Ruling Unown's Ability

Yeah. The game considers it a different Unown, even if it's the same physical card.

I know i SHouldnt be able to write something here but, a same post was posted about that and the MOD My little Keldeo said:

It would be considered the same Unown, and therefore you couldn't use Farewell Letter again until your next turn. The catch here is that Unown is being moved from one public zone (your Discard Pile) to another (your Bench), and the game does keep track of cards in public zones (A public zone is a zone where cards are face up and visible to all players, such as in play, your Discard, etc.). This is different than a card putting Unown into a private zone such as with Buddy-Buddy Rescue (your hand) or Super Rod (your deck). Once a card goes into a private zone (where cards are not face up, such as your deck or hand), the game "forgets" that a card did anything. If Unown were to go into a private zone, Farewell Letter would reset. However, since Revive is moving Unown between two public zones, this doesn't happen.

soo.... what is the real answer?

Update: As of 12/11/15, this is the correct ruling, as was recently added to the Compendium by the Rules Team.

Q. Can I play Unown onto my bench, activate its "Farewell Letter" ability to discard it, and then use Revive to put it back onto the bench and use "Farewell Letter" again?
A. Yes, you can. (Dec 3, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

Source: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthrea...r-3rd-2015&s=3c0db11b6159a0a654614dac8ed53b68

Back