• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Unown Discard Pile (Unown HAND, Raichu UNB, Galvantula TEU)

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Skitty CES 120
* 4 Zangoose TEU 132
* 2 Delcatty CES 121
* 2 Joltik TEU 47
* 2 Pikachu CIN 30
* 2 Galvantula TEU 48
* 2 Raichu UNB 55
* 2 Unown LOT 91

##Trainer Cards - 16

* 2 Lusamine CIN 96
* 1 Stealthy Hood UNB 186
* 1 Po Town BUS 121
* 4 Sophocles BUS 123
* 2 Gladion CIN 95
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Whitney LOT 193
* 1 Brock's Grit TEU 135

##Energy - 26

* 26 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Disclaimer, this is a dumb deck. It might be salvageable, but probably not. Still I had fun trying to make it work so I thought I'd post it here in case I am missing any obvious fixes to make it win more than very occasionally. If you can think of anything, let me know. Also if you played against me on ptcgo while I was testing, lol, sorry to waste your time and you're welcome for the free win.

The strategy here is to chain zangoose attacks to put pokes in your hand and energy in the discard, try to chain sophocles and whitney at the same time to draw (and put even more energy in the discard with soph), wait to evolve galvantula until you get po town in hand to put damage on it, and when your opponent has taken 3 or 4 prizes, use raichu's attack to get ideally 20 or so energy onto galvantula to be acerola'ed next turn into unown hand for win.
Delcatty and lusamine are there to get stuff back because chances are you accidentally discard lots of supporters, brock is just in case your opponent doesn't bother taking prizes so you can just slowly get the energy into hand the dumb way, hood is a staple in any hand deck to circumvent a-muk, and gladion to find anything that is prized.

Last edited:
Not the same deck, but a new post rotation idea based on this raichu and the alolan raichu in GG end. Zebstrika tons of lightning into discard, go down 3 prizes, "never give up" all energy onto a pikachu, evolve into alolan raichu and do 30 damage to any pokemon for each lightning discarded. 20 energy is 600 damage total, that's 2 tag teams, or maybe you've spread some damage already and it's enough to wipe their bench entirely. If they gust you, just have a backup pikachu and do it again, they'd have to gust you 3 times in a row to stop you. If they don't gust you, gust their mew active if they have it, kill it first, and then I assume you can hit the bench, although I'm not sure on that one. Could be pretty nuts with no guzma in format.

EDIT Yeah after checking rulings, you'd have to get rid of mew beforehand, or find a way to turn it off somehow (assuming some kind of ability lock outside of slaking returns).

Last edited:
I love this combo. Looks like too many steps. I think where I would lose is the opponent's turn after you do Raichu's attack; I would inevitably get Guzma'd, they'd KO the Pokémon with the Lightning energy on it, and that would be game.

NOW, if there was some way to stop your opponent from playing Guzma…

I love this combo. Looks like too many steps. I think where I would lose is the opponent's turn after you do Raichu's attack; I would inevitably get Guzma'd, they'd KO the Pokémon with the Lightning energy on it, and that would be game.

NOW, if there was some way to stop your opponent from playing Guzma…
Sorry for the confusion, my initial list was standard but the last post was just me musing about post rotation, so there won't be guzma. The initial list puts the energy on a galvantula which can't be guzma'd anyway. In the second concept, if they do gust your pikachu with custom catcher or ninetales, your never give up is active still for the following turn. And the secret sauce vs. ninetales might actually be solrock and lunatone (turns off fire abilities if solrock is in play), which could be fun post rotation.

Back