• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tyranitar Prime, Masters, BR

LugiAndreas

Aspiring Trainer
Today my butt was kicked at BR where I was playing my T-tarDeck. Most of the decks I was playing against weren't unbeatable but my deck was bad, slow and so on...
From that experience I've trying to improve my deck and this is what my new Tyranitar-decklist looks like:

3-2-3 Tyranitar Prime
2-2 Manectric
1-1-1 Nidoqueen
1-1-1 Flygon
4 Sableye/Spiritomb (I like Sableye and have only 1 Spiritomb.. :( )

2 Professor Oak's Visit
2 Bebe's Search
2 Pokémon Collector
2 Interviewer's Questions
1 Looker's Investigation
1 Palmer's Contribution
2 Broken-Time Space
3 Pokémon Communication
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Expert Belt
1 Bench Shield
1 Memory Berry

4 Special Dark
4 Double Colorless
2 Special Rainbow
3 Basic Dark
1 Basic Psychic

Strategy is quiet simple; T-tar as my mainattacker, Nidoqueen for healing, Manectric for protecting my bench against sniping AND backfire from Darkness Howl, Flygon for free retreat. I'm still doubting which one I prefer; Sableye or Spiritomb, what's your opinion?
T-tar should start with some Darkness Howl and finish the game with Power Claw and Megaton Tail.

What do you think? Could this be a good deck, or is this my next failure in Pokémon TCG?

Tyranitar is a good deck specially with 4 spiritomb to slow down your opponent while you speed up your evolutions.
so
-3 sableye
+3 Spiritomb

and you also need a quick attacker since building up tyranitar takes time so I would say take advantage of the trainer lock and use
+2-2 Mismagius (from undaunted has the same poltergeist attack as gengar from stormfront and is easier to get out)
-2-2 Manectric( honestly you dont need him shielding ur bench when nidoqueen is healing 20 every turn)

you need more draw power so Uxie's are pretty much staple in every deck so
-1-1-1 Flygon
+2-1 Uxie lv x

Those changes alone should add speed and consistency to your deck

as for the energy line
-2 Rainbow
for
+2 Psychic for mismagius and nidoqueen

The beauty of this deck is that with 1 psychic or dark and 1 DCE all the pokemon in this lineup should be able to attack so maybe try to add in 2 Energy exchanger as well to try and get the energy you need instead of relying on the sometimes unpredictable Interviewer's Questions

^ No elm's isn't good in a deck were you don't need the search power that only gets evolved pokemon. And he on.ly runs 2 bebe's search so it would be better to add more if more search is needed.

I would say that you should go with spiritomb over sableye in this deck. Since it would speed your evolutions up (evolve faster) and slow the opponent down. But like thepliskin5005 said (but suggested the wrong card) you might need some search power so 1 more bebe's search is needed. There is also better card than professor oak's visit so that has to go.

Take out
2 professor oak's visit
1 memory beery (you won't need this)
1 pokemon communication (a lot of trainer locking out there now and you will play spiritomb)

Put in
1 bebe's search (more search power)
2 professor oak's new theory (good hand refresh)
1 unown q (so you can get free retreat on a spiritomb. If you don't have flygon out)

This should help you somewhat. You could also consider playing with only on of the supportive stage 2 pokemon (flygon or nidoqueen) And make the other pokemon line thicker.

@ Aburame Yuki
I disagree with Professor Oak's Visit....I believe he should add more, not take both out. Oak's visit is like a mini Claydol, draw 3, put one under. It's the most consistant draw power supporter out there, and IMO, any deck not running Claydol should make room for 4 of these. Soooooo
- 1 Communication(if you're going the Spiritomb route like other's have suggested)
- 1 Memory Berry(useless)
+ 2 Oak's Visit(consistancy, and Uxie X, unless you already have him, is VERY expensive/difficult to get)

I also like Professor Oak's Visit, wouldn't like to take it out.. Draw 3 and move one card from my hand at the bottom of my deck, consistant IMO. Same I feel about Memort Berry because it can cause a lot of damage in combination with Pupitar's Rage.
I agree with adding 3 extra Spiritomb for Sableye and Mismagius is nice as extra attacking Pokémon. And I see that Manectric maybe isn't that important..
By the way, the deck is quite slow so when the next set will be released, I think I would like to add the supportercard Black Belt. Good idea?

XFlameMasterX; I do have a Uxie lv X, add it??

Back