Underrated games

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of
We all have that game that we love and no one else has heard of. What is yours? Lets share some underrated games so that they can be more well known. For me...right now

Crash 'N' Burn

I forget how I got this game...I tried to rack my brain to remember where it came from but I don't really care...it's an amazing game. Building and customizing your car is pretty easy and you can make a pretty awesome looking car...but that doesn't matter how it looks. Racing I would say is pretty dull actually but the different kinds of events you can do are the places where this game shines. Kamikaze racing is one of the best, 9 racers go one way on a track while the other 9 go the other and you play it like a normal race but trying to avoid your opponents and not get into head on crashes is fun, as you race and the more you crash the more your car gets beat up and your health bar goes down...once it's out you explode, but making your opponents explode gets you more boost.

Bomb Tag is one of the best ones as well. 18 cars start in an arena and 1-3 will get a bomb. They have to pass it to there opponents. If you are stuck with the bomb when the timer runs out then you die and lose the round.

Assassination in my favorite mode though. You are on teams once again split 9 and 9. One car on your team will be king and same for the other team. Your goal is to kill the other teams king...while protecting your own. It's fun to be the king of your team and run from the other team around the arena.

There are other modes like last man standing (pretty much a car mosh pit in an arena and who ever is last one alive wins), running man (pretty much bomb tag but you want the bomb to make your clock go down. The first one to run out of time is the winner.), and Team Racing.

I have other games that you most likely haven't heard of but I want to know your underrated games and what makes them so awesome :D

Zenith

||||
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veilhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klonoa_2:_Lunatea's_Veil for the PS2. Probably one of the best (if not the best) 2D platformers ever created, it surpasses its predecessor (recently remade for Wii) in every way, shape, and form...and no one played it. The game basically has it all: polished level design that make excellent use of the game's fun gimmick (picking up enemies), a perfect difficulty curve, one of the most beautifully written stories ever in a platformer - if not ever in a video game - filled with amazingly well-done plot twists and emotional moments, a goddamned excellent soundtrack, and fun and vibrant graphics. GO PLAY THIS GAME ASDFGHJKL;;;; (and while you're at it pick up the Wii remake of the first game)

Captain Oats

I'm worse than you at TCG.
Space Station Silicon Valley for the N64. Absolutely wonderful game, but next to nobody I know has even heard of it. Extremely addictive and fun gameplay, and very glitchy.
The game looks like it could have been made by Rare Ltd's goofy cousin, and I mean that in a good way. It has somewhat of a Banjo-Kazooie-esque gamestyle to it, bright and colorful landscapes with cleverly designed worlds and fun enemies. The plot is simple, but it gets the job done, while still being intriguing enough, and let's you experience a very unique kind of game that I, at least, haven't seen very often. You crash on a space station inhabited by an array of robotic animals across a myriad of different habitats and you have to complete a number of different tasks that ultimately lead you to your goal of saving the earth. You play primarily as a computer chip that can control any of these animals that have been deactivated, so you are constantly switching between them as they each have specific abilities (flight, swimming, carrying something, etc) that let you do whatever it is you need to. It's just a feel good video game that never gets old. You can pick it up for about $5, and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Star Wars Demolition for the Playstation. There isn't much to say about this game. It doesn't try to be anything more than it is, and it excels at what it does. There is a lot to this game once you understand it, but even if you don't you still enjoy the game to no end.
There are a few different modes you can play, but they all pretty much revolve around destroying everyone else. You can play as about 15 (I think) different land based 'ships' that range from Boba Fett's jetpack to a desert skiff to the Rancor. Each vehicle has a special weapon unique to them and a standard laser. Other than that you pick up various weapons around the maps as your secondary weapons. Each of the levels are very different and they all have fun little secrets to them or unique power-ups (exploding walls, invincibilities, etc) and the environments are interactive. Well, to an extent. It's a pretty early playstation game, so it isn't incredibly in-depth as far as that goes, but stuff definitely explodes. It's just sort of a mindless fighter game, but Star Wars, so it's incredibly addicting.

Fuzion Frenzy for Xbox. Probably the most well known of these 3, but still some people don't know about it somehow. It's a fantastic party game.
There isn't anything else to say about this, it's just a party game. The whole game is just a bunch of random and incredibly fun minigames.

edit: guess I could have gone into a bit more detail.

reshiram36

Cupcakes anyone?
Just Cause 2, The game is just one big sandbox. You get thrown on a huge island and you can do pretty much anything. It is for Xbox 360.

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
Monster Tale, DS

It got good ratings but nobody played it. You fight along with your pet monster an save the world. Great concept, I mean by the gameplay and such. Shame it's only 10 hours worth of main story.

