Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Similar to the Haunted Hollow line, Ultra PRO will be releasing a new “Enchanted Glade” product line featuring Fairy Pokemon like Galarian Rapidash and Jigglypuff.
These should release in spring next year, but no release date or pricing information is known yet.

Enchanted-Glade-2-Inch-Album-200x200.jpg

2″ Binder

Enchanted-Glade-4-Pocket-Portfolio-200x200.jpg

4-Pocket Album

Enchanted-Glade-9-Pocket-Porfolio-200x200.jpg

9-Pocket Album

Enchanted-Glade-9-Pocket-PRO-Binder-200x200.jpg

9-Pocket PRO Binder

Enchanted-Glade-Playmat-200x200.jpg

Playmat...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Can PokeBeach, as the de-facto biggest website covering Pokemon TCG, reach out to Ultra Pro and ask why they never commission artists for original art like Japan does? Why they don't use any official, alternative art beside key set arts for binders? Not even card art?
We can assume it's some form of weird contractual obligation and/or TPCi being overly protective of their brand, but it's genuinely concerning how their licensed Pokemon product lags behind other TCGs they have licenses with.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
We can assume it's some form of weird contractual obligation and/or TPCi being overly protective of their brand, but it's genuinely concerning how their licensed Pokemon product lags behind other TCGs they have licenses with.
I'm all for criticizing how TPCi handles its own franchise, but this probably isn't it. We know TPCi approves original artwork for the Japanese merchandise, and we also see some pretty wacky designs on third-party licensee products (e.g. UNIQLO clothes for a while, a number of unusual licensed products for this anniversary year).

I would wager it's one of two scenarios;

1. UltraPro is being overly cheap. They don't have to commission/pay royalties on top of what they already pay to TPCi to use stock artwork and some generic background.

2. UltraPro has made TPCi some proposals, but they're somehow so out there as to be objectionable.

I always thought UP has been half-hearted in how they handle their licensed products. I'm a little surprised TPCi hasn't already ended the agreement and handled this all themselves, they don't seem to be bringing anything to the table that's particularly difficult to do.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I'm all for criticizing how TPCi handles its own franchise, but this probably isn't it. We know TPCi approves original artwork for the Japanese merchandise, and we also see some pretty wacky designs on third-party licensee products (e.g. UNIQLO clothes for a while, a number of unusual licensed products for this anniversary year).
I also wouldn't bet that's the case, because I see Pokemon designs on clothes of local brands. But it is worth noting that this is TCG we're talking about - there might be some kind of difference.
UP has been getting less lazy these past couple of years, because the amount of competition is staggering. Still, it's not like there isn't a lot of official art laying around BESIDES Sugimori and I'm curious why they won't use that.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
I wonder how far into google search of "anime forest" they had to go to find that stock image

Last edited:

Pokemon1982

Aspiring Trainer
I also wouldn't bet that's the case, because I see Pokemon designs on clothes of local brands. But it is worth noting that this is TCG we're talking about - there might be some kind of difference.
UP has been getting less lazy these past couple of years, because the amount of competition is staggering. Still, it's not like there isn't a lot of official art laying around BESIDES Sugimori and I'm curious why they won't use that.
This is 100% the TPCi being incredibly cheap. Pokemon in Japan has a lot of power over what they can do with the brand, versus Pokemon in the USA. Also, look at the designs of Pokemon clothes/merch in other stores. Its also all just stock/anime art. Its a lot easier to sell stock art on a shirt versus a binder. Still a terrible product, but I doubt this is UP fault.