unofficial please don't put scans in your sig thread

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
I've seen way too many signatures with 1 or 2 PB scans, one of those scans has the length of an average post, so I have to scroll down 2 posts to see the next posts, and for what? why would you need to put scans in your signature?, we probably know about the card, a tiny image of the card would be a lot more pleasant, maybe even only the image, a signature can be useful for recognition, but please, don't make your signature needlessly long.
also, some of the sig-makers here on PB make rather large sig, this is also really annoying sometimes
I also notice that my comp is working slower when a certain sig is in the screen, if you make you sig yourself, i would suggest to save it as a PNG, it is as good as a BMP, but uses almost no bytes, sometimes the different isn't really huge, but sometimes it is, for example: the blue 100x100 image in my sig: BMP: 29.3 kB PNG: 6.80kB, that's 4 times as small

just to let everyone know, if some-one agrees or disagrees with me on this, please reply :)

And while I'm at it, I'm also asking for a max sig length and size, thanks in advance :)

I'm "not" placing my opinion on this but aren't you guys being a little lazy. If you can understand what I mean

Jreeves

If it's not too big where the mods need to re-size it, it's ok. Like jreeves said, stop being lazy.

we're lazy because you double our screen length, LOL

BTW, CC? I can scroll down so that your sig fills up my entire screen, do you really need all those white lines in the end?, or are you too lazy too remove them?

anyhow, I just don't like scrolling down while I could be reading something, that's not lazy, that's not wanting to waste time scrolling, I think something like 300 pix would have to be the maximum length, and I mean maximum

if some-one could give me one good reason why a sig should be long, then I might think about it, and don't go like "there's not enough space", yes there is, resize, or just don't put that much needless stuff in your sig

I do think that they shouldn't have scans in their sig. They should just cut it up and put the part they want in their sig. That'd be much better IMO.

Arcanine out.

cute-mew said:
we're lazy because you double our screen length, LOL

BTW, CC? I can scroll down so that your sig fills up my entire screen, do you really need all those white lines in the end?, or are you too lazy too remove them?

anyhow, I just don't like scrolling down while I could be reading something, that's not lazy, that's not wanting to waste time scrolling, I think something like 300 pix would have to be the maximum length, and I mean maximum

if some-one could give me one good reason why a sig should be long, then I might think about it, and don't go like "there's not enough space", yes there is, resize, or just don't put that much needless stuff in your sig

I don't think that's for us to decide. I think it's the mod's say as we can't do anything about it. Even if it's you saying people shouldn't have scans in their sigs, not everyone will listen. And what white lines are you talking about?

Well, since these forums originate from USA, the free land, I suppose the members can do whatever they like that is not prohibited by the rules of this forums.

But I do find it a hassle to scroll down all the time -_-.

It gets very annoying having to scroll down after reading a post because of Card Scans. Well, Banners can be made with a Smaller dimension size by resizing them using Imageshack, Photobucket, Adobe Photoshop, or any other program which provides the use of cropping, recoloring, and any other basic art "making".

@Jreeves: Having to complain about scrolling down is not because that the certain person is lazy, but it the PERSON with the Sig that is lazy. Why would I say this? Well, they can always save the URL of a Card Scan and Resize it themselves. Also, they could request from Shops at the Fan Creation Forum to get themselves a banner. Not saying that I don't disagree with you if you meant it the other way round.

I admit I do too find it a hassle. c-m, you say that my sig fits the whole page when you look at it. Ok, to save the hassle for everyone else, this should be, like 1/3 of what my former sig was.

completely agree with what cute-mew says. Just look at my suicune cropped from the scan of TM/TA. Isn't it just as magnificent? ;)

Clean out you cookies and cache and scan your computer and optimize it 1-2 times a week and it should not be that bad and if that doesnot work there are to many pixils on screen and your computer needs more RAM to take the big images. Anyway make it so it fits the page and make sure it is not to big.:)

chimaera ex: yeah, that size is pretty acceptable.

OK, as long as your sig isnt too long, thats ok. As long as the majority of the members dont need to scroll too much, mods should accept it.

If you don't like having to look at everyone's sigs, just go to your User CP > Thread View Options > Uncheck "Display users' signatures in their posts". If their avatars are bothering you too, just uncheck that as well. If you do that, you'll be able to load pages faster.

It's not like I don't want to see signatures, I just don't want to see huge signatures, with 1 or 2 scans, I'm not going to turn off sigs just because of some people putting scans in it -.-
HS, are you honestly saying that people should put everything in their sig, because "you can turn ALL OF THEM off", that's just silly, I like sigs, just not the huge ones

Actually there sould be another option for what size signatures you want to show. For example there should be an option for big medium and small signature or all if you want all because some of us can't take all the pixils needed to show the signature.:)

Back