• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Umbreon/Zoroark/Tauros (AOR-SUM)

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
umbreon_running__gif_animation__by_krazeeladee-d7a2fba.gif

4x Eevee
4x Umbreon-GX
2x Tauros-GX
2x Zoroark
2x Zorua
1x Oranguru
1x Charizard-EX

3x N
4x Sycamore
2x Lysandre
3x Brigette
4x Ultra Ball
2x Float Stone
3x EXP Share
4x Max Elixir
4x Crushing Hammer
2x Enhanced Hammer
2x Parallel City

4x DCE
7x Darkness Energy

Trying to get back into PTCG after about a year long break because Shaymin-EX monopolized the format.

Shaymin's still monopolizing the format. Anyways

1. What is the Charizard-EX doing in this list? Which one is it? Why am I even asking which one it is, none of them are great and none of them are even usable without fire/rainbow energy.

2. Why max elixirs/exp share when all 3 of your main attackers are DCE dependent anyways, and Umbreon requires a from-hand attachment on your Eevee to search for it?

4. Why no VS seekers?

I'd definitely dump the elixirs, xp shares, charizard, at least 2 of your Brigette and 3 of those darkness energy. This gives you 14 cards to work with. Ideally 2 of those should be Shaymin, but if you're dead set on not using it, a 2-2 line of Remoraid/Octillery is the next best thing, Oranguru is a nice supplement draw engine but it can be hard to play down below 3 cards each turn to use him. To maximize disruption, a delinquent, a Team Skull Grunt and a Team Flare Grunt are all good 1 of cards. 4 VS seekers are a must. That's 11 cards there. If you're concerned about being able to find darkness energy to get Umbreon on the field, a Skyla/Professor's Letter is an option in Eeveelution decks. Could also run extra float stones, escape ropes, maybe a pokemon center lady or another stadium card or two depending on what you find yourself lacking.

Thanks for the input Kietharr! Here are my responses.

1. The Charizard form Evolutions, it has a 3 colorless attack so that it can swing at Decidueye GX for a 2HKO.

2. This is one of my deck building mistakes as it has been a while since I have played PTCG.

3. This is AOR on, no VS Seekers.

Thanks for your time!

If you want to two-shot things weak to fire, tech in SM Eevee and AOR Flareon, as well as other Eeveelutions to hit multiple weaknesses on demand.

-I agree with Kietharr in dropping the Elixirs since they work best with all basic attackers. As well as the Exp Shares, since they don't do anything.

-Dropping at least 2, if not all Brigettes would be fine, since you don't need to fill your bench right away. If anything use nest/level balls to not burn your supporter for the turn.

-The darkness energy is always nice against special energy hate decks, so the 7 darkness energies isn't bad.

-For card draw, definitely Shaymin EX is by far the best card to use, but I personally would stick with the Oranguru instead of Octillery if you are dead-set on not using Shaymin, but that's my personal preference. And for sure would add one more Float Stone, Zoroark REALLY needs it, and could also add a Zoroark BREAK for fun Foul Play shenanigans.

-If you really like to disrupt as your deck suggests, the supporters suggested are fantastic.

-As for not including VS Seeker, why? I get you don't like Shaymin, and VS Seeker will rotate with the same set, but so will AOR and PRC, so may as well remove Lysandre by the same logic. VS Seeker is an INSANELY powerful card, and not using it is willfully crippling your deck.

-Lastly, another stadium option is Reverse Valley, more damage is good, and parallel lessens your fire damage if you use Eeveelutions/Charizard if you stick with him.

Thanks for the input Kietharr! Here are my responses.

1. The Charizard form Evolutions, it has a 3 colorless attack so that it can swing at Decidueye GX for a 2HKO.

2. This is one of my deck building mistakes as it has been a while since I have played PTCG.

3. This is AOR on, no VS Seekers.

Thanks for your time!

I still think Charizard is wasteful in this list, Decidueye is a very bench heavy type of deck by design, Zoroark will almost surely hit 2HKO range on Decidueye and you definitely have the tools to dig for a Zoroark.

Back