• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

~~Tyranitar Lock~~ Battle Roads - Master's Division聖煙

Sensei

3rd Place Cities - T-Tar
Screw Shifterade! Nothing could have prepared me for how great this worked out today! Check this mess out! I made this deck this morning in less than half an hour - and it worked wonders! I FINALLY MADE T-TAR WORK!!!

T-Tar Lock

Larvitar SF x2
Larvitar UL x2
Pupitar SF x3
Tyranitar SF x1
Tyranitar UL (Prime) x3
Vileplume UD 2-2-2
Spiritomb AR x3
Uxie La x2
Unown (Q) MD x1

Pokemon - 23

Broken Time Space x4
Bebe's x3
Copycat x2
Lucian's x2
Oak's New Theory x2
Collector x3
Interviewer's x2
Palmer's x1
Flower Shop Lady x1

Rare Candy x2
Luxury Ball x1
Expert Belt x1

T/S/S - 24

Special Dark x4
Dark x5
DCE x4

Energy - 13

Plan:
Well, the plan is simple. Get that big, loveable T-Tar out ASAP (Duh!). You get help with Spiritomb.
Set up your locking power with Vileplume ASAP! Let him sit on your bench, but don't forget to power him up (you don't want to get stuck with a powerless Vileplume).
I have had no problem in getting multiple, fully powered T-Tars ready for battle. Since so many people are playing Genplume, you don't have to worry too much about T-Tar's horrible weakness.
Don't be afraid to retreat Spiritomb and bring up T-Tar for an easy knockout. He can handle a little damage. When he's in trouble, just move his energies to the next available T-Tar (with Lucian's).
Be sure that you hold on to Vileplume until you get E-Belt onto the field. You don't want to get stuck with that card. It's a great card paird with Tyranitar prime!
CRITICS!!!

This looks mostly solid. There are just a few changes that can make this a little bit better. The Unleased Larvitars (Mountain Eater Larvitar) and Pupitars (Boost Gas/Rage Pupitar) are far better than the SF counterparts, so you can change those accordingly. I would also take out a BTS for another Collector as well. Two is pretty slim considering you can't use Trainers to search out Basics and you don't have Call. Finally, the Grass Energy can go for two Warp Energies and another DCE for consistency.

dmaster out.

Tyranitar SF x1
Why????

+1 Spiritomb AR
+1 Azelf LA
+1 Bebe's Search
+2 Collector
+1 DCE
-1 Interviewer's
-1 Flower Shop Lady
-1 Expert Belt
-3 Grass

Consistency at it's finest is what you need.

I like some of the advice - but as the World Champion himself said, "each player should find a way to play that suits them."
Four of some supporters isn't good news. But I agree with the four DCE.

I've added another Lucian's and another Collector as well.
Thanks for the help all!
I am so thankful for all the help.

Back