U.S. Nationals 2014

Blah

DBT
Never too early to start talking about Nats :3

TPCi just announced all the details here.

It'll take place in the Indiana Convention Center from July 4th-6th, with registration only being before-hand--if you don't preregister, you can't participate. You need 10 Play! Points and 30$ to enter for Masters, 5 Play! Points for everyone else.

Looking forward to it, who else is going and what's everyone's plans?

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
I'll be there. I'll probably get there on the 3rd and staying until late on the 6th. Now that you got me thinking about it, I remember how much fun Nats is. Can't wait for it!

I find it interesting that every Masters player gets 7 packs for participating. Why not just get rid of the entry fee if they're going to do that? lol.

Blah

DBT
Not to be cynical, but it's probably for money's sake. It's like forcing you to buy 7 packs to enter the tournament.

Anyway, I can't confirm I'm going yet since my plans are shaky, but it looks I should be able to leave the summer program that I'm doing at Cornell for those three days. Was probably one of the most fun weekends I've ever had last year, so I'm really hoping I get to go.

On that thought, I need more bad deck ideas to play in side events. Anyone?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I'll be doing what I did last year and playing solely the side events if I can make it. I'm hoping to bring a few decks to surprise people with like Ninetales and Eeveelutions.

Blah

DBT
You get Play! Points by attending sanctioned events, and you can check how many you have on your profile on pokemon.com.

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
The middle of Summer? If I can find a plan to take a fruitful vacation to Indiana, I guess I might go. I personally feel its more likely I won't go, but we'll see what happens.

RogueChomp

Team DBT
NO I HATE PREREGISTRATION. Last year, the prereg line was SO long and the normal line was so short, it was amazing.

Anyways, going to hopefully get $850 from VGC and TCG. Going to be alot of fun.

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
RogueChomp said:
NO I HATE PREREGISTRATION. Last year, the prereg line was SO long and the normal line was so short, it was amazing.

There's a thing saying that prereg is internet-only. Lines are not a concern.

RogueChomp

Team DBT
blargh257 said:
RogueChomp said:

There's a thing saying that prereg is internet-only. Lines are not a concern.

This year, yeah. Preregistration is pretty much mandatory this year because nobody wants the risk of not having a spot.

L

LiveMax23

Can not believe I even remember this site but anyway I remember you guys and I could possibly be there wether or not Rougechomp brings me

RogueChomp

Team DBT
LiveMax23 said:
Can not believe I even remember this site but anyway I remember you guys and I could possibly be there wether or not Rougechomp brings me
I told you we can bring you lol, have your parents email my mom.

L

LiveMax23

RogueChomp said:
LiveMax23 said:
I told you we can bring you lol, have your parents email my mom.

sword she did

Blah

DBT
Only three weeks away guys!

...on that note, is there a chance that anyone has a spare Beach I could borrow? I would only need 1 since I've gotten 2 from someone else.

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
I thought I had posted here but I guess not. I'll be at Nats this year again.
Hopefully I get into top cut again...somewhere above 64 (I'm looking at you roguechomp...)

Blah

DBT
Just like last year, I'll try to keep this thread as well as my player's report thread updated with how I and other PB people are doing. My goal is to top 8, which is obviously not going to happen, but hey, you never know :3

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
I'm going to be attending this year. I have yet to go to Nationals as a Master, so I am totally hype. I plan on bringing my A game.