Cave Story, PC

Yeah, believe it or not that 3DS game with kiddy cover art you see on the shelf of Gamestop started as a PC game. It crawled onto the DSiware shop, and now it's remade for the the second time as an actual console game. It has everything, crisp old school graphics, catchy music, extremely deep story, and so much more. The difficulty in the DS version can be adjusted as well. Played through this game about 10 times, can't wait for the 3D version.

Four Swords, DSi Ware

Best free thing ever. I think the old Zeldas were the hardest, which is why I liked them. (not trying to discredit OOT, it's still entertaining. This doesn't apply to all Zeldas, Minish Cap was easier, if not easiest.) People always said Adventures was better. Let me tell you something...Adventures sucked. Did FSA have bonus content after it's easy main story? No. Was FSA free? No. I think it's not free for much longer so get yours soon!

Pipe Bomb

The Cult of Personality
Star Wars: TIE fighter. This game was awesome. The whole point was to kill rebels, and who doesn't enjoy that?

catutie

Mr. Tea said:
Four Swords, DSi Ware

Best free thing ever. I think the old Zeldas were the hardest, which is why I liked them. (not trying to discredit OOT, it's still entertaining. This doesn't apply to all Zeldas, Minish Cap was easier, if not easiest.) People always said Adventures was better. Let me tell you something...Adventures sucked. Did FSA have bonus content after it's easy main story? No. Was FSA free? No. I think it's not free for much longer so get yours soon!

I got it. It's actually pretty fun, I don't know if there is multiplayer like the GC version but it is a fun game. Basically a Co-op old school Zelda game. No explinations, no mercy...like the first Zelda game :p. I like it and you even start out with 6 hearts :O

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
catutie said:
I got it. It's actually pretty fun, I don't know if there is multiplayer like the GC version but it is a fun game. Basically a Co-op old school Zelda game. No explinations, no mercy...like the first Zelda game :p. I like it and you even start out with 6 hearts :O

There is a multiplayer, it's just like the other two. Sure, people got it, but feew appreciate how lucky we are to get an old school Zelda, when we were promised we wouldn't.

Blah

DBT
Bastion. IDK if it's underrated, but I don't see a lot of people talking about it. It's an Xbox Live arcade game, and it's amazing and has an insane soundtrack that has won a bunch of awards.

Naked Snake

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Space Station Silicon Valley. I don't even think anyone's even heard of this game, but its still one of my favourite N64 games.

Speaking of the DSi Four Swords, I just beat it the Realm of Memories today!

EDIT: Just saw Captain Oats' post. I guess he's heard of Silicon Valley

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
Pipe Bomb said:
Star Wars: TIE fighter. This game was awesome. The whole point was to kill rebels, and who doesn't enjoy that?

I remember playing this and feeling sympathetic to the Empire. What a game that was.

catutie

Time to put up another one...because I just remembered this game

Buck Bumble

I remember playing this game for hours. The multiplayer was really fun and even the normal story mode was pretty good too. It was an easy game but it did it's job and it was a title you could replay and it wouldn't get to repetitive. It was a fun N64 shooter/action game. The only problem....the stupid grey fog off in the distance. It made it hard to see what was coming up. Ya that was because it was N64 and it can't produce acres of layout for you to see ahead...but look at other games like this that actually did have the ability to see farther ahead. It's a little of an annoyance but eh it's still a fun game.

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
deadly-creatures.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_Creatures

This. It got good reviews for the most part and won an award at E3 08, yet it had pitiful sales, most likely due to lack of advertisement. I thought that this game was very fun and unique, though it did have a few flaws in camera and graphics. You can read about it in that link, and I suggest you try it someday, you can find it very cheap nowadays...

catutie

^That game was very fun. The camera is what ruined it for me but it still was a fun game. The life of a spider is deadly....I never knew that they had so many enemies :p

The Fallen One

COWER, MORTALS
Both The Conduit and Conduit 2 are in my top 10 games of all time. The Conduit was the first game to show that shooting games can really control well on the Wii, but it got overhyped and ended up falling flat. So when Conduit 2 came out, which plays and handles better than the first game, it didn't sell very well at all. Both games received mediocre to really good scores, but they're not selling too well. :\ Shame too, I hope that this doesn't cancel Conduit 3.

catutie

The Fallen One said:
Both The Conduit and Conduit 2 are in my top 10 games of all time. The Conduit was the first game to show that shooting games can really control well on the Wii, but it got overhyped and ended up falling flat. So when Conduit 2 came out, which plays and handles better than the first game, it didn't sell very well at all. Both games received mediocre to really good scores, but they're not selling too well. :\ Shame too, I hope that this doesn't cancel Conduit 3.

I thought about grabbing the Conduit when it came out but never did, I wondered how they would pull off a serious shooter on the Wii...

catutie

Typhlosionwolf said:
The Ape Escape games. I love those games but barely anyone else seems to play them. :(

OOOOOOOOOOOOO I LURVE APE ESCAPE. I have 2 and 3 and beat them both multiple times :3