Unlimited Discussion

Shining Crobat EX

The Data of Existence
I developed this little discussion-square to talk about single cards from all TCG groups (from Basic-EX). Let's talk about the nastiest cards in the game or broken if u will. I would like to start with "Slowking, Neo Genesis (Mind Games)", very nasty card, the power to flip a coin when ur opponent activates a trainer and if tails it goes on top his deck instead! I believe all slowkings should be a little more like that broken one (sarcastically speaking of course, so many mind games Slowkings would be havoc!!!) What do u think about Mind Games slowking? What cards would u like to disscuss (from any set)?

Blastoise

Teh Noob
RE: TCG talk

Muk, probably one of the most useful (yet most overlooked Pokemon out there). Sure, this thing is quite defensive, and if your opponent does not use a Poke-Power, then it is pretty much useless. However, in unlimited tournaments, you'll definitely see a couple of Rain Dance decks (not to mention other Powers).
It is suspectable to Gust of Wind, but what isnt?

My friend sports a couple of Muk in his Wigglytuff (Do the Wave) deck, and it works out extremely well.

Shining Crobat EX

The Data of Existence

yes I, being a once Muk EX & suicune EX user, also agrees on Muk being a good stomper in unlimit. tourneys. They just made a Muk similar to the EX version as well in LM I believe, although i miss slimy water on the older version. Golem EX was really good as well. I particulary liked Dusclops (Sandstorm), very hard to knock down (from experince), very hard, lol! What I would like to make clear is Aerodactyl EX's Primal Lock, which made it pretty much the Pokemon-version Jinzo, no poke-tools only for ur opponent, the only backside is it's attacks which are a little below proficient for an EX, altough better than the first EXs (heck, wat aren't?). I can't seem to find a source, can n-e 1 give me a tournament that's in or close to Baltimore?

bass_forte

ANet FTW.

Wanna make this the unlimited discussion thread? I think that instead of having one big topic for all discussions, we should split them up separately..

Mjadex123

hmm... could you remind me what was the BROKEN cards that everyone used alot other than Slowking NG and Sneasel NG.... i was not very well aware during the Neo days.

RanRan

xiaoyu lover

cleffa, tyrogue, pichu, murkrow, chaos gym, game changing cards. cleffa = every deck in unlimited, samd with tyrogue, and how many times is there ftkos with rouge ><. murkrow no bench lock = almost instant win, or slap down a chaos gym and watch them fail gusts lol. Pichu + band = die almost any deck with powers, yes that includes slowking (thats y many have center techs)

Shining Crobat EX

The Data of Existence

The Neo Typhlosion was good (Fire Boost), it was pretty much the 1 turn kill but u would probably want to use scramble energy on it. Fire Boost let u searched for up to 4 Fire energies in ur deck n attach them to Typhlosion, Then Flame wheel made u discard 3 enrgies, deal 90 damage, and 20 to ur opponent's benched Pokémon. It was great to pull out for swift kills but required timing to keep using shortly after. Neo Typhlosion (Fire Recharge) was ok, but was better to use if u had both Neo Typhlosions in ur deck. A lot of people used like 2 of each in their decks at that time. Like it was said before, Cleffa (Eeeek) shuffled ur hand into ur deck then let u drew 7 cards, which made it a normal-type Pokémon featured as a permanent Prof. Oak. Eco-Gym was the whirlpool-proof stadium that returned non-colorless energies back to ur hand when discarded by an effect. Neo Bellossum (Sweet Nectar) was ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!! I used to use a deck with 2 of them in my old Sandstorm deck and trust me, they were good. Sweet Nectar (one grass energy) Flip, if heads u could completely heal all damage from 1 of ur Pokémon. I would use my Aerodactyl EX or my Golem EX n when they got weak, use tons of switch cards and completely healed them in a turn. One of the best combo's that was ever in the game. Wobbuffet (Counter) was, well im not gonna say good because it basically depended on luck alone, so i wont say good, but exceptional. Counter pretty much exactly copies the opponent's move that depended on a flip to land on heads, 1 psychic energy, no other neccessary energies needed at all, so Golem EX was a easier knock-down faster if u used it with a lot of luck. To me, they should have at least gave it another attack that would just be a physical (no effect applied) that would do like 20 damage or something. 50+ would be achieving EX! Is that enough info. Jade, lol?!?

Blastoise

Teh Noob
RE:  TCG talk

Shining Crobat EX said:
The Neo Typhlosion was good (Fire Boost), it was pretty much the 1 turn kill but u would probably want to use scramble energy on it. Fire Boost let u searched for up to 4 Fire energies in ur deck n attach them to Typhlosion, Then Flame wheel made u discard 3 enrgies, deal 90 damage, and 20 to ur opponent's benched Pokémon. It was great to pull out for swift kills but required timing to keep using shortly after. Neo Typhlosion (Fire Recharge) was ok, but was better to use if u had both Neo Typhlosions in ur deck. A lot of people used like 2 of each in their decks at that time.
I wholeheartedly disagree with Fire Boost Typhlosion is better than Fire Recharge Typhlosion. Back in the older days of the Modified format, it was the realm of evolutions - whoever dealt out most damage wins. Sure, Fire Boost Typhlosion guarenttee a quick KO if you need it, but it also knocks everyone of your own Pokemon for 20. That is really bad if you stock up on Babies - which we all did, it was a stable.

On the other hand, Fire Recharge Typhlosion ran extremely well with Magcargo (Neo 3). Margcargo delt a LOT of damage with discarded energies, and two or three Typhlosion kept the onslaught going... point is - Fire Recharge >>> Fire Boost (from past experience, tournament archetypes, and personal opinion).