• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (UNB) Full Melmetal Wall

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
I am a big fan of Metal Pokemon and I'm so glad they've been getting s much support recently, and I am excited for the release of Unbroken Bonds, because I can't wait for Lucario & Melmetal GX! Here is the list I currently have come up with (bearing in mind, no tests were carried out yet):

Pokemon:
3 Lucario & Melmetal GX UNB
Lucario & Melmetal-GX – Metal – HP260
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Metal Fist: 50 damage. Search your deck for a [M] Energy card and attach it to this Pokemon. Then, shuffle your deck.

[M][M][C][C] Heavy Impact: 150 damage.

[C]+ Full Metal Wall GX: Until the end of this game, your [M] Pokemon take 30 less damage from your opponent’s attacks (after applying Weakness and Resistance). If this Pokemon has at least 1 extra Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack’s cost), discard all Energy from your opponent’s Active Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your TAG TEAM is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 3
2 Dhelmise GUR
1 Jirachi TEU
2 Heatran CES
2 Registeel CRI
1 Magearna ULP

Trainers:
4 Cynthia
2 Mt. Coronet
2 Jasmine
4 Nest Ball
3 Lillie
3 Acerola
3 Choice Band
2 Pokemon Communication
3 Metal Frying Pan
2 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Altar of the Sunne
2 Sophocles
2 Bill’s Analysis
1 Escape Board

Energy:
10 Metal
4 DCE

If going first/second the ideal starting hand includes at least 1 Lucario & Melmetal, Dhelmise, Jasmine/Lillie and DCE. Since Lucario & Melmetal can charge themselves using Metal Fist and a DCE, it's best to get them in the Active.

However, if you don't get L&M in your starting hand, Heatran or Registeel can make a good starting Active: since there are multiple methods of getting a L&M on the bench (4 Nest Ball, 2 Pokemon Fan Club, 2 Jasmine and draw support), the odds are that you can get them on turn 1. Heatran can be used to attach up to 4 Metal Energy to the benched L&M or Registeel can be used instead if energy is in the discard (can be put there using Sophocles; I thought about adding Ultra Ball to have more ways to discard Metal).

Once L&M is powered up (DCE+2 Metal), it can deal a maximum of 200 Damage to GX's per turn (400 for weakness): 2 Dhelmise on Bench and attached Choice Band. Magearna can be used to switch Tools on the L&M to potentially increase its resistance (Frying Pan to remove weakness and -30 Damage taken or -60 combined with the GX attack) when needed.

I included Acerola for a cheeky re-load to stop the opponent from taking three prizes at least once. Altar of the Sunne is mainly there in case of a Blacephalon when I have no Frying Pan. Bill's Analysis is to help get items or stadiums I need, or even other Supporters in a pinch (e.g. Acerola). Escape Board for use if I start with a Jirachi although I don't think that's too necessary in this deck. PokeComms just in case I have a Heatran/Jirachi/Registeel/Magearna in hand when I'd rather use a L&M or Dhelmise.

One main issue I can think of is not enough Pokemon, so if anyone has any suggestions for what to add (i.e. would synergise well), let me know!

Let me know what you guys think!

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
I don't usually run Tag-Teams so I'm not very familiar towards the Extra Energy costs, However that GX Just stats that you need 1 Extra energy and with it's main attack you can just use a DCE in order to get it started, so would that cover it's cost?. If that's the case I can this being a really good Addition to both Non-Gx metal decks(That tank) and Metagross-gx.

Last edited:

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
I don't usually run Tag-Teams so I'm not very familiar towards the Extra Energy costs, However that GX Just stats that you need 1 Extra energy and with it's main attack you can just use a DCE in order to get it started, so would that cover it's cost?. If that's the case I can this being a really good Addition to both Non-Gx metal decks(That tank) and Metagross-gx.
Yeah, I thought about that too, additing the L&M tag team to Tool Drop, but I think it's too much lf a liability for bot hat much effect for something with such little HP. That's why I'm trying to have the L&M tag team be the main tanky attacker in this deck.

I think adding Guzma would help this tbh, I forgot about that card oops.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
I also really like metal and was excited to Lucario Melmetal do so well during that recent tournament. However, because that list was stall based I'm not sure how I'd play Lucario/Melmetal, but I would probably play the new genesect that came out in full metal wall.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
I also really like metal and was excited to Lucario Melmetal do so well during that recent tournament. However, because that list was stall based I'm not sure how I'd play Lucario/Melmetal, but I would probably play the new genesect that came out in full metal wall.
I can see Genesect being useful, and actually it uses a Metal along with DCE so it would be quite good to start some benched Pokemon and then retreat for free, hmm... I'm not sure it's useful enough to use up a Bench space and a DCE on though.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
I can see Genesect being useful, and actually it uses a Metal along with DCE so it would be quite good to start some benched Pokemon and then retreat for free, hmm... I'm not sure it's useful enough to use up a Bench space and a DCE on though.

I think it seems decent and probably worth testing especially if you are playing several counts of acerola like the stall version was.

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
I think it seems decent and probably worth testing especially if you are playing several counts of acerola like the stall version was.

Yeah I agree, I really like that first attack, getting energies out of your deck means you could run a lower amount of Energy. I see this working really good with Metagross-GX, running Steven's resolve on your first turn getting what you need and using the Tag-team to get energy out of your deck while initially tanking, then once you have a couple of Metagross's set up you can retreat it with the steel energy cost - Possible Acerola it up(Ultra ball/Sophocles/Plumeria it) then your opponent will have to deal with 3 Metagross's with 310Hp(with frying pan) for only 2 prize cards. Throw in a basic non gx steel type for anything that prevents your metagross's from attacking, and yeah should be fun.