'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

matthewbny

no
Baby Pokemon return...sort of. Cleffa will be a good card to start off with, especially on the first couple of turns when you don't have to attack. Then when you're done with it, just sack it with Giovanni's Exile.

Crabominable seems to be an interesting deck, it's got the same attack as Lucario FAC. It has potential as a rogue deck because of Fighting Dojo and Diancie Prism Star.

Zierant

Murcielago
Sweet! Doesn’t this mean that all kanto pokemon now have an SM Card? Unova is seriously lacking SM cards...

Whoops, forgot about Alakazam line well besides that!

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
I'm seeing an under representation of how good that Weezing Card is. Use Koko in the early turns, then start using Weezing and finish the game with Lele! It's pretty bonkers how now you can stack this with shrine, and it's shrine for basics as well (R.I.P. Zapdos Jirachi, 2/2019 - 5/2019)

EdSpaged

Poison Pal
Interesting ruling question for y'all.

Baby Persians ability states:

Ability: Cats’ Gathering
Each of your Pokemon in play with a Cat Day attack pay no Energy to use their attacks.

I'm curious to know how this would interact with a card such as Shining Celebi, where each pokemon could use the attacks of it's previous evolutions.

For a simple example, If I have Shining Celebi and Baby Persian on bench, and Persian GX in the active slot.
Would Persian GX be able to attack for free?

My thought process is that it wouldn't be able to as it technically doesn't "have" a Cat Day attack, it is just has the ability to "use" the prior attacks. I am unsure though, thoughts?

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
Lost of people have asked about the ruling on Persian-GX and Persian. As far as I am aware, Persian-GX can't attack for free with the use of Shining Celebi or Memory Energy paired with regular Persian. This is because both Memory Energy and Shining Celebi both say that you can use the attacks of your prior evolutions. This means that the Pokemon does not have the attack, therefore Persian's ability shouldn't work. However, like with any of these, we'll just have to wait until the set comes out and TPCi announces the official rulings (or we just test them on PTCGO).

Yen

Aspiring Trainer
I think Crabominable's Fight Alone should be 50x and not 60x. That weakens the attack

