'Unified Minds,' August's SM11 Set!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
They really put Malamar in the theme deck for some random set a year later .... ? ? ? ?

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
These are great!!!! Really hoping it's the energy acceleration one!!!

Edit: yes it must be because that's the only Psychic one! Yaaassss I need two of these decks for PTCGO haha

Edit 2: That's also the Dragonite that charges up Birds TTGX for consistent big damage :eek:

Last edited:

Shafninja

Aspiring Trainer
Apart from Dragonite and poke comms there's no real reason to get the dragon theme deck. Lillies and cynthias are in necrozma but also malamars and mysterious treasures.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
My opinion about theme deck format

Necrozma
Not having stage 2, having 2 mysterious treasure and 2 Malamar make Necrozma deck the best of these two, Silvally its a decent attacker especially with Malamar help to charge them, Gumshos its not terrible with only 2 atachments and doing 90 its an easy kill on turn 2 and Necrozma can kill anything with the weak guard energy the problem gonna be find that two energys, also U-turn board is clearly for having an extra card of Audino each turn but the problem I see is that escape board was a better choice to deal with Ampharos, Necrozma only have 1 switch to avoid parallysis so its gonna be the worst match up for Necrozma

Dragonite
Pokemon communicatioon its a good search, not as good as mysterious treasure but will help to set up Dragonite, its probably the Lanturn for Celestial Storm so its a good attacker, Tornadus have the potential to put a lot of pression hurting every pokemon on your opponent bench and Dragonite can defeat any other pokemon in the format, not a fan of a Pidgeot line but Pidgeottos will be very helpfull, the only bad part of the deck are the high cost on most attacks and not other options to charge pokemons apart from Dragonite, its not appear early on the match gonna be painful just like Ampharos or Blastoise decks

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
These are fine for the cards, but competitively against Ampharos and the team up decks I don't see it. Better than the UNB decks though.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Lightning Loop is goddamn OP. Use it!

Not really. Lightning Loop either ends up either finding its Magnezone on the first three turns, or it ends up dying when it's unable to. The Lost Thunder decks have easy counters against the shenanigans this deck enjoys to play, and Charizard/Blastoise are much more consistent.

As for these theme decks, Necrozma seems both an amazing base for a Malamar deck, and also particularly good with so many high power attackers. Tauros is particularly strong against the Lost Thunder decks, KOing every single evolving basic. Necrozma does 100-160, Gumshoos 90, Silvally 120, so you're not lacking in strong attackers, really.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Not really. Lightning Loop either ends up either finding its Magnezone on the first three turns, or it ends up dying when it's unable to. The Lost Thunder decks have easy counters against the shenanigans this deck enjoys to play, and Charizard/Blastoise are much more consistent.

As for these theme decks, Necrozma seems both an amazing base for a Malamar deck, and also particularly good with so many high power attackers. Tauros is particularly strong against the Lost Thunder decks, KOing every single evolving basic. Necrozma does 100-160, Gumshoos 90, Silvally 120, so you're not lacking in strong attackers, really.

I can't say I agree or even know what you mean. I've had more success with lighting loop than I've seen people use Relentless Flame.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
How many times in average have you played theme format in the latest 3 months?

I can tell you with a particularly huge base of played games (theme format is what I default to when playing my 11 daily games even though I have viable standard decks) that Lightning Loop is not problematic for any of the Lost Thunder and Relentless Flame. Not to mention that Lightning Loop is an outright rarity, like the Sceptile and the Swampert theme decks. It just doesn't work in average against faster and more consistent decks.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
I spend all my tickets on theme tournaments and in a lull before a rotation I play theme by default when not dreaming up wacky decks. Ampharos played correctly is the only counter to charizard played correctly i.e. rapidash spam while setting up zards and queens.
I can count losses to loop on one hand... team up decks accelerate even better than magnezone and Ampharos can hit 80 turn 2 sometimes, plus that whole paralysis gimmick and weakness against dodrio. Playing it myself I found the deck lives and dies by magnezone and lacks even timer ball to find it.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I'm just now noticing that there are GXs missing full art/alt-full art/RR cards. Not complaining really, but seems weird to be missing so many.

Espeon & Deoxys
Jirachi
Umbreon & Darkrai
Weavile

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
All four of them are from a pre-made deck in Japan that was released with Miracle Twins rather than from the set itself, that's why.