.) You DO NOT get to cop out of this one. Learn to communicate your decklist better. Do not come in being arrogant about a list you barely tested out
2.) You DO NOT get to say something along the lines of "Well I built my list differently....Well I have XYZ in this deck to help out....Well maybe you just played it badly....Well it works for me." NO. We have been jumping through hoops trying to get you to tells us in detail about the deck but you refuse to do so.
3.) Next time post in the deck garage and ask for help on how to build your deck and post the full list. It saves us pages trying to argue on little things that aren't even related to the decklist.

Description: The deck is super inconsistent that I'm battling myself just to get a glaceon attacking. And there is waaaaaay too much effort just to do 90 damage, which is enough for most other decks but not enough for a 2 prizer that takes too long to set up. Welder+ different Energy attachment seems easy enough but there are just too many combo pieces for that to work. And utilizing Judge hurts your consistency to get those combo pieces up and rolling. And Glaceon's ability seems cool on paper but you are only stopping two pokemon, Mewthree and Dedenne. As I stated before you have a good matchup against mewthree and you slow down Dedenne but that's it. Only doing 90 damage is critical because that's just a 2HKO on non-gx pokemon. and barely a 3HKO on most TTGXs.

I played a large amount of matches last night. I only had one "clean" win while my other two wins came from my opponent bricking with the rest of my losses coming from being inconsistent, bricking and being overwhelmed.

Gardeon: PTCGO threw a lot of gardeon at me. This is a completely one side match because glaceon/articuno has no way to consistently do damage against it while it healed up all the damage I was giving it.

Malamar: One win came from them bricking and I was slowly building up Glaceon one energy at a time. the other went exactly as I said it would. Mew exists. I could not custom mew because I was too busy trying not to brick by using my custom catchers early on. And Blizzard town was LOL because it was immediately replaced with a viridian forest the turn after I put it down. I got one attack off that game and it went badly

Abilityzard: Remember what I said about abilityzard list testing out the deck without Reshizard. Well it worked out wonders because they just overwhelmed me and gusted everything up to quickly take the game. Another game they bricked and still got the win because glaceon is only doing 90 damage. Which isn't enough to KO Turtonator.

Blacephelon: This was my only "clean" win. Everything in my hand drew PERFECTLY this game. Welder two fire into water energy, 2 Glaceon in play, and slowed them down making them whiff their beast ring turn because they couldn't dig with Naganadel GX and Dedenne. This played out perfectly. But I wouldn't bank on games playing out like this all the time. Drawing everything off a welder every turn and being a "counter" to blacephelon.

Rowletteggs grass box: same with Gardeon but worse. With their levanny you can't even spread damage around while they are easily healing off all the damage you are dishing out.

Green's Reshizard: Played two of them I lost both of them. Bricked the first one, and got overwhelmed the second one.

Lucario Melmetal: LOL, yeah that was %100 one sided that PTCGO decided to throw them a bone for the free win.

Pikarom: Yeah I slowed their Dedenne down but I was struggling to get another eevee on the bench and they just TagBolted GX me because why not right?

Mewthree: They didn't throw me one Mewthree because PTCGO probably knew that was a one sided match.

Conclusion: I did not ONCE use Dewgong. Not once did I get the chance to nor did I want to. I spent a lot of effort to do 60 in two spots...Yay?? I'm already struggling to get a Glaceon attacking, it would've been harder and a step backwards to attack with Dewgong. Cyrus is....Well I don't understand cyrus in this deck. I never used it either. You're spreading damage with Glaceon and now you're giving your opponent an opportunity to heal their pokemon? This is not the deck for Cyrus

Glaceon was a pretty good pokemon but right now in this metagame it's just not doing enough. Next set we have red&Blue and there will be more a need to for glaceon's ability with the next Silvally GX and Volcarona coming through.

Your deck is.....Well I won only one game out of maybe 20ish games so I believe that speaks for itself. Next time don't be an arrogant child while bragging about a deck being good while it clearly isn't. This is the SECOND time this has happened. We are all gladly willing to help improve a deck or critique but it's a two way street. You can't post saying "Trust me it's good, I don't need to go into detail about it, figure it out." Otherwise what are you trying to accomplish?

Then you have a generic list or your playing isn’t that great. Message me!

I get turn two Glaceon every time, I also get a second Glaceon pumped on turn 3 and so on. Stop flipping out because YOU didn’t have success with it, I have overly success with it. I’m still undefeated with the deck and consistency is no where close to a problem. Not even close!

