• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Umbreon, Yveltal and Garbador: Any thoughts?

MadDanX

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, this is a deck I made using several ideas. I won a 24 ticket tournament with this but it needs improvements any thoughts?
Thanks
-Dan

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 3 Eevee SUM 101
* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 100
* 2 Umbreon-GX SUM 80
* 2 Yveltal GEN 116
* 1 Yveltal-EX PR-XY XY150
* 1 Trubbish BKP 56
* 1 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Crushing Hammer GEN 60
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 1 Team Skull Grunt SUM 133
* 1 Skyla BKP 122
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 2 Team Flare Grunt GEN 73
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Reverse Valley BKP 110
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 N FAC 105
* 3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 15

* 4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111
* 7 Darkness Energy 7
* 4 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

lkmdude

Aspiring Trainer
What is your reasoning for including 4 psychic energy, as garbodor is not meant to attack. Add in a few more vs seeker.

MadDanX

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the feedback, I originally had Espeon-GX in this deck meaning that it needed the energy and when I removed it I forgot to remove the energy.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
I think you have too much energy in this deck. Also, I like the idea of the espeon in this deck. Gives you a quality stall with that first confusion attack.

Might want a couple more vs seekers too.

Finally, probably want 1 enhanced hammer.

If you keep espeon, i would probably cut one psychic and two darkness energies. I would alsocut one ninja boy. Then add one enhanced hammer and 2 vs seekers.

No espeon, then i would cut all the psychic and put darkness at 6 instead of 7. that way you can fit this stuff in even easier.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Why no Yveltal (BKT) which is another awesome attacker?

A 1-1 Garbodor line will not be consistent enough across many games based upon my experience. Should either be prized or you need to discard 1 of the Pokémon, you could lose the use of Garbodor's crippling Ability altogether. By the way, I just noticed that your list does not include any Float Stones ("standard" Tool most commonly used for Garbodor) Tools which can activate Garbotoxin... I'd suggest running a 2-2 Garbodor with 2 Float Stones or remove the current 1-1 line and add 1-2 Hex Maniac as a replacement.