UltraPro EX Legend Maker Binder

BoDragon

Aspiring Trainer
From Water Pokémon Master:
UltraPro EX Legend Maker Binder
UltraPro will be releasing EX Legend Maker themed binders in February in celebration of the set! Each binder will contain fourteen pages, each with nine card slots, and will be able to hold 126 Pokemon cards (252 if you put cards on the front and back of each page). The binders will feature Pokemon artwork from EX Legend Maker (Arcanine, Banette, Aerodactyl, and Mew) that will be both on the front and back covers of each binder. The retail price will be $15.95 per binder. You can see one of the binders, featuring Arcanine (front) and Aerodactyl (back), to the right.

Are these similar to the three-ring binders we previously had for the Base and Team Rocket sets from the early days?

POLOP

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think that these are the three ring binders, but I think that these are the folders that have then slim spine and the pages are connected to the book, therefore you cant add or subtract pages from it.
Although these folders are great because they are so slim, and the pages dont fall out etc.

PokeGuru

The loneliest hobo...
RE:  UltraPro EX Legend Maker Binder

POLOP said:
I don't think that these are the three ring binders, but I think that these are the folders that have then slim spine and the pages are connected to the book, therefore you cant add or subtract pages from it.
Although these folders are great because they are so slim, and the pages dont fall out etc.

By looks of it, it sounds like the slim spine ones. They're better for holding in pages, but not good if you have huge collections - the 3 ring ones you can often add more pages to to put more cards in there (sounded a bit like Yoda there...), so personally, I prefer those.

There's also the bling factor which must be added to the equation...=D

BoDragon

Aspiring Trainer
Looking at the pictures, they look more like the slim folders. The artwork on them is cool yet the folders do not fit my organizational purposes.

POLOP

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm, when you say slim spine, do you mean it has the flat edge on the spine (albeit a slim one) or the spine sort of curves around.
Because I have an ultra pro folder the same size and the spine curves around and it is a great folder. But I have a smaller sized folder with a flat spine and the spine is bent on it and doesnt close properly now.

Mjadex123

its a covered in plastic spine and its unbentable.

well im getting like 2 binders for myself - one of them will be used for my japanese battle e cards.

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
I hope to see one of these in the future, and end up using it for collecting this set!

Prime

Monisou Sentai Pokanger
If it's a 3x3 sleeved binder, I might be really interested in getting one. I need something to take with me to tournaments to trade stuff out of. Hopefully they sell these in stores.

Prime

Monisou Sentai Pokanger
It'd be nice if they would release more notebooks both 2x2 and 3x3 because the current ones...suck =/

POLOP

Aspiring Trainer
By the current ones are you reffering to the current pokemon folders or the current ultra pro folders?

Prime

Monisou Sentai Pokanger
The current Ultra Pro folders. I've seen the few ones they have given out to ____ championship winners, but usually it just has like 2 pokemon on the front, 2 pokemon on the back and a stupid colored background. I could so design something better than them and I don't even have my degree yet. The legend maker one isn't BAD, and if they would make more, maybe more based on TCG elements, I would definitely buy some.

Holy Star

What I'd really like is some of the Japanese art on the binders...much better than Sugimori Art with a color background.

Secretsmeargle

Aspiring Trainer
Hiyas

I completely agree. I think the artwork on these Binders are awesome, I especially like the Mew pic.

I would get one, but I'm not sure if I can afford to. I'm 100% sure the only way I'll be getting one is if I find it for a good price on ebay or something. The shipping to New Zealand is probably too high for me =(

~Secretsmeargle

Mjadex123

Hmm... I can get them cheap here in Australia and have it shipped to you if you think the retail price in NZ is too dear than these in Australia.

Secretsmeargle

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm.. The thing is, I dont think I've seen any of the latest pokemon binders for sale in New Zealand. I'm not sure if they get distributed here. I'll just see what happens when they come out, because our league moved to a new store last year, so maybe they're going to order them in, but I dunno.

Because it's just a binder though, and I'm not in great need of a new one, I'll just see what the prices are.

~Secretsmeargle

Secretsmeargle

Aspiring Trainer
Well, it's the holidays at the moment, so league hasnt been on and I haven't checked the store in a while, but I know we had these tins with a Rayquaza and plusle/minun on them or something; but they've been out a while.

~Secretsmeargle

Holy Star

I can't wait to get the Legend Maker Binder.

I'll need to get one, my Unseen Forces-Deoxys binder is full, and my one Delta Species one, there's just too much to count!

It'll be great for storing LM and the upcoming set in May!