'Unbroken Bonds,' May's English SM10 Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 9, 2019.

1. FourteenAlmonds Roasted, but not salty
    FourteenAlmonds

I am for sure going to get me a 4-4 Sharpedo line.

Yeah, I know it isn’t at all likely to be competitive, but I play Gyarados for fun too. It’ll be a pretty cheap deck to build if I go the same route with it and it’ll be fun to play in casuals.

Also, Malamar + Surprise Box looks like it could end up as a decent Rogue Deck at first glance, but it probably won’t work out since it can’t get OHKOs and many attackers rely on or interact with a specific energy type. PikaRom, Malamar, Blacephalon, Zoroark, Zapdos, etc are all total losses there, so it doesn’t look good unfortunately.

2. Laurier_Ex Ninja master
    Laurier_Ex

There are 3 cards that stand out for me: Buzzmosa TTGX, Reshizard TTGX and Marshchamp TTGX. Each of those look promising for Ninja Box. Buzzmosa for a surprise extra prize KO, Marshchamp TTGX as a Zoroark-Gx counter and Reshizard as a Celesaur TTGX and Buzzmosa counter. Ninja Box ftw.

Pokefam likes this.
  3. Ashblaze Full Art Supporter Hunter
    Ashblaze

GIOVANNI NOOOOOO!!! FIRST LADY NOW THIS, OH THE PAIN, THE PAAAAIIINNNN!!!

4. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

Meowstic/persian?

5. GymLdrJesse @jparkertcg
    GymLdrJesse

those green search secrets bout to be $$$$$$

6. TheKangaskhanKid Runs Alolan Ninetales
    TheKangaskhanKid

Advanced Member Member

Celesteela GX is a Normal type, not a Metal type.

7. The Fish Smells very fishy
    The Fish

Someone please read Clefairy's attack and tell me I'm not hallucinating.

8. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

9. iGeek256 I only use Electric types
    iGeek256

Where is the Venasaur-GX?

10. NicoNoo Meta/budget player
    NicoNoo

Waiting until the set where they focus on grass mons once again.

Also Fighting Dojo will be crazy good for those Hitmon family decks that have been making the rounds lately, alongside Garchomp (that bless God keeps everything post-rotation) and Lucario/Lycanroc decks.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  11. MystikX Aspiring Trainer
    MystikX

Chilling with Celebi

12. starg09 Aspiring Trainer
    starg09

Pure speculating, but i wouldn't be surprised if that Japanese remix set coming in a couple months brings it. I'd be weird to only get charizard and blastoise as gxs, but no venusaur (and I think the same with blaziken and sceptile having a gx, but no swampert)

13. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Ah, I forgot that Magnezone/Zeraora is a thing, especially with Electropower nowadays.
    Blastoise GX is underwhelming. A 60x as the modifier is super good, but the deck isn’t the most accessible place to have to pull Energy from again.
    Whimsicott GX, while being a big meme, also has a really good GX attack. Beware!
    How ironic that the Dusk Stone is going to be giving me nightmares.
    Martial Arts Dojo? Eh, Fighting Dojo was better. I LOVE that Buzzwole can’t use this. That’s the best clause I’ve ever seen on any card ever.
    Welder is going to be making an influence in the Blacephalon and other Fire decks meta for sure. If this card was for another type, say Fighting, I wouldn’t have stopped ranting by now.
    Ah, TCE brings Evolution Pokémon back onto the scene! Silvally GX will surely be pumped up. Lickilicky can now meme for a single attachment. Awrodactyl can subvert the regular GX meta for a single attachment. Even Gardevoir GX can utilize this for an extra 90 damage! That’s a lot. So can baby Gardy from who knows what set can end up attacking for a single energy.
    TCE is by far one of the most exciting cards in a while.

14. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Honestly Baby Swampert almost fills the GX slot because of its making waves in the meta.

15. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK The Phazing Spider-Man
    TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

You aren't hallucinating but it's just a gag on the site

Number51x likes this.
  16. boyishgoodlooks Aspiring Trainer
    boyishgoodlooks

Does welder move the Charizard from Team Up up a tier? With the Roaring Resolve ability and Welder it can hit some big numbers. Or are stage 2 decks just too slow?

17. Frost Amethyst
    Frost

The translators missing that "Martial Arts Dojo" was supposed to be a location from the games and naming it something different for the TCG... some choices were made!

18. Poke_collector Aspiring Trainer
    Poke_collector

Could whimsicott be the new lele?

19. Catastrophia TCG and TCGO player, as well as Judge and TO
    Catastrophia

Articles Staff Member

It's likely in my opinion - fire will be getting very strong in this new set, Blacephalon-GX will be getting the buff it needed to be a tier 1 deck in my books. It might just be worth playing water again.

20. NicoNoo Meta/budget player
    NicoNoo

How exactly? Tapu Lele wasn't used for its attack 99% of the times (and I only say that because I used her to KO a Ditto this morning ha).

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 9 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?