• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ultra Necrozma Deck Feedback

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Ultra Necrozma-GX FLI 127
* 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 161
* 3 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Lunala {*} UPR 62
* 1 Mew FCO 29
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 3 Malamar FLI 51

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Lillie SUM 147
* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 N NVI 101
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

##Energy - 12

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 8 Psychic Energy Energy 5
* 3 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This deck was on my bucket list when both Ultra Necrozma and Malamar were revealed; I used Derium's Competitive Pokemon's list as a starting point. In case anyone is wondering about the deck's overall strategy, it focuses on Ultra Necrozma GX as the deck's main attacker, discarding Psychic energies with Photon Geyser to inflict potentially lethal amounts of damage, which can be further amplified by Choice Band and/or Beast Energy. To recharge it, Dawn Wings Necrozma GX can jump into the active with Invasion, then Malamar uses Psychic Recharge to get Psychic energies back, and (with a Float Stone), Dawn Wings manually retreats into Ultra to hit hard again, effectively chaining OHKOs left and right each turn if done right; this is similar to RayEels in the B/W era for older players. Dawn Wings can even fight itself if it has to, especially against Buzzwole decks. Mew is a non EX/GX attacker that's generally a 1-time out against Hoopa and baby Alolan Ninetales by copying Ultra Necrozma's Photon Geyser. Lunala Prism is the deck's backup way of accelerating energy under ability lock, while also being another non-GX attacker to fall back on (albeit an expensive one) in emergencies. The main issue here is bench space since I want an Ultra Necrozma to fight, another one on the bench waiting to be charged up in case the first one falls, a Malamar or two on the bench (or even all three; the reason why I'm using a 3-3 line here is because they're all I have at the moment), and possibly Oranguru for extra draws if my hand is very low.

I'm using only 3 Ultra Balls because 4 Mysterious Treasures can search out pretty much anything for half the cost. I'm also using a split of Rescue Stretcher and Super Rod for recovering fallen Pokemon and recycling Steel energies for Ultra Necrozma to reuse.

I'm debating on including a second Letter or City, as well as dropping the Lele count to 1 since bench space is really tight. Suggestions on whether to do this or other things are welcomed.

Last edited:
Hi PlatinumDude,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Parallel City (one is not reliable enough the prevent opposing Parallel City from entering play and the stadium hurts the deck less than assumed)
- 1 Rescue Stretcher (the deck does not need the extra recovery)

+ 1 Ultra Ball (eight are needed without Brigette to search out Inkay turn one)
+ 1 Choice Band (this is a real offensive deck and Choice Band reduces the number of Psychic Recharges needed to achieve ohkos)

Depending on your playstyle and meta you could also consider these modifications:

- 1 Lillie (replaced with Brigette)
+ 1 Brigette (searches out Inkay turn one and reduces the burdon placed on your search items that can be used to find Malamar and recover fast from opposing Parallel City)

- 1 Ultra Necrozma GX (two can be sufficient and psychic attackers might be more optimal in certain metas)
+ 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX / Mewtwo GX (alternate psychic attacker in certain meta. Note that Mewtwo GX also bypasses Verdict GX)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

being able to switch out of the active is extremely important in this deck so I would
-1 Ultra Necrozma GX
+1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
Dawn wings will also really be the mvp for you if you ever run into a gardevoir matchup and fighting match ups

would also do what dark espeon suggested
-1 rescue stretcher
+1 ultra ball
its more important to get set up and without the brigette u realy need reliable ways to set up and more ways to get ur psychic energy into the discard pile

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Here's the updated build:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Ultra Necrozma-GX FLI 127
* 2 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
* 3 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Lunala {*} UPR 62
* 1 Mew FCO 29
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 3 Malamar FLI 51

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Lillie SUM 147
* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 N NVI 101

##Energy - 12

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 8 Psychic Energy Energy 5
* 3 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

There are times when I missed having the third Ultra Necrozma to increase the odds of me having it in my opening hand, but I guess that the 8 search cards makes it easier for me to pull it out if I need it.

Back