• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ultra Malamar

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Hey,

So, I plan on playing Ultra Malamar for my upcoming Leaugue Challenge. Here’s my list, any criticism will be very much appreciated.

4 Inkay FLI 50
4 Malamar FLI 51
2 Ultra Necrozma-GX FLI 95
1 Jirachi TEU 99
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
2 Giratina LOT 97
1 Marshadow SLG 45
1 Gengar & Mimikyu-GX TEU 53
3 Guzma BUS 115
3 Cynthia UPR 119
4 Lillie SLG 62
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
3 Nest Ball SUM 123
2 Choice Band GRI 121
3 Viridian Forest TEU 156
2 Escape Board UPR 122
2 Switch RG 102
2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
8 Psychic Energy 5
3 Metal Energy 8
1 Beast Energy FLI 117

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I would recommend another jirachi.
I would also swap a tina for a deoxys. It is much nicer to start with (although you do have switches) and is just a little better in the zapdos matchup. Also, having 2 different weaknesses is good sometimes.
I would also
WAIT A SEC YOU DON'T HAVE MARSHADOW GX

Add at least 1 of those. And dawn wings.

The cuts that these mally decks made these days are just insane.

https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/mally-box-i-refuse-to-say-ultra-mally.149787/

I would recommend another jirachi.
I would also swap a tina for a deoxys. It is much nicer to start with (although you do have switches) and is just a little better in the zapdos matchup. Also, having 2 different weaknesses is good sometimes.
I would also
WAIT A SEC YOU DON'T HAVE MARSHADOW GX

Add at least 1 of those. And dawn wings.

The cuts that these mally decks made these days are just insane.

https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/mally-box-i-refuse-to-say-ultra-mally.149787/

K, guess I’ll add that next time, I don’t have any of that and it won’t come in time for orders. Thanks for taking the time to answer!

I'd personally cut Genku for a Dedenne GX. Card is good for consistency.

I'd also cut the Energy Switch and Escape Rope for 4 Ultra Ball. You need them to consistently get energy in the discard pile.

K, guess I’ll add that next time, I don’t have any of that and it won’t come in time for orders. Thanks for taking the time to answer!
If you have a dawn wings, at least add one

I'd personally cut Genku for a Dedenne GX. Card is good for consistency.

I'd also cut the Energy Switch and Escape Rope for 4 Ultra Ball. You need them to consistently get energy in the discard pile.
Genku is GOOD for tag team decks (gardeon just dies)
And I didn't notice no ultra balls.
Definitely need some of those

Last edited by a moderator:
Copycat mimikyu with a distortion door and choice band one shots a reshizard something to consider if its gonna he popular at the lc

Hey,

So, I plan on playing Ultra Malamar for my upcoming Leaugue Challenge. Here’s my list, any criticism will be very much appreciated.

4 Inkay FLI 50
4 Malamar FLI 51
2 Ultra Necrozma-GX FLI 95
1 Jirachi TEU 99
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
2 Giratina LOT 97
1 Marshadow SLG 45
1 Gengar & Mimikyu-GX TEU 53
3 Guzma BUS 115
3 Cynthia UPR 119
4 Lillie SLG 62
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
3 Nest Ball SUM 123
2 Choice Band GRI 121
3 Viridian Forest TEU 156
2 Escape Board UPR 122
2 Switch RG 102
2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
8 Psychic Energy 5
3 Metal Energy 8
1 Beast Energy FLI 117

Thanks in advance!
I'm curious to know how well did the deck perform? Was running just the 2 Ultra Necrozma GXs sufficient?

Running 2 ultra necrozmas was not the problem I'm sure not sure how you lose celesaur when you can obliterate their shaymins and have multiple way to one shot their celesaur. Dark is usually a bad matchup for malamar but that deck is clunky so imma guess you just had bad luck or are Inexperienced

Running 2 ultra necrozmas was not the problem I'm sure not sure how you lose celesaur when you can obliterate their shaymins and have multiple way to one shot their celesaur. Dark is usually a bad matchup for malamar but that deck is clunky so imma guess you just had bad luck or are Inexperienced

It was the Vileplume variant, not the Shaymins. And plus it was hard to KO the CeleSaurs with Guzma’s because my opponent kept switching into Vileplume, and I eventually ran out of Guzmas.

For ZoroNinja, I had a really bad starting hand and barely any decent draws.

...I'm sure not sure how you lose celesaur when you can obliterate their shaymins and have multiple way to one shot their celesaur...
I also run CeleSaur without Shaymins (found these to be a disappointing Achilles heal) and since then, my match-up against Ultra Necrozma GX decks improved to 60-40 in my favor (due to keeping Viridian Stadium and the M energy out of play, as much as possible).

@NaganadelIsBeast - what change(s) would you make given the experience you had?

Back