Not a list, but I am willing to help yes. It’s seems your struggling to understand the concept of Cyrus, it’s a card you only use if you’re opponent has a bench full of material they need, for instant Malamar takes up 2/4 bench space on average on a good list. It also helps put Pokémon into their deck before you reset stamp forcing them to draw more consistent “bad draws”. Dewgong on the other has its spot and is mainly a counter for malamar, though weakness in fire decks help too. Hit for 120 & 60 to a bench such as a tortanator or something where you can better kill for next turn.

Last edited:
Well I’m just gonna stay silent in this thread until a list is posted. No point asking the same question multiple times.

One person's already been testing what we KNOW of the deck. I'm completely willing to also test it if a list is provided, so I can help pass a consensus to see if the deck's meant to be what you say it is. I'm not denying that you have good ideas in concept, but we've already seen one person's results, whether or not they show a trend we're yet to see since all we have going in terms of results is @jamashawalker 's games and what you're claiming, which can't be proven. I am fully willing to log results and try this out extensively just to help people arrive at some form of a consensus, and possibly even provide my own spin or advice to this deck, but only if a list can be provided. I'm not going to test this out accurately unless I know what I'm in for. This isn't about me wanting a deck to play, I'm content with playing Archie's in expanded myself. But I want to work with your list to, as I've said, help come up with a consensus.

Jamashwalker message me and I will help you figure out where you aren’t going right and get you to see a better opinion on it, that’s my goal with you.

It’s no where near bad, yes Eggs wasn’t good, that was my deck when I was playing my friend and I just got back into the game, I now have gained experience again and I have beaten every deck on that list except Pikarom because I have yet to test against it. Dude don’t get me started I have won more tournaments cities states and higher than you can count in a deck. Get real, when you know what you’re talking about. All you use is custom to get around mew easy solution.

Can you tell me in which year you won all of these tournaments? How much CP did you earn at this time?

Then you have a generic list or your playing isn’t that great. Message me!

Someone better pick up that phone BECAUSE I CALLED IT!!! hahahaha

As I said it my post....YOU DO NOT GET TO SAY THAT

I can't tell what you are doing right now...

"Hey guys I have a great list that wins games, but I'm not going to tell you it's up to you guys to figure it out. Trust me it wins and I don't need to provide a list or go into much detail of how it plays just know that it wins because I'm a veteran player(14 years old really) who has won many tournaments."

"O you played it and losing? Well obviously you're playing my list(That I have not provided) wrong. I am undefeated and still super consistent without providing any details of the decks I played against nor how my deck plays. Just know it wins."

LOL what is this behavior?

Consistent throughout my whole time in tcg, I had a worlds invite in 07, but financially wasn’t able to make it. Why? I am the leader of the the former Team Typhoon, Pokebeach’s biggest and most popular team full of champion level players of all time! I was leading our team to accomplish success at Regionals Nationals, worlds, you name it. I am trying to help you and it’s not getting anywhere but complaining, whining & I've only seen a few post in which I’ve been able to have a conversation about the deck with some relevant questions. That’s it, for that case you won’t see me on here posting anymore unless someone wants to receive advice or discussion on this gem of a deck. Good luck!

Last edited:
And NO. I do not/will not provide you with my deck list for your bad deck because clearly you don't have one. Also I don't want anyone to steal my "secret list";)want to prove its not a losing deck, provide US with info then lol

Consistent throughout my whole time in tcg, I had a worlds invite in 07, but financially wasn’t able to make it. Why? I am the leader of the the former Team Typhoon, Pokebeach’s biggest and most popular team full of champion level players of all time! I was leading our team to accomplish success at Regionals Nationals, worlds, you name it. I am trying to help you and it’s not getting anywhere but complaining, whining & I've only seen a few post in which I’ve been able to have a conversation about the deck with some relevant questions. That’s it, for that case you won’t see me on here posting anymore unless someone wants to receive advice or discussion on this gem of a deck. Good luck!
You're going to completely ignore what I offered to do? Man, and I was excited to try out and discuss this so-called gem of a deck. I really wanted to help this thread out too, not just the people here, but you as well. If it ends up being a good deck, I'll give you all the credit in the world. I'm willing to ask questions to see your methods, I'm willing to give feedback, and am willing to discuss this deck here for not just you but everyone else here. The only reason people are complaining is because you're being stubborn and drumming up something you WANT questions and feedback for, but barely give anyone a place to start. I'm not going to steal and spread your list around or take credit for it or something if that's what you're so scared of. As I said, I'm content with my Archie's. I just want to offer some help in this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back