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume - Good abilities on Gloom and Vileplume but on a coin flip combined with its bad atks, ehh?! 3-3/3/3
  • Venonat/Venomoth - Koga and snipe 90. 3/3
  • Charizard & Reshiram TTGX - With all the fire tricks in the format, no matter this will be a good deck. 5 Geodudes
  • Growlithe/Arcanine - ehh. Not buying it. 3/3
  • Darumaka/Darmanitan - ehh. Not buying it. 3/2
  • Volcanion - nuts on turn 1 going second. 4 Geodudes
  • Litten/Torracat/Incineroar - going out 1 of these and free choice band. 2-3/3/4
  • Salandit/Salazzle - I can go on that ability. 3/4
  • Blacephalon - U have to run 30 fire Energy to make this work. First atk, 10+50+30+30, and OHKO Decidueye. Second atk, GX without LZ the energy and from the hand. 4 Geodudes
  • Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath - although it hits big numbers, it doesn't convinced me. 3-3/2/3
  • Seel/Dewgong - ehh. 2/2
  • Krabby/Kingler - ehh-dom. 2/2
  • Stunfisk - can be a handy trick. 3 Geodudes
  • Alolan Muk & Muk TTGX - Expensive but it can work. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Gastly/Haunter/Gengar - Good abilities but lacking the ability to do huge KOs, maybe. And also, free RC on Gengar is a bonus. 3-3/3/4
  • Koffing/Weezing - this counters Zapdos/Jirachi and some Tag Teams. Also the spread atk for DCE is nuts handy. 3/4 because it can still get OHKO by Zoroark.
  • Mewtwo - 5 Geodudes because it can be a solid way to get supporters that you need.
  • Mew - It might have a low HP but unlike the Mr. Mimes, it has a decent atk along with the Bench Barrier. 5 Geodudes
  • Espurr/Meowstic - 6 points! Sorry. 3/3
  • Misdreavus/Mismagius - it gives the opportunity for your opponent, but it allows Surge and Counter cards work. 3/3-4
  • Machamp & Marshadow TTGX - Still very expensive. 3 Geodudes
  • Diglett/Dugtrio - OHKO Zoroark, OHKO Tapu Lele. 3/3
  • Cubone/Marowak - 140+40+20+30 = 230, Gardevoir is going down! 3/4
  • Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior <3 - I luv Rhyperior! Rhyperior is my favorite Pokemon. 2-3/2/3 (5 bcoz I luv Rhyperior)
  • Tyrogue/Cleffa/Happiny - gladly that the baby Pokemon, not #HeyNick!, return to the TCG, but they're too underwhelming They do on a coin flip and ends your turn. Tyrogue can snipe 30, Cleffa gets an Eeek mechanic, Happiny heals more. They have free RC and Elmmable, that's a bonus. 3/3/3
  • Landorus - Ok! Let's took the second atk. 60+20+40+30, Ehh. Not even a KO on a Lele but without the Choice Band, given that you also behind on prizes with Fighting Dojo, oops! You might do the second atk for a Counter Energy. So Choice Band and Diancie can KO a Zoroark, but not Pikarom, if you use Counter Energy for this atk. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Crawbrawler/Crabominable - ok 3/3-4
  • Murkrow/Honchkrow - Too bad no 60 HP Murkrow so that I can use Elm, but I use ULP Murkrow for my deck. This Honchkrow is super annoying to face with. 2-3/5
  • Spiritomb - Self-KO to activate Counter cards and effects, the atk is risky considering you doing self-damage. 3 Geodudes
  • Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile - against a Free Retreater, haha! Ya suck! Against a TTGX with a heavy RC, ok! Maybe Absol can do. 3-3/2/3
  • Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff - use to recover Special energy, too bad because its on an attack. Use Ditto to evolve it in Zoroark. 3/3
  • Cottonee/Whimsicott-GX - 4 Geodudes because once this KOed, you lose all of your energy.
  • Meowth/Persian-Persian-GX - Baby Persian's #HeyNick ability don't work on the GX unless you the ruling is active. On Persian-GX, I see its use on Zoroark, of course! To search for cards need for setup. Pop a Ditto then Persian GX. Use Triple Boost to pay the main atk's cost and do 190+30, KO Zoroark for 1 energy attachment. 3/3-4, 4
  • Doduo/Dodrio - ehh?! 2/2
  • Porygon/Porygon2/Porygon-Z - Unli attachment special energy is so nice! 3-3/3/4
  • Snorlax - It may not have the ability to OHKO a TTGX, it has an ability to regen every turn and can take advantage of Last Chance Potion because you have 150 HP. 4 Geodudes
  • Chatot - ehhh. 1 Geodude
  • Frost Ice Axe - Good to distrupt their top deck. 3 Geodudes
  • Dusk Stone - Cheats evolutions in a specific manner. 4 Geodudes
  • Fire Crystal - This or Fiery Flint? 4 Geodudes
  • Giovanni's Exile? Banishment? - good to clear Pokémon especially to those with come into play abilities. 5 Geodudes
  • Welder - 5 Geodudes
  • Red's Challenge - Its a supporter version of Computer Search. Bruh! 4 Geodudes
  • Fighting Dojo - 5 Geodudes and being behind on prizes can be easily managed.
  • Dust Island - Poison love. 3-4 Geodudes
  • TR cards - League Promos
  • Triple Boost Energy - 5 Geodudes and possible combos can work with this.

Last edited:

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
Fight Alone Crabonimable! I used to play Fight Alone Lucario when it was in standard so it makes me happy to see a new iteration of the same attack.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
When I heard that Baby Pokémon were returning in this set, I immediately began to wonder how they would interact with the rest of their pokémon families.

And the answer turned out to be that they simply don't. At all.

They can’t evolve into the other members of their families, they do not grant a special effect or boon if they are played together etc.

I don't know, it feels somewhat off-putting that these Baby Pokémon are technically completely stand-alone pokémon from the rest of their evolutionary line.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like people are grossly underestimating how busted that Mismagius can be. If you go second, use a Dusk Stone to evolve into it, KO it, and attach a Counter Energy and Counter Gain to a Pokemon, you can use a three-energy attack on your first turn.

Or even better: use a Fighting-type with Fighting Energy, Fighting Dojo and Diancie. The Landorus that's coming in this set could do 120 (60+40+20) damage, meaning it could OHKO PikaRom on your first turn.

Last edited:

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
The return of baby Pokemon is awesome! Too bad they are not connected to their evolutions and too bad there isn't a baby pokemon rule anymore!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Celebi says "Each of your evolved Pokemon can use any attack from its previous Evolutions. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)"
soooooooooooooo...
Unless in english it says something like "Your Pokemon that can use cat nap (I don't remember what the attack is called) can attack for free"
then no, celebi doesn't work
Memory energy is the same thing.
soooooooooooooooooooooo...
Can I get an F in the chat?
F
Im loving this set, it's wonderful to see some non staple Pokemon get GXs (Honchrkow, Whimsicott, Persian, etc).
They need to grow a spine and start making Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam cards again
It’s not that they don’t WANT to, it’s that the illusionist hasn’t reached an agreement with TPCI.
The only way to have alakazam is a tag team or a prism star.
Or, for a simpler statement, only as a Tag Team.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Queation is if all A rotating n not reprinting for us the main issue is rate candy there is no way its rotating this year, but it has A stamp